• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Goron dancing is the only one that I'm going to have nightmares over. I still remember the one huge trip up in the Waterfall cave that slammed my progress into a wall, so I should be good there.

My body is ready,

Bought US$20 for these and add up liberation maiden for a total of 15!

These games are such jewels of those times, I happen to have the originals myself and are one of my favorites zeldas, along with OfT

GG-Duo

Link's Awakening was one of my favourite childhood games, and I never played the Oracle games.

I have a plane ride to Asia tomorrow. I'm gonna play the heck out of these.

Goody

Since when has Nintendo ever released anything digital at midnight? Only thing I can remember is when the eShop first launched and I think that was at around 1 or 2 A.M. EST.

Anyway, getting both tomorrow. Really stoked. First time playing through these games. These, Minish Cap and Skyward Sword are my only unfinished Zeldas.

Castcoder

Banned
Since when has Nintendo ever released anything digital at midnight?

Fire Emblem was released at midnight. I think Luigi's Mansion and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon also had midnight launches on eShop. Animal Crossing is confirmed to have a midnight launch, too.

Goody

Fire Emblem was released at midnight. I think Luigi's Mansion and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon also had midnight launches on eShop. Animal Crossing is confirmed to have a midnight launch, too.

Well, now I'm disappointed that the Oracles didn't come out at midnight.

IrishNinja

yeah, ill be up all night but ill totally buy them whenever....these plus spirit tracks (and i wanna say GC 4 swords) are my last unfinished zelda games, and that's a new year's resolution of mine!

Velcro Fly

Plan on save state scumming through the required mini games if I absolutely must. I have no regrets because I think that stuff is dumb!

Goody

yeah, ill be up all night but ill totally buy them whenever....these plus spirit tracks (and i wanna say GC 4 swords) are my last unfinished zelda games, and that's a new year's resolution of mine!

You just reminded me that I haven't beaten Spirit Tracks either. It's going to be a rare event when I'm in the mood to play anything like Phantom Hourglass again.

nkarafo

Can someone explain the differences of the two? I want to determine which one to play first. Like, i'd like to play the easier one first.

Eusis

My Ages cart died about ten years ago and I'm not really sure how. I could've still replaced it for cheap by then, but just didn't bother, so I'll have to make up for it here.

The code inputting will suck though.

Neiteio

Can someone explain the differences of the two? I want to determine which one to play first. Like, i'd like to play the easier one first.
Go with Seasons. It's the easier, more action-oriented one. Then you can go to Ages, which is more challenging and puzzle-based.

Velcro Fly

Wait I can play them both unlinked, and then play them both linked right. Two games but I can have some slightly different stuff if I end up playing them both linked right.

Pretty much everything except most items really. Rather than being "Zelda Red and Blue version", they're two different games that can be connected. Most people find Season easier for the most part.

Neiteio

Wait I can play them both unlinked, and then play them both linked right. Two games but I can have some slightly different stuff if I end up playing them both linked right.
Play one, beat it, and it will give you a password. Then input the password when you start the other game. It will change up some of your character interactions and ultimately lead you to an epilogue sequence with the true final boss when you beat the second game.

Soul Beat

I was hoping for a midnight release. Guess there's nothing to do but go to sleep then.

On an unrelated note, does the Wii U eShop update at 12:00pm EST as well?

dc89

Woke up all excited to grab these. Gonna check the UK shop in vain hope, ignoring everything you've all said.

Edit: Ohhhhh :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Aww, I want to go buy'em, but they're not available till 9am (presumably Pacific timezone?). Bummer.

People generally recommend playing Seasons first, right? Because Ages is better? I'm excited to play through these and talk about it!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want to buy Oracle of Ages (the only other Zelda I haven't played on GBC).

Just wondering, how much will Ace Attorney 5 be on the eShop? I need to calculate if I can afford to get both Oracle games or just one.

dc89

Ah well, at least I can come home from work and play them. I'll grab an e-Shop card whilst I'm out, so it's not all bad.

vall03

Disappointed that its not up yet. But with my experience with EOIV and SH, Im used to non-midnight releases.

I also decided to check my Gameboy Color and its still working along with my Oracle of Ages save! Cmon eShop, update already! I want to play Seasons!

WDbCMfI.jpg
tE9MTX8.jpg

Kinda bad shots though because of the lighting on the Gameboy.

Frodo

This is going to be great. I've got £10 in credit thanks to the Nintendo Network Premium, and now I know how to spend them... :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda bad shots though because of the lighting on the Gameboy.
Naw, it looks awesome. I have a lime green GBC, but I always play my GB games on my GBA SP. I replayed Link's Awakening on it earlier this year. I can't stand to go back to the non-lit screens for more than a few minutes, hah.

kami_sama

I already have one copy of Oracle of Seasons, but I'm buying both when I get home.

Never played the other one, and I don't remember almost nothing from the one I played.

How do the games look on the 3ds screen?

Maximus.

UGH so disappointed with the lack of a midnight launch! Ive been wanting these games on the VC since forever!!!!!!

Macka

Man, the eShop is a mess. I had to search for 'Zelda' to even find these games, they were nowhere on the front page.

EDIT: Nevermind me, I thought they had already been released. It's the 30th dammit!

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
Can anybody give any concrete examples of Seasons being 'action based' and Ages being 'puzzle based'? I played them each shortly after release but cant remember them being all that different gameplay-wise. They were just two distinct (excellent) Zelda games that linked together.

It seems to me like those distinctions were just marketing taglines that stuck.

Mael

Can anybody give any concrete examples of Seasons being 'action based' and Ages being 'puzzle based'? I played them each shortly after release but cant remember them being all that different gameplay-wise. They were just two distinct (excellent) Zelda games that linked together.

It seems to me like those distinctions were just marketing taglines that stuck.

No really they are, Seasons is making tons of callback to earlier Zelda (some bosses are even exact replicas from Zelda 1) while Ages have way more puzzles that aren't just "kill them all to drop a key".
It's night and day really.

Amalthea

Banned
Back when they originally got released that must've been the most wonderful gaming moment ever. Not one brilliant new Zelda game released but two on the same day.

It felt so good.

I remember checking out the official website before they were released thinking "dam, I wish I had a gameboy right now", and now this time I sort of do.

Top Bottom