• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Papa

Banned
LabouredSubterfuge said:
I'd take Swann with the old ball for now. This is going to be very tight.

Edit: Stuart Broad's out of the tour. Who's to take his place?

What happened? I woke up late.

artist

Banned
The Friendly Monster said:
He offered no shot so that doesn't matter.
Yeah, thats a dead give away. Besides I think the decision to be given out needs 3 out of 4 'reds' which this had ..

Papa

Banned
He offered no shot so that doesn't matter.

Yeah, but remember the Hilfenhaus review against Strauss in the second innings of the first test? No shot, missing, not out.

irfan said:
Yeah, thats a dead give away. Besides I think the decision to be given out needs 3 out of 4 'reds' which this had ..
No no no.

If you aren't offering a shot then it doesn't matter if the ball hits the pad outside off stump.

Stops players just kicking the ball away where it pitches.

matt404au said:
Yeah, but remember the Hilfenhaus review against Strauss in the second innings of the first test? No shot, missing, not out.
Didn't see that one, if it was missing the stumps then it's not out though obviously.

JEEZ! Bails didn't move.

Papa

Banned
Didn't see that one, if it was missing the stumps then it's not out though obviously.

JEEZ! Bails didn't move.

Yes, but my point is they're offering leniency to the bowler when the batsman doesn't play a shot in Harris' case but not in Strauss'.

matt404au said:
Yes, but my point is they're offering leniency to the bowler when the batsman doesn't play a shot in Harris' case but not in Strauss'.
It's not leniency, it's a rule of the game.

I'm not sure what happened in the Strauss case but if the ball was on target and Strauss padded it with the bat miles away then it would've been given out.

legend166

Well played to England. Have clearly outplayed us since they arrived.

Hopefully the selectors make the necessary changes for the rest of the series.

Try not to be too obnoxious in victory, Salazar ;)

legend166 said:

Sorry dude, but I think the caps lock is on permanently for Salazar from here on out. Shit's about to get angular.

legend166 said:

Johnson back in?
Shane Warne replacing Doherty?

Salazar

ADIOS ADIOS ADIOS AUSTRALIA.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I would say that you played well, folks, but that would be an unworthy pretence, the shallowest of courtesies. Australia were rubbish, a spilled bin of inept cricket, and England were soaringly, titanically marvellous.

Sack Ponting.

m3k

lol im happy for the english, they won that properly

cant remember too often when australia has lost by an innings

edit: i was just thinking if you sack ponting id feel a bit more sympathy for australia

they could make katich captain... he tried to choke clarke once, has to count for something

i kid i kid

Top Bottom