• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

By the way, did anyone post the password generator yet?
If that is the password generator from back around the games original release...the passwords will not work on the European version due to being able to use an extended character set on the hero's name it changed the encoding of the passwords.

I found out as I wanted to start with a password save and play both at once (back in the day when the European version came out after the pointless delay). By European version I mean first boot up gives the FIGS options and this can be re-accessed on the file select.

Thank god 3DS VC has save states, because these games violated me HARD last time I played them. Dat Goron dancing... *shudders*
I thought the same when replaying Ages but then I aced it first try...hopefully years of rhythm games have made this part easier for you too.

I can't wait, I played both of the Oracles games a long time ago and even though I enjoyed them a lot they are the only Zelda games I never finished (aside from the CD-i ones of course).

This has probably been asked a bunch of times already in this thread but wich one should I play first ?

Krelian91

So, which one do I play first? Are the supposed to be played in tandem with one another?

There is no difference, but according to the official cronology the order is Seasons > Ages, so I would recommend that.

Are they out in the eShop yet? I checked before but I found nothing.

So, which one do I play first? Are the supposed to be played in tandem with one another?

Whatever you do, beat one first, then start the other. Most people in this thread recommend to start with Seasons, but it doesn't really matter. Ages has the harder puzzles, while Seasons puts more emphasis on action and combat.

hwy_61

Banned
There is no difference, but according to the official cronology the order is Seasons > Ages, so I would recommend that.

Are they out in the eShop yet? I checked before but I found nothing.

Lol, I have the fucking Dark Horse book right next to me, I could've just looked in there!

Thanks, duder.

FWIW when I looked on the eshop, it mentioned that both games would be available at 9 am. Of course, whose 9 am they are referring to is anyone's guess.

vall03

Minor raaaage.... Nintendo needs to learn to put the timezone. Not too surprising though, bastards living in Washington state and their superior time zone.

Its even more annoying outside of the US. Just 2+ hours left, and its going to be 31 already in my timezone :(

Forkball

If you've never played them, both are definitely worth picking up. The season changing in Zelda is one of my favorite gimmicks in the series and I was impressed how they pretty much remade every part of the map four times to fit this feature.

Heropon

I don't know which one to start first, maybe Seasons because I played it last the first time? Decisions, decisions...

MAX PAYMENT

I just started playing Link's Awakening. It's an awesome game. Unfortunately I've come across a couple parts that I would've never figured out without the use of a guide.

Does either Seasons or Ages have bizarrely specific and ambiguous quests that halt game progress like Link's Awakening?

Heropon

I just started playing Link's Awakening. It's an awesome game. Unfortunately I've come across a couple parts that I would've never figured out without the use of a guide.

Does either Seasons or Ages have bizarrely specific and ambiguous quests that halt game progress like Link's Awakening?

There's a strange puzzle in the last dungeon of Seasons, but they don't have guide dang it moments. At least I could beat them when I was 10 without a guide.

Top Bottom