• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

evangd007

autobzooty said:
has someone broken street date? seems like a lot of people have it already...

Target did but they've fixed the listing in their system so you can't get it anymore. I tried the Target near me and no dice (the dude said that someone else asked about it too). They also didn't have mini Swedish Fish. Worst Target ever.

Kirbyguy said:
Someone wanted me to confirm if the Hint Stones show off how to get some of the heart pieces. Do they?

There's a lot of hint videos to go through, but I don't think any of them do. If there was one, it would either be in the Bonus or Hyrule category under all the visions.

neoism

Watching the trailer was awesome, I wasn't expecting the 3D too be good, but it's not that bad, it will probably hurt my eyes after a while of playing though, but what it with the 3D slider, I barely put it up and it seem like I'm getting the full 3D effect. Still amazing little system wasn't expecting it to be soo small.

neoism

Tailzo said:
I guess I'm coming at another angle than most people in this thread.

When OoT ws released, I remember trying it at a store and thinking it looked blurry and foggy. But I heard everyone raving about it. Fast forward to Zelda WW. My then GF, now wife had told me she finished Zelda OoT 6 times, so I bought WW to her, and it had the disc with OoT on it too. I tried to play it, but I found the framerate to be dsitracting.

I did enjoy WW a lot though, but I never went back to OoT.

Now I'm buying OoT 3D, and I'm hopeful that I'll like it. My wife has also promised to help me if I'm ever stuck.
WTF your wife is AWESOME :eek:
malingenie said:
You only got a ps2 for one game?

you did it wrong
lulz not as bad as me... I bought a PS2 and only had The Matrix on DVD. I didn't buy a game til 2 weeks later and it was FFIX... :smug

neoism

Kirbyguy said:
Zelda games on the DS leaves profound sadness in my heart.
I'm totally with you, I hated Hourglass... only Zelda game I traded in... :( I just couldn't even buy the train one.. :/ I liked the visuals, but something just would click with me. Plus Hourglass had one of the worst dungeons in forever.

neoism said:
Watching the trailer was awesome, I wasn't expecting the 3D too be good, but it's not that bad, it will probably hurt my eyes after a while of playing though, but what it with the 3D slider, I barely put it up and it seem like I'm getting the full 3D effect. Still amazing little system wasn't expecting it to be soo small.
Are you talking about the 3D eShop trailer? If so, the 3D Slider only functions as an ON/OFF switch on trailers. You can't adjust the level of 3Dness.

Desiato

Woo, got the game.

When in Zelda's courtyard and you look through the window, the Mario paintings have been replaced with
New Super Mario Bros.-like landscape with blocks.
Pretty cool.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jaded Alyx said:
Are you talking about the 3D eShop trailer? If so, the 3D Slider only functions as an ON/OFF switch on trailers. You can't adjust the level of 3Dness.
Oh, thank God. The Zelda and MGS trailers almost left me blind.

Brazil said:
Oh, thank God. The Zelda and MGS trailers almost left me blind.
Yup. Everytime I say to myself 'ok, let's give them another shot', which is immediately followed by 'ohGodohGodohGodwhydididothat'

watershed

Banned
autobzooty said:
almost tricked a target employee into selling me the game today, but the computer wouldn't let her :(
I used to try to do this too. But now I'm a little more patient with game releases. I used to go to school and brag that I got a big game a day or two early, silly kids.

Foxix Von

DrForester said:
The motion for aiming is so well done it's frightening. You imagine it as just a gimmick, but it's awesome.

Arrrgghhh I know where I can get a copy now but the shipment is still sitting at the local airport. Hopefully tomorrow.

;_;

Foxix Von

Kirbyguy said:
Fixed, and no, it's not just you. They be doing everything to make me wonder if the speakers are ass.

Go into your 3DS system settings and change your audio settings from surround over to -> stereo.

arrrr the eurogamer review nearly got me to buy a 3ds. i'll probably just get the game anyway and let it sit there 'til i have more cash, it's unlikely to price drop in the next year right?

Foxix Von

Keyouta said:
The volume does seem very low to me.

Maybe I'm just crazy or they fixed it in a patch or something but I definitely remember switching over to stereo because it seemed like it was louder at the time of release.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
game did not arrive yesterday, hope it arrives today I want to see what all this fuss is about :p my first ever time playing OoT...hope the game is not a either love it or hate it game, my biggest fear is buying this game and not getting into it at all..that would suck..

Teknoman

Well hopefully they focus on having the volume at a decent level for surround, since the 3DS actually has pretty nice surround sound for small speakers. Pilotwings in particular makes good use of it.

Teknoman

GaimeGuy said:
why would you not use headphones? :|

I do when i'm not in a quiet environment, but if i'm at home and everyone is asleep or early in the morning, the surround sound mode is actually pretty nice.

just went downstairs to buy the game (my office is above a sofmap). never played ocarina besides a couple of hours of the gamecube version, so i'm looking forward to experiencing The Greatest Game Ever for the first time at a reasonable framerate

reektann

Having purchased a 3DS yesterday solely for Zelda and having spent a couple of hours with Ocarina 3D last night I can say it's totally been worth it. Now I've had time to play it in my own domain and not in a boiling shop stood up it just shows how much depth the 3D really brings. Half the fun is switching it off when you reach a large room or location just to see how much more 'alive' everything feels with that 3D Slider up.

Superb stuff.

mutsu

reektann said:
Having purchased a 3DS yesterday solely for Zelda and having spent a couple of hours with Ocarina 3D last night I can say it's totally been worth it. Now I've had time to play it in my own domain and not in a boiling shop stood up it just shows how much depth the 3D really brings. Half the fun is switching it off when you reach a large room or location just to see how much more 'alive' everything feels with that 3D Slider up.

Superb stuff.

Nice to hear this. I have a similar sentiment of this when I play Pilotwings too. Switching the 3D on and off in that game also shows how much more alive things are when the 3D is on.

Can't wait to get the game... if only it's not so ridiculously jacked up in price in HK...

I found that the 3d trailer of Zelda on the eshop had a very strong 3D effect even with the slider down the bottom ( still on though).

Would this be the same with the game? I can handle 3D quiet well, I've had no issues with my eyes tiring or hurting but the Zelda trailer was something else.

Comes out on the 30th here.Never played it when it came out ( didn't have a N64) but I am looking forward to it since it's the best game ever made, right? :)

Waikis

flipswitch said:
I found that the 3d trailer of Zelda on the eshop had a very strong 3D effect even with the slider down the bottom ( still on though).

Would this be the same with the game? I can handle 3D quiet well, I've had no issues with my eyes tiring or hurting but the Zelda trailer was something else.

Comes out on the 30th here.Never played it when it came out ( didn't have a N64) but I am looking forward to it since it's the best game ever made, right? :)

The 3d slider only functions as an on/off button for 3d effects when watching a video.

Jackano

flipswitch said:

3D videos doesn't have dynamic deepth with the slider...

Top Bottom