• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Milpool

mutsu said:
Nice to hear this. I have a similar sentiment of this when I play Pilotwings too. Switching the 3D on and off in that game also shows how much more alive things are when the 3D is on.

Can't wait to get the game... if only it's not so ridiculously jacked up in price in HK...

I'm the same with pilotwings, pretty much have to play it with 3d on. But I'm having a hard time with OoT, sprites like trees and bushes have a weird shimmer effect that really messes with my eyes/head. Not that I mind much, it looks insanely good in 2d mode IQ wise.

I had to leave at 9:00 AM for college but my post comes at 11:00 AM (now). I really want to go home to play the game but I have to wait until 5:00 PM! This is going to be a long day.

Blutonium

_Alkaline_ said:
So if you are using headphones, use stereo or surround?

Wouldn't surround still be the better option?

But you only have left + right with a headphone. You won't hear sound from the surround channels.

syoaran

Hot-sauce!

5838611097_d9d0e93bb0_z.jpg

Rich!

Just unfrozen King Zora, and now I'm doing the trading minigame (with the big prize at the end, you guys who have played it before know which one).

I love how theres lots of extra little cutscenes every so often which weren't in the original, like the one when you first encounter the massive moblin in the woods. Really fits in well. I've also noticed that when you put the game into 2D it adds a nice amount of AA, getting rid of the jaggies, and the framerate improves a tad.

Rekubot

Fuuck, game arrived a couple of hours ago and I can't see me turning it off anytime soon. Goodbye outside world!

Edit: First glitch found! Walked out of the room where you get the compass in the Great Deku Tree and found myself floating a few feet above the ground, haha. Got down easily enough.

I bought and played SMT: A Strange Journey yesterday (9.99 :D) and played it for 6 hours straight just to try and keep my mind off Zelda (that and the fact it's an incredible game), I seriously cannot wait for Sunday anymore. First time playing Zelda OoT and all i've been doing is looking at youtube gameplay videos ><

Slap my ass and call me Zelda GAF...

syoaran

Izayoi said:
One of those things is not like the other...

Why on earth did you buy Aion?

I've been working my way though a back catalogue of MMO's and I father enjoyed Aions reactivation week. It's no TOR or WoW, but I wanted something different.

As for zelda, it's easily the best use of 3D on the system, but still same old OoT ^^

Tiduz

Eurogaime
v80lB.jpg

kanugo said:
Did anyone get the "golden cover"?

I think tomorrow will be the day I'll buy a 3DS for this game.

when i just picked it up i got 2 covers, gold and normal, gold had a sticker on it on the outside of the case and a poster in it. switched the cases out :D

besiktas1

I've got today and tomorrow to finish Shantea. I'm getting this on Saturday. First time "properly" playing a Zelda. I will finish this!

Shame there's a lot of today left, otherwise it'll be 3 days to glory for us people who want/are forced to abide to the street date.

How much of a pain will it be to 100 percent the game? Also minus the Touchscreen inventory, is Water Temple actually easier?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
wrowa said:
You can't fool me, that's just a pre-order box!

Edit: Stealth edit, pff.

is it different from the gold you are referring to?

edit: the gold cover does say not for seperate sale on the back lol.

inside has the gems in the cutouts and link if you pull it out, standard is just white inside

kanugo

Thanks for the picture, Tiduz.

That's one sexy boxart. I pre-ordered the game in Game.co.uk and they had the golden cover with the two posters. Now the game is "in-stock" and it appears that only the normal cover is available.

[Nintex]

If I get home Zelda should be waiting for me. I can't wait and I also can't believe it's been almost 5 years since the last mainline Zelda was released.

rhino4evr

marc^o^ said:
This morning at work, I locked myself in the toilet for one hour, this game is that good :/
Ha! I've been there. I have little time to play at home. So lunch breaks will be all about Zelda.

rhino4evr

Father_Brain said:
...so, what's this about the framerate being worse in 3D? Seriously disappointing if true.
This is the first we've heard that...most reviews mention the game runs great in 3D. I wouldn't worry.

f@luS

More than a member.
Father_Brain said:
...so, what's this about the framerate being worse in 3D? Seriously disappointing if true.
Iwould say most of time its the samr. Some very rare framedrop in 3D. Really rare

grumpy said:
Zelda in the mail
GPzOjl.jpg

+

Donkey Kong '94, AKA the best mobile game ever made, available at the eShop

Today was a good day!

Dat Ocarina is flat.

As for the framerate, I heard nothing of the ilk. It's consistant in both areas.

grumpy

They are acacia seeds
CnuOm.jpg

As for the framerate, it appears to be locked at 30 fps with no framedrops. HUGE improvement over the N64/GC versions.

wrowa

Father_Brain said:
The 2D mode has AA, the 3D mode has not. That's the only perfomance difference I know of.

bumpkin

grumpy said:
Zelda in the mail
GPzOjl.jpg

+

Donkey Kong '94, AKA the best mobile game ever made, available at the eShop

Today was a good day!
I hate you so hard right now.

Damn you, Sunday. Get here NOW!

Mistle

boxeswgmh.png

I wonder if the Australian art is actually different from the US one, or if the colours just vary because of the press image.

I'm secretly hoping it means we get that shiny gold cover Tiduz posted. What's the deal with that? Preorder exclusive?

Top Bottom