• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm away crying because the Highlanders were beaten in yet another match. Black Caps were never going to win any tests, we're just really, really shit at the long form of the game.

Was at the game today, so boring for most of it. Decent crowd, love the Basin but the atmosphere was just dead 3/4 of the day because of how slow everything was going/NZ not doing a whole lot. ;(

Got a free book though about the 50 test match history at the ground which is very cool.

artist

Banned
Mongoose-Range-768428.jpg

:D

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
wasn't there some stipulation that the handle of the mongoose couldnt be any longer than the blade of the bat
Doesnt look longer than the blade to me .. but its pretty close.

NZ fold and have followed on.

Great shot this;

115341.jpg

tri_willy

symo somehow turned it around by catching the ball from karthik's shot. guess catches win matches.

crazy wind going on between the kiwis and the aussies. a little more extra luck & the kiwis may steal a draw

Kryten

We've gotten two wickets but I'm worried we won't have the firepower to topple Australia easily - a lead of 300 would be too much for the Kiwi's I think :(

tri_willy

well done katich. get to post here early coz systematic problems fucked up workplace so i get to go home early n follow the cricket :D

Kryten

If ever there was a time for Skippy to prove that he has a place in the New Zealand team, now's that time. 2 down at tea on the 4th day though, I'm not hopeful :(

artist

Banned
What a match today .. absolutely thrilling to watch. 'Rhino' almost made a mess of it after his first ball wicket. Uthappa has been the 'destroyer' of the season so far.

artist

Banned
So its Chennai v Deccan & Mumbai v Bangalore. Rooting for Deccan, go, go, go! Hopefully we'll see Gilly fire in the last two to take the cup again.

artist

Banned
Bangalore had the best side no doubt, Deccan were too thin I believe. Their game centered around few main players .. Symonds, Rohit, Suman. Wish Gilchrist would have fired in a game or two. :(

Kallis' T20 game in painful to watch

Igo

Great final. Hardly ever watch cricket but that was highly entertaining. Shame Mumbai really fucked their batting order.

Kryten

Wow, hell of a start from the Black Caps - I was thinking we were done for sure but Nathan pulled it out of the bag. Well done lads!

Zapages

Nice hard fought win by Pakistan!!! Bangladesh did give us a huge worry with Arsharful though. Bangladesh is no mino-team for sure. They can definitely give any team a run for the money. Great game everyone. :)

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Zapages said:
Afghanistan did well today against India... Its good to see them play well for their first T20. :)

I think the Cricket is one of the only sports the Taliban allow to be played...... i could see them trying to get a foot hold in India and Pakistan.

"Wait, if we join we cant play Cricket?. Fuck that."

artist

Banned
India won easily against SA today - thanks largely to Raina's century.

Australia v Pak going on now, the whiny bitch's middle stump is gone. 65/2 after 8.3 overs. Still a nice start.

Zapages

Mohammad Ammar to the rescue for the last over... 5 wrickets in 6 balls and a maiden... Still Pakistan got destroyed with 191 runs. Sami you idiot for causing 50 runs in 4 overs. :(

artist

Banned
Comedy of the most epic proportions in the history of cricket in all three formats; maiden 5 wicket over in a T20 game. And that too when 191 runs were plundered at 10 plus an over earlier .. :lol :lol :lol It shouldnt matter much (I dont believe Pakistan can get anywhere close) but still.

artist

Banned
Australia win comfortably in the end. Though when Afridi & Misbah started the attack, they werent too comfortable.

The comic over will however be a memory :lol I see it hard almost impossible to top it, 6 wickets in 6 balls?

Zapages

Australia in trouble 58-5 in 11 overs... I hope Pakistan is still is able to make into the super 8s.

Its 65 for 6 now... Yikes..

artist

Banned
If there was an meek surrender, this match is one prime example. Playing spinners on a small ground didnt make sense, in fact a lot of Dhoni's decisions lately are not making sense at all.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
why is tendulkar not playing?
Personal choice.

Rohit Sharma, the lone saving grace for India, I thought India would fold under 80 odd and lose with over 100 runs. Last 4 overs not going for many runs and tail wagging (mainly Rohit) to take India to 130+. So some damage controlled (to an extent), still the NRR is shit. :lol

Top Bottom