• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Yeah it's pretty funny, the Scorchers has never lost a semi while the Stars have never won one and both teams have made the semi every time!

A lot of the blame should be laid of the feet of the list manager for the Stars. An idiot would have realised that Maxwell and Faulkner would be unavailable to to Australia commitments and they replaced them with bowlers. Hastings is barely a bowling allrounder, more a hit and giggle merchant, and McKay, lol nope.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hastings has done really well all season. Wouldn't blame him at all.

I think Cameron's lost of form is the main thing. He has been shocking for most of this season.

elfinke

If anyone is interested the (excellent) Don Bradman Cricket is out on Xbox One and PS4 on 12th or 13th of February depending on your region, great timing for the world cup.

I posted it in the OP for the game rather than do a new thread as I'm not sure how popular a cricket game thread would be really, perhaps i'll do a new thread tomorrow, sorry if its off-topic I thought it would be relevant in here though.

Nice! I wish it'd get a price cut on Steam, however minor. Perhaps one will eventuate for the WC.

bomma_man

Anyone think that the Scorchers' mascot looks like a Digimon?

LYL0w6A.jpg

It's like a low rent furry convention...

It's a wild old pitch at the WACA today. First Dhoni gets badged by one just short of a good length followed 3 balls later by one bouncing in almost the same location barely got a foot in the air. Now the spinners are getting them to rear up viciously.

Antiwhippy

Not a bad effort to get here after being 4/60.

Great innings by maxwell too. Actually played sensibly for 40 runs but then he just can't help going for it.

He frustrates the hell out of me sometimes but that's only because I can see so much ability and potential in him.

Zapages

Is anyone here mad that ESPN has decided to charge 100 dollars for the world cup… The games are already at midnight or way in the morning. :\

They announced it to be free a few years ago when they got the contract and now they have decided to charge for it. :|

I think in the future FIFA world cup or any other sport will be a paid thing. :|

Antiwhippy

Well done to jason holder. Fantastic young talent. The West Indies have enough of those young talents in their team that gives you hope that they will return one day.

Also congrats to jimmy anderson.

Jezbollah

Well done to jason holder. Fantastic young talent. The West Indies have enough of those young talents in their team that gives you hope that they will return one day.

Also congrats to jimmy anderson.

Good job by the WI. England just dont have a very good bowling attack right now.

I dread the thought of Anderson not being there..

On a pitch which offered nothing to the bowlers, Pakistan managed to drop five catches in the first two sessions of the game. I don't know why I bother watching

Fortunately everyone is distracted by Pietersen/test cricket/Mickey Mouse cricket so people will forget in a day or two and he can get on with playing cricket.

Top Bottom