• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

legend166

Phillip Hughes is my hero.

But is there another batsman in the world that would make supporters so nervous? He gives me too many heart attacks :(

Edit: DAMMIT

Grug

legend166 said:
Phillip Hughes is my hero.

But is there another batsman in the world that would make supporters so nervous? He gives me too many heart attacks :(

He's gone.

Flintoff wins the battle.

Grug

6igmk6.jpg

legend166

Katich playing some nice shots now.

I managed to get SBS reception in my bedroom, so I can watch whilst it bed now. It's a little fuzzy, but I can make it out.

Rezbit

legend166 said:
barmy army super fred barmy army super fred

That can get stuck in my head for DAYS

:lol Reminds me of the 06 Ashes; me and a group of mates went to the pub and got maggot and started singing the Barmy Army songs...we were popular that night!

legend166

Haha, Johnny Howard.

If I was in his position, I'd be doing the exact same thing. Have a look at the Test Tour schedule and just follow them round the world.

Man, what a life.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
legend166 said:
Haha, Johnny Howard.

If I was in his position, I'd be doing the exact same thing. Have a look at the Test Tour schedule and just follow them round the world.

Man, what a life.

Should get him out there to bowl some of his "wrongins"

Grug

legend166 said:
haha.

They should get him up in the com box. He's always quality on ABC Radio.

Yeah, got to give him credit for that. The dude loves (and can talk) cricket.

Rudd in the commentary box in the boxing day test this year was painful. You could tell that his media advisor had given him a little list of points to mention.

Grug

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Dunno if thats the dude with the heavy accent, feel like im going to be cursed with some sort of Voodoo when im listening to him on commentary.

Nah thats Ian Holding.

Nasser is the whinging pom with a nose like Lois Griffin. One of the most average cricketers to ever have the honour of captaining a test side.

The look on his face after Flintoff dropped the ball was hilarious. He turned a colour you could only describe as vibrant puce.

Rezbit

Nasser is the poncy sounding guy at the moment. The other guy David Lloyd speaks like he's got a real problem. "He's real-eh swinguh inguh the bawl"

legend166

Grug said:
Nah thats Ian Holding.

Nasser is the whinging pom with a nose like Lois Griffin. One of the most average cricketers to ever have the honour of captaining a test side.

The look on his face after Flintoff dropped the ball was hilarious. He turned a colour you could only describe as vibrant puce.

Ian Holding?

What's this blasphemy? Mikey will hunt you down.

Grug

legend166 said:
Does everyone forget Flintoff captaining his side to a 0-5 defeat?

All this talk of him 'rising' for the Ashes.

Like Brendon Julian said yesterday. With the way the English media was talking in the leadup to the match, you could have sworn the 06/07 series never happened, and that England still held the title.

legend166

The Lloyd pronounciation of 'swinger' is my brother and I's favourite thing ever.

It's because it sounds like the way Moe says 'stinger' in the episode of The Simpsons where Homer becomes a boxer.

Anyway, I love all the twos they're taking on Monty's arm.

Grug

legend166 said:
The Lloyd pronounciation of 'swinger' is my brother and I's favourite thing ever.

It's because it sounds like the way Moe says 'stinger' in the episode of The Simpsons where Homer becomes a boxer.

Anyway, I love all the twos they're taking on Monty's arm.

Lloyd's voice is a pleasure to listen too. Could listen to him all day.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
The 100 up. Really good start. Hopefully Ponting and the Kat can kick on.

I'm off to bed though now.

If it starts falling apart now... your fault lol..
captains knock on it's way.... hopefully

artist

Banned
Ponting playing as if he's still in '03. Folks who called yesterday a "tie" are a joke, even with the 400+ total, Australia is in the driving seat.

Grug

Katich notches up his 50 just before tea.

Flintoff had us considerably rattled but no one else seemed to really threaten.

England will be conscious of not overbowling Freddie though, they need him for the whole series.

This game looks inevitably headed to a draw with the final two days predicted to be hit by heavy rain.

Probably a draw on the cards, especially with the weather, but there is a slight glimmer for Australia if they continue with this sort of progress. England's spinners appear to be falling short of their potential for mayhem. Katich and Ponting look exceedingly confident out there. And only Flintoff has presented a threat. I don't rate England's chances beyond this match, really.

As for Ponting in particular, I haven't seen him bat this well since Christmas. Passing 11000 Test runs: that just re-affirms his status as a modern great. A century on the way?

Rezbit

:lol Yeah I am, but I'm in WA so I've got a couple of extra hours to play with! Loving it starting at 5:30.

Enjoying this actually. Who said test cricket is dead!

Also, damn I want some Johnnie Walker after seeing that ad.

Dead Man

Yeah, no work at the moment, so I get to watch all the late night sport! I have never really listened to Nasser before, but he is starting to give me the shits. Add my 2c that it will end in a draw, unless there is some dramatic collapse by Australia.

Top Bottom