• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Ashes

Banned
Australia thundering to 50. Expecting too much if you think that they are just going to roll over and die. It's going to be a good match.

matt404au said:
God, Broad is so awful. How does he have a place in such a strong English lineup?

And yet he's better than the entire Australian attack. I'd say he's there primarily because you need relatively experienced seamers to bowl with the new ball. Also, he can bat and so he kind of fits into Flintoff's place in the side.

guidop

345triangle said:
i had no idea that the england cricket board technically encompasses wales until tonight.

i was with my welsh friend and was like "presumably you don't give a fuck about us dicking over australia" and he put me straight.

good to know! cricket is the best sport in the world when england are doing okay.

Have you had any similar conversations with any South African mates?

edbrat said:
unless the pitch deteriorates I think the Aussies could get away with this.

You're forgetting that we only really need to get 6 wickets. Australia's tail is in a worse state than Kerry Katona's flange.

guidop said:

Strauss/Pietersen joke?

Salazar

guidop said:

Best thing I've read recently is on Kevin Pietersen's Wikipedia page.

This first spell away from home did not leave him with fond memories for England, in particular "those horrible Black Country accents"

:lol :lol

master15

In years gone by I would back our batting line up to hold the fort. This time around I am not sure.

It's going to take an innings of epic proportions with a lot of assistance for us not to get demolished here.

Empty

great stuff from swanny after the break. very happy to see ponting nabbed, as that guy can really step up and hit a big innings when the team needs it.

Papa

Banned
Bungieware said:
And yet he's better than the entire Australian attack. I'd say he's there primarily because you need relatively experienced seamers to bowl with the new ball. Also, he can bat and so he kind of fits into Flintoff's place in the side.

Seriously? I'd like to see Broad bowl to the English batsmen. He would get slaughtered. Saying that Broad is better than Bollinger or Harris is just silly. The current Australian attack is not good, I agree, but bowling to such a strong English batting lineup is making them seem worse than they actually are.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Forecast for Tuesday
Cloudy with a shower or two during the morning increasing to showers and the
chance of a thunderstorm during the afternoon. Warm with light to moderate
northeast to northerly winds and a light to moderate southwest afternoon sea
breeze.

C'mon you bastard!

Empty

hope the weather holds up today.

we can take the new ball at the end of pietersen's over, but i'd prefer to wait it out and let swanny continue to spin the older one till that strategy stops working given his form and the way the pitch is working. just need a couple of wickets and we expose the tail but hussey and haddin both look very strong and north is capable when under pressure. should be interesting, though i think we're still good favourites so long as the weather stays favourable.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Empty said:
hope the weather holds up today.

we can take the new ball at the end of pietersen's over, but i'd prefer to wait it out and let swanny continue to spin the older one till that strategy stops working given his form and the way the pitch is working. just need a couple of wickets and we expose the tail but hussey and haddin both look very strong and north is capable when under pressure. should be interesting, though i think we're still good favourites so long as the weather stays favourable.

Sydney Morning Herald reports clear skies over Adelaide and suggests we should be OK for the first two sessions with rain moving in perhaps about teatime.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...gn-for-australian-batsmen-20101207-18n7b.html

Top Bottom