• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

I thought Maddinson would get found out VERY quickly. Get anyone else in, pls, such a shit Mark Waugh NSW pick.

This is how the NSW Australian media report Mad dogshit's innings
Nic Maddinson joined the realm of Test cricket in some of the worst batting conditions imaginable. It was cold, there was a new ball and a fired-up young gun was spearing a pink ball in at over 140km/h under lights. Maddinson survived the early onslaught with stoic defence, but nothing could stop a perfectly-executed yorker delivered by Kagiso Rabada. Rabada’s delivery skittled Maddinson and took his middle stump clearly out of the ground, and boy did he want the debutant to hear about it.
He literally played and missed 3/4 of the balls he faced. The report also gives the impression Khawaja was playing under completely different conditions.

I'm starting to believe Mitchell Marsh has legitimate grounds to feel aggrieved.

Rezbit

Won't be long til he gets told to tone it down methinks. There's a difference between a bit of banter from the wicki (which I don't think anyone really minds) and just talking absolute shit constantly through the whole innings.

Won't be long til he gets told to tone it down methinks. There's a difference between a bit of banter from the wicki (which I don't think anyone really minds) and just talking absolute shit constantly through the whole innings.
How pathetic was he when tried to blame Renshaw for the drop where it was clearly his catch?

Between him, Crescent Moon Head, Tosh, SPIT and #ilovemyOLED, I've never seen a bigger bunch of deplorables wearing the Baggy Green.

bomma_man

How pathetic was he when tried to blame Renshaw for the drop where it was clearly his catch?

Between him, Crescent Moon Head, Tosh, SPIT and #ilovemyOLED, I've never seen a bigger bunch of deplorables wearing the Baggy Green.

I know the last one but otherwise your nicknames are getting way too esoteric

I know the last one but otherwise your nicknames are getting way too esoteric

Crescent Moon Head = Starc
Tosh= Hazelwood
SPIT = Smith

hth

Renshaw playing for a draw?

Also Nevill hit a massive ton today, Henriques also tonned up. Mark Waugh will be excited.
Henriques last six innings for Australia of 5,0,0,2,4,4 and 2/168 with the ball redeemed!

It seems like every former Australian player wants the Angry Ant out of the team.
https://twitter.com/scgmacgill/status/802402722716602368?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Is your name Irfan?
what are you on about?

The selections for this test have been awful, Faulkner should be in for Marsh and Khawaja needs to be slotted in somewhere after his magnificent test performance

But lo and behold because of Smith this team will be praised and utterly unready the next time the cap'n doesn't completely bail them out

Steve Smith what a knock.

Smith has the ugliest technique in world cricket. Watching him bat is the visual equivalent to listening to the Angry Ant wicket-keeping.

The selections for this test have been awful, Faulkner should be in for Marsh and Khawaja needs to be slotted in somewhere after his magnificent test performance

But lo and behold because of Smith this team will be praised and utterly unready the next time the cap'n doesn't completely bail them out

Fatinch has average ~20 in the last 10 innings. I think he's the most likely to get the chop of Khawaja.

hamchan

Smith has the ugliest technique in world cricket. Watching him bat is the visual equivalent to listening to the Angry Ant wicket-keeping.

Nope. Watching him bat is great because he's such a weirdo and unique with his batting technique. That he can be one of the best batsmen in the world with it is great too.

oipic

Nope. Watching him bat is great because he's such a weirdo and unique with his batting technique. That he can be one of the best batsmen in the world with it is great too.

Agreed. As someone who has done a bit of coaching of juniors, Smith's technique is equal parts baffling and remarkable - how was that bat lift, the playing across the line, the... everything, not coached out of him long ago? That he has persisted with his unique style, stuck to his instincts, and made it work to this degree, is one of those esoteric and quirky things that makes cricket so wonderful.

Smith can catch, too. Golly.

Cricket would be boring if everyone batted the same way. While the likes of MWaugh and Gower would be preffered visually, there is a certain beauty in Smith's rubbery wrists, Chanderpaul playing french cricket and Bailey showing his arse to the bowler.

Hazelwood showing he's the real class of the bowling attack. Zampa while going for some is at least varying his pace unlike Gary.

I don't know man that's a tough one. Kohli I think is slightly above Smith reason being that Kohli can bat even when the ball is turning. Australian players struggle with pitches that favor spin. Same with English players. I actually think Joe Root is closer to Kohli than Smith. But Smith is a better bowler than Kohli that's for sure.

FxlhuB9.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When things goes south always trust in a victorian.

Only a victorian this time though.

The other you can take it or leave it.

bomma_man

Wade and Madinson were mark waugh as fuck picks

Edit: nice by hands for combs. I think his temperament is more important than any ostensible technique deficiencies.

Top Bottom