• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

LiveWire

Seriously, these PS3 controllers are fucking ludicrous. Every other time I get a freeze or other glitch. WTF is going on? I'm sorry CB but everytime I get a 4th down it starts to slow down and I'm lucky if I get the punt off. Goddamn EA! I'm tempted to abandon this league too if this is what I can expect from this game. :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

Cause I had no clue you sent me two messages.My system is on,but I'm at my computer.Hell if you still want to play I can,if not,thats cool.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

Cause I had no clue you sent me two messages.My system is on,but I'm at my computer.Hell if you still want to play I can,if not,thats cool.

No I'm out. But SEE..... I try......

have ever heard of this amazing program they call "AIM"? It's so cool. You should try it. :D

inmate.

Fifty

LiveWire said:
Seriously, these PS3 controllers are fucking ludicrous. Every other time I get a freeze or other glitch. WTF is going on? I'm sorry CB but everytime I get a 4th down it starts to slow down and I'm lucky if I get the punt off. Goddamn EA! I'm tempted to abandon this league too if this is what I can expect from this game. :/

:lol :lol I wish I could offer a solution. All I can do is laugh, at perhaps the most bipolar 48 hours we've had in league history. This game is either going in the garbage, or on the sports goty list. Unlike the gameplay, I can't defend freezing. Sorry.

P.S: PSN messaging is such crap. On Live, you press the button in the middle and the entire message pops up, on PSN you can't do that. You have to go through a bunch of menus awkwardly just to find the content of the message and reply.

I try to fit all of my message into the title so that people don't need to open it.

LiveWire

Fifty said:
:lol :lol I wish I could offer a solution. All I can do is laugh, at perhaps the most bipolar 48 hours we've had in league history. This game is either going in the garbage, or on the sports goty list. Unlike the gameplay, I can't defend freezing. Sorry.

P.S: PSN messaging is such crap. On Live, you press the button in the middle and the entire message pops up, on PSN you can't do that. You have to go through a bunch of menus awkwardly just to find the content of the message and reply.

I try to fit all of my message into the title so that people don't need to open it.

No seriously, if CB wants to take the win he can, he was up 29-0 in the 1st half. I'm just so sick of these fucking freezes every goddamn game. I'm so fucking pissed right now.Fuck EA. I'm not buying Madden next year. I enjoy playing this with y'all, but I can't put up with these gltiches.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
No seriously, if CB wants to take the win he can, he was up 29-0 in the 1st half. I'm just so sick of these fucking freezes every goddamn game. I'm so fucking pissed right now.Fuck EA. I'm not buying Madden next year. I enjoy playing this with y'all, but I can't put up with these gltiches.

i just combined stats for both games so there is a complete game in the records. If you wanna try again at some point thats fine. if you dont thats ok as well.

Shifting subjects now:

The last day or two seems to cap off what i see as a lingering problem in not only this league, but most other leagues going on in GAF as well. I feel as someone who has been in GAF leagues for a long time, play in many of them, and have a little bit of input on how they run, that i need to address a few things that are going on.

Its getting pretty ridiculous folks. I dont even know where to start...

The whole situation with True is just stupid from every angle. Id like to begin saying that i tend to agree with what CK has to say on the issue. Plain and simple Truelize quit. Thats mistake #1. He should have decided that this game/league was not for him before it started. He didnt and it puts us in a tough situation. I feel he should have stuck with it in the first place considering the work FMT and others put into the league. not to mention the money FMT puts up to run it in the first place. I understand that quitting like he has should be met with a little bit of grief and some playful ribbing like most of us gave us. But i think we have to respect his choice to quit...

BUT instead of that happening we have people like MWS(Who i personally had no problems with. Not to mention he wiped the floor with me in our game) completely ethering him on aim. And what i felt was even worse were a few people who felt the need to kinda feed the fire. (whether they intended to or not). Its unnecessary and usually only leads to bad things. IF you guys do choose to speak your opinion, cant we keep it on AIM or PM? You guys guilted True back into playing a game we doesnt like because he doesnt want to let a few respectful people in the league down. Thats bullshit on a few of your guys' part. I respect True for now finishing out the year but he shouldnt HAVE to. Peer Pressures a bitch i guess....

Which kinda leads to the next thing. Im all for a little drama here and there but this shits getting way out of hand. No offense to anyone here, and im definitely not speaking about any one person since it seems to be a pretty decent problem lately, but alot of you guys are acting like a bunch of little kids. Arguing, Bitching, Whining about the most insignificant things. Like i said earlier, alot of you seem to almost blow on the flames and rile shit up on purpose just for the sake of arguing. I know myself and many others go out of the way to prevent things like this from happening. It feels almost undermining. I applaud Somnia for not really getting into it with Denogg over the scheduling issues. I feel more of you need to go that route.

Honestly, FMT is far more lenient than he should or have to be. Especially considering the amount of effort he puts into this to try and make it an awesome experience for all of us. All of this stupid drama/arguing/quitting is bullshit to him and others. It almost turns the league into a soap opera, and ill keep that in mind when the next season starts. I love playing with all you guys but all this stupid shit is enough to make me not even wanna bother going for another run at it.

The whole thing just reeks of disrespect towards the people who just want to play.

You guys dont need to be friends or even like everyone, but at the very least, i feel some of you need to have a greater respect toward not only your opponent, but their respective situations, schedule issues, ect. Everyone here has the work thing, the school thing, the girlfriend thing. Madden doesnt come first. thats something we need to understand and improve on. Myself included

What amazes me the most i think, is that im 99% sure I am the youngest out of this whole group. 19, which is relatively compared to alot of you. I would expect things like this to come from a group my age or younger, not a group of Young adults/Adults like yourselves.

It amazes me to see some of you act like little babies instead... :lol

Rorschach

Like I said in my post, True doesn't have to play anymore if he doesn't want to. The last thing I would want to do is force someone play. That forces a bad situation on him as well as the people on his schedule. If he quit, then he quit. That's it. Damage done. We've already been scheduling replacement games. He's not the first and he won't be the last. The league goes on, whatever.

Wow. Didn't you run up the score? Do you have a consistent history or being pretty damn "unsportsmanlike"?
Yeah I quit midgame when you had 48 points with Kobe and were up by over 35 and were making sure you only scored with him so you could pad your scoring average stats. You even said at the start of the game that you were going for 70 with him. Not really the model citizen you make yourself sound like.
Big words do not equal innocence.

You baffle me. Loyalties? Tenure?

I admit I screwed up. I apologized. For real. I even agreed that MWS had a reason to be upset/frustrated. But attacked and belittled because I don't feel that spending my time playing THIS video game is enjoyable? I said I thought it went too far. I mean how many people would have freaked out and got all defensive?
I didn't even post that to make fun of MWS at all. I posted it because I had no clue anyone could ever get that upset at anyone for quitting a video game league.

I don't think I've said a bad thing about him yet. Have I?

That's all well and good but you still seem to be missing the point. It's not about a video game it's about TIME. Time and effort that I set apart in the day to get these games in. Time that was lost due to having to hunt people down to get games in or no shows or others not answering PM, message board posts or throwing up away messages when you IM them. I'm not upset you quit or didn't quit, I honestly don't care. I care that you wasted my TIME in the process. I work 50+ hrs a week, have a girlfriend and responsibilities just like you and many others. Your time isn't anymore valuable than mine is; in the future I wish others would respect that and be more considerate.

-Nas Jr.

DCX

DCX
Ok, this shit is done, lets move on to the next. Lets get this week done so i can try to win two in a row. :D

DCX

Slo

Mrbob said:
No doubt...the drama is getting a little thick in this thread even by my standards. :lol

Yeah, a busy man like you has better things to do!

[11:12] mrbob2k1: time for peggle nights
[11:12] mrbob2k1: 9.99 on steam
[11:12] mrbob2k1: buy it!
[11:27] mrbob2k1: sweet
[11:27] mrbob2k1: the unicorn wants to be a crime fighter by night in his dreams
[11:27] mrbob2k1: batman!
[11:28] NateCantDance: ?
[11:29] mrbob2k1: peggle nights
[11:29] mrbob2k1: its aobut the creatures dreams
[11:29] mrbob2k1: you get a look at them
[11:29] NateCantDance: wow that sounds awesome
[11:29] NateCantDance: I've always wondered what went on inside the head of a pachinko unicorn
[11:29] NateCantDance: :|
[11:30] mrbob2k1: hahaha
[11:40] mrbob2k1: the hamster wants to be a super scientist
[11:40] mrbob2k1: maybe he'll turn to evil
[11:40] mrbob2k1: and the crime fighting unicorn will have to take him down
[11:40] NateCantDance: holy shit
[11:40] NateCantDance: keep me updated
[11:40] NateCantDance: I'm heading to lunch
[11:41] NateCantDance: brb

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
MWS Natural said:
That's all well and good but you still seem to be missing the point. It's not about a video game it's about TIME. Time and effort that I set apart in the day to get these games in. Time that was lost due to having to hunt people down to get games in or no shows or others not answering PM, message board posts or throwing up away messages when you IM them. I'm not upset you quit or didn't quit, I honestly don't care. I care that you wasted my TIME in the process. I work 50+ hrs a week, have a girlfriend and responsibilities just like you and many others. Your time isn't anymore valuable than mine is; in the future I wish others would respect that and be more considerate.

-Nas Jr.

No I'm not missing the point. No one here talking about this subject is missing the point.

You need to learn what a freakin apology is and stop calling the whambulance. I have apologized in a public forum. Admitted my mistakes. Agreed with why you have a reason to be frustrated. Even came back to the league because there are a couple of people here I have respect for and figured I will play out my games to keep their friendship.
You sir are not one of those people.

So drop it already.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
finger.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they have done!

Truelize said:
Shawn: still friends that can air things out? Really? REAlly? REALLY?

Wow. Didn't you run up the score? Do you have a consistent history or being pretty damn "unsportsmanlike"?
Yeah I quit midgame when you had 48 points with Kobe and were up by over 35 and were making sure you only scored with him so you could pad your scoring average stats. You even said at the start of the game that you were going for 70 with him. Not really the model citizen you make yourself sound like.
Big words do not equal innocence.

You baffle me. Loyalties? Tenure?

True, we can go back and forth over this with me providing a perfectly viable counter perspective to the claims you've just made, but I wont for the sake of squashing this inconsequential scenario here.

In my view, me speaking out on this issue was not really out of line from our frank assessments we given each other in the past. Whether it is you ranting about sportsmanship towards me or ranting on about you being overly sensitive, we've agreed to disagree on issues in the past and we've moved on. I've made it abundantly clear that I felt there was a real lack of balance to the discussion and, in turn, I felt the need to speak up behalf of the new guy.

Regarding your ad hominem, I have nothing for you. I don't claim to be the most "model citizen" here. I have my drama here and there, but you'll never hear me complaining because I get blown out or that someone is chasing me around for weeks to play my games. I hang my hat on the fact that I am a highly competitive member of the league community here and that I am pretty reliable to pull my weight. In the process, I've made some great friendships and some great rivalries as well. As long as I can maintain that, I'll be a happy and engaged cog in this machine that FMT has built...

EDIT - I'm 100% done with this issue! Time to turn the page...

Truelize said:
No I'm not missing the point. No one here talking about this subject is missing the point.

You need to learn what a freakin apology is and stop calling the whambulance. I have apologized in a public forum. Admitted my mistakes. Agreed with why you have a reason to be frustrated. Even came back to the league because there are a couple of people here I have respect for and figured I will play out my games to keep their friendship.
You sir are not one of those people.

So drop it already.
Truelize said:
I had no clue anyone could ever get that upset at anyone for quitting a video game league.

Truelize said:
But if it's this big of a deal I'll play the 11 games and be done with Madden

Truelize said:
if leaving the league upsets them this much then

Your words say otherwise. Anyways, I'll unblock you on aim for scheduling purposes. Wednesday sounds good.

Fifty

Mrbob said:
So is True officially back with the vikings?

Me am confused total.

Look at their owner on League Daddy, if you're confused. We're pretty good at keeping that current. He is their owner. Read the thread if you want to re-hash all of the drama. I know I don't want to.

Somnia

Fifty said:
Look at their owner on League Daddy, if you're confused. We're pretty good at keeping that current. He is their owner. Read the thread if you want to re-hash all of the drama. I know I don't want to.

haha was a weird day for sure. Glad we are past all of it :D

The eighth roster update for Madden 09 is slated to release tomorrow. For those wondering whether the Cowboys would be seeing the drastic changes in this update the answer is only partially. The Roy Williams trade made it in and Mat McBriar went to IR. But no changes were made for Tony Romo or Pacman Jones. Another big name signing from this week that is included in the update is Shaun Alexander joining the Redskins.

Continue on to view the details of all the transactions, ratings changes, injuries, and contract extensions.

Transactions
FB Byron Storer – Released to Free Agents (IR)
FB Reagan Mauia – Released by Bengals
FB Jameel Cook – Signs with Bucs
TE Darnell Dinkins – Added to Browns
LB Napoleon Harris – Released by Chiefs
LB Rocky Boiman – Signs with Chiefs
CB Nick Graham – Signs with Colts/Released by Colts
DT LaJuan Ramsey – Released by Colts
HB Mike Hart – Released to Free Agents (IR)
HB Clifton Dawson – Signs with Colts
CB Keiwan Ratliff – Signs with Colts
HB Justin Forsett – Released by Colts
S Jamie Silva – Added to Colts
DT John McCargo – Trade to Colts (Voided – Failed Physical)
P Sam Paulescu – Signs with Cowboys
WR Roy Williams – Traded to Cowboys
S Tyrone Culver – Released by Dolphins
S Brannon Condren – Signs with Dolphins
HB Tony Hunt – Released by Eagles
LB Tracy White – Signs with Eagles
FB Zak Keasey – Released to Free Agents (IR)
FB David Kirtman – Signs with 49ers
T Todd Wade – Released to Free Agents
T Andrew Carnahan – Added to Jaguars (Practice Squad)
G Ben Claxton – Added to Lions (Practice Squad)
G Jon Dunn – Removed
LB Tracy White – Released by Packers
HB Kregg Lumpkin – Released to Free Agents (IR)
HB DeShawn Wynn – Added to Packers
LB Danny Lansanah – Signs with Packers
WR Ryne Robinson – Released to Free Agents (IR)
WR Kenneth Moore – Signs with Panthers
CB Ricky Manning – Released to Free Agents (IR)
CB Fakhir Brown – Signs with Rams
S Brannon Condren – Released by Rams
S Eric Bassey – Added to Rams (Practice Squad)
WR Derek Stanley – Added to Rams
S Justin Hamilton – Released Redskins
P Durant Brooks – Released by Redskins
P Ryan Plackemeier – Signs with Redskins
S Mike Green – Signs with Redskins
HB Shaun Alexander – Signs with Redskins
S Reed Doughty -– Released to Free Agents (IR
K Martin Gramatica – Released to Free Agents (IR)
K Taylor Mehlhaff – Signs with Saints
DE Josh Savage – Released by Saints
DE Jeff Charleston – Signs with Saints
WR Terrance Copper – Released by Saints
TE Sean Ryan – Added to Saints
WR Courtney Taylor – Released by Seahawks
WR Jordan Kent – Signs with Seahawks
WR Michael Bumpus – Released by Seahawks
HB Justin Forsett – Signs with Seahawks
T Kyle Williams – Added to Seahawks (Practice Squad)
FB Jeff Dugan – Released to Free Agents
LB Dontarrious Thomas – Signs with Vikings

Ratings Up
HB Matt Forte – Bears – 82 to 84 – In the top 2 for most impressive rookie running back.
QB Kyle Orton – Bears – 79 to 80 – I’m sure the Bears couldn’t even have even expected Orton to be as poised as he has been at QB.
LB Dhani Jones – Bengals – 81 to 82 – Your NFL leader in tackles after 6 weeks.
CB Leodis McKelvin – Bills – 79 to 80 – 1st corner selected in the draft also stars on special teams in the kick return game.
HB Michael Pittman – Broncos – 81 to 82 – Might not be another back that runs with as much urgency. Was impressive in a start last week vs. the Jags.
K Matt Prater – Broncos – 78 to 82 – This year has drilled 13-14 field goals. Before that he was 1-4 in his career.
LT Ryan Clady – Broncos – 81 to 82 - Committed his first holding penalty vs. Jacksonville, might be the most athletic offensive lineman in the league.
LB Nate Webster – Broncos – 79 to 80 – Was thumping Jags players last week. Starting MLB for the Broncos.
RT Ryan Harris – Broncos – 79 to 81 – Solid pass blocking RT for the Broncos.
HB Earnest Graham – Bucs – 84 to 85 – Averaging 5.6 YPC and lined up at fullback last week due to injuries.
LT Donald Penn – Bucs – 80 to 82 – Has excelled in taking over for Luke Petitgout in Tampa.
DT Gabe Watson – Cardinals – 80 to 82 – Run stuffing DT for the Cardinals.
LT Mike Gandy – Cardinals – 89 to 92 - Underrated left tackle who played a great game vs. DeMarcus Ware. Surrendered 1.5 sacks last season.
DE Bryan Robinson – Cardinals – 74 to 77 – In the rotation at DT and DE in the Cardinals hybrid 3-4 defense.
WR Steve Breaston – Cardinals – 78 to 82 – Showed he has the complete game at WR in the last few weeks picking up the slack for Boldin. Caught the ball better than expected in a crowd.
DE Antonio Smith – Cardinals – 83 to 84 – Not producing the gaudy numbers, but he is a handful at end.
LB Derrick Johnson – Chiefs – 93 to 94 – Starting to come into his own as a future elite NFL linebacker. Playing in KC won’t help, but he is all over the field.
DT Jay Ratliff – Cowboys – 85 to 87 – Trouble maker for offenses in the middle of the Dallas defense. Can line up all over the defensive line and create problems with pressure.
S Courtney Brown – Cowboys – 67 to 69 – Saw time on passing downs the past couple weeks due to injury.
DT Jason Ferguson – Dolphins – 84 to 85 – Offseason acquisition from Dallas has helped sure up the run defense in the middle.
LB Joey Porter – Dolphins – 88 to 89 – Only has 12 solo tackles, but 6.5 of them are sacks and countless other QB pressures.
T Vernon Carey – Dolphins – 87 to 88 – Neutralized Mario Williams every time he has matched up opposite him, extremely impressive showing vs. Houston.
DT Broderick Bunkley – Eagles – 84 to 85 – Beast of a man in the middle for Philly.
S Brian Dawkins – Eagles – 92 to 93 – Has returned to being all over the field at safety after whispers that he had gotten old.
HB Correll Buckhalter – Eagles – 82 to 83 – Showed again last week he is a more than capable running back when called upon.
S Quintin Mikell – Eagles – 85 to 86 – Leads the team in tackles with a pair of INT’s.
CB Brent Grimes – Falcons – 77 to 78 – Has emerged as Atlanta’s best corner after being called up off the practice squad end of last season.
DT Grady Jackson – Falcons – 80 to 82 – The Atlanta run defense was once a gaping hole up the middle, now the run defense is a somewhat respectable 20th.
LT Sam Baker – Falcons – 79 to 80 – Pass blocking left tackle who has the feet and head to be elite.
QB Matt Ryan – Falcons – 83 to 84 – Was extremely impressive firing the ball on a banged up Chicago secondary. Does not look like a rookie QB.
RT Tyson Clabo – Falcons – 78 to 80 – Has stepped in at RT and has neutralized opposing ends.
DE Justin Smith – 49ers – 89 to 90 – Never stops going and has been pressuring the QB quite often. Also has 32 tackles from the end position.
CB Corey Webster – Giants – 86 to 87 – While Aaron Ross was falling all over his self Webster was playing solid man coverage displaying great instincts.
HB Brandon Jacobs – Giants – 89 to 90 – Now 99 trucking with Barber. No back has as much power as Jacobs when he lowers his shoulder in a defender.
CB Rashean Mathis – Jaguars – 95 to 96 – Brandon Marshall had 9 for 98 vs. the Jags, but none of them were vs. Mathis - Mathis locked up Marshall .
S Brian Williams – Jaguars – 87 to 88 – Versatile safety for the Jags. Plays a lot of man coverage and is active in stopping the run.
DT Kris Jenkins – Jets – 93 to 94 – Jets currently sport the #3 rush defense in the NFL at 2.9 YPC. The reason is the middle being contained allowing the LB’s to make plays.
WR Laveranues Coles – Jets – 91 to 92 – Tied with Cotchery at 26 receptions. Leads the team with 328 yards.
WR Jerricho Cotchery – Jets – 90 to 91 – Leads the team with 4 receiving TD’s. Has developed into a very good WR.
CB Dwight Lowery – Jets – 77 to 79 – For my money the best rookie CB so far except for a few hiccups.
WR Randy Moss – Patriots – 98 to 99 – Sorry Randy. Proved over the last couple games that even if the QB can’t get him the ball and his effort is terrible he still can beat anyone deep. Beat the Charger defense deep at least 3 times and the QB couldn’t get him the ball.
DT Kedric Golston – Redskins – 80 to 84 – Has moved into the starting lineup on one of the better defenses in the NFL. #6 rush defense in the NFL.
CB Carlos Rogers – Redskins – 89 to 90 – Is all the way back from a knee injury. An impressive season so far.
LB Jonathan Vilma – Saints – 92 to 93 – Also looks back from a bad knee injury. Displays top notch instincts.
WR Lance Moore – Saints – 79 to 80 – Appears to be a legitimate NFL receiver and not some product of Drew Brees.
QB Drew Brees – Saints – 95 to 96 – Received a boost in arm strength in how the Saints have been airing the ball out the past couple seasons. Does not have the weak arm some suspected from his career in college and his start in San Diego.
DT Craig Terrill – Seahawks – 76 to 78 – Only good thing to say about the Seahawks in Week 6, relentless in trying to get off blocks.
HB Mewelde Moore – Steelers – 78 to 80 – Extremely versatile player in his first year in Pittsburgh. Filled in for Willie Parker and might have to do it a few more weeks.
HB Steve Slaton – Texans – 80 to 82 – Got some more speed after he displayed his burst a few more times vs. Miami.
G Mike Brisiel – Texans – 77 to 78 – Came out of nowhere last year to finish the season at RG, continues to start there and does a nice job run blocking.
T Eric Winston – Texans – 85 to 87 – Locked up Matt Roth and whoever else lined up against him. The Texans gave him a contract extension and it’s easy to see why.
HB Chris Johnson – Titans – 82 to 83 – Recovering in his bye week after not faring as well vs. grown men in Baltimore.
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch – Titans – 93 to 94 – One of those “high motor” guys. Never stops in trying to get to the QB.

Ratings Down
DT Tommie Harris – Bears – 96 to 94 – Bears run defense isn’t what it was, and whether its injuries or what he isn’t either.
WR Earl Bennett – Bears – 76 to 74 – Can’t get on the field in Chicago. Very polished product coming out of college.
HB Chris Perry – Bengals – 81 to 79 – For my money the worst running back so far this year. Averaging 2.6 YPC with 5 fumbles. Bring on Cedric Benson.
G Andrew Whitworth – Bengals – 86 to 84 – Got a nice contract extension and has got lazy maybe. The Bengals can’t run or pass block.
LB Kamerion Wimbley – Browns – 87 to 86 – Has done virtually nothing since his promising rookie year. 6 sacks in his last 21 games is unacceptable for a player whose job is to rush the QB.
LB Willie McGinest – Browns – 85 to 84 – Heard his name once in the Monday night game but this guy is old and shouldn’t be counted on for too much production.
HB Edgerrin James – Cardinals – 91 to 89 – Behind Chris Perry this guy is in the conversation for most unimpressive at HB. Hightower looks twice as quick, James is incredibly slow at this point in his career.
CB Antonio Cromartie – Chargers – 92 to 91 – Still a work in progress in man coverage. Can be beaten easily cause he is so eager to make a big play.
G Kris Dielman – Chargers - 92 to 91 – The famed left side of the Charger line isn’t blowing people off the ball like in years past.
TE Antonio Gates – Chargers – 98 to 97 – Injuries have cost this guy the ability to get open. Takes forever to get going and to change directions.
DT Ron Edwards – Chiefs – 83 to 78 – Completely out of the rotation at DT in the favor of going young in KC. Played pretty well last season.
FS Jarrad Page – Chiefs – 83 to 81 – Habitual tackle whiffer leading to big plays.
LB Donnie Edwards – Chiefs – 92 to 90 – Is banged up and has been out the past few weeks. Not a stretch to say his time in KC is up after this season.
TE Tony Gonzalez – Chiefs – 98 to 97 – We can’t remember how good you are because of the ineptness of the Chiefs passing game.
TE L.J. Smith – Eagles – 85 to 83 – Wants to be more involved in the offense? Difficult when LJ is usually hurt.
CB Chris Houston – Falcons – 78 to 77 – Extremely raw still trying to play man coverage which is supposed to be his strength. Very similar to his speedy predecessor at corner at Arkansas – Ahmad Carroll.
FB Tony Richardson – Jets – 90 to 88 – Thought something was up with Minnesota made no attempt to resign him, appears to be old.
C Dominic Raiola – Lions – 87 to 85 – Part of the giant mess known as the Detroit offensive line.
CB Brian Kelly – Lions – 82 to 80 – Is in and out of the starting rotation in Detroit which says enough. Can’t really be counted on in man coverage.
G Stephen Peterman – Lions – 80 to 77 – Has been out with injury and didn’t do a whole lot when he was in there.
S James Sanders – Patriots – 86 to 83 – Has not been involved at all in pass coverage.
S Michael Huff – Raiders – 87 to 85 – Is apparently a candidate to be benched in Oakland. Has not made any big plays in his time in the NFL.
DT Rocky Bernard – Seahawks – 84 to 83 – Seahawks can’t really stop anyone on the ground or anywhere else for that matter.
CB Kelly Jennings – Seahawks – 87 to 86 – Solid corner who has beaten deep too often this year. Now benched and plays in nickel situations.
QB Charlie Frye – Seahawks – 80 to 77 – His lack of poise was startling for a QB that has been in Seattle for over a year now. Looked bad vs. a so so Green Bay defense.
S Deon Grant – Seahawks – 87 to 85 – Has not been good this year in pass coverage.
S Brian Russell – Seahawks – 86 to 85 – No INT’s on the year and hasn’t teamed up with Deon Grant to be the safeties people expected.
DT Amobi Okoye – Texans – 92 to 89 – Might be in a sophomore slump after big things were expected of him. In and out of the lineup.
C Matt Birk – Vikings – 95 to 93 – The holes aren’t there in the middle for Peterson.
G Anthony Herrera – Vikings – 88 to 87 – Has struggled so far, especially in pass blocking.
RT Ryan Cook – Vikings – 87 to 84 – Has not been playing very well, and looked completely inept vs. Detroit and Jared DeVries.

Injuries
P Mat McBriar – Cowboys – IR
HB Brian Leonard – Rams - IR
S Gerald Alexander – Lions – IR
QB Jon Kitna – Lions - IR
G Marshall Yanda – Ravens – IR
LB Tavares Gooden – Ravens - IR
T Drew Radovich – Vikings – IR

Contracts
WR Roy Williams – Cowboys – 7 years

http://www.pastapadre.com/4260/madden-09-roster-update-8-details

Mrbob

Ratings Up
HB Matt Forte – Bears – 82 to 84 – In the top 2 for most impressive rookie running back.
QB Kyle Orton – Bears – 79 to 80 – I’m sure the Bears couldn’t even have even expected Orton to be as poised as he has been at QB.

Woo, each week I hold out playing my games my offense gets better and better!

Tommie Harris should be 74 the way he is playing. But he will get it together...I hope!

I don't understand how the Cowboys defense has been so horrible yet they never get dropped... Dallas is 17th in the NFL in passing defense, their secondary is rated like it's in the top 5..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MWS Natural said:
I don't understand how the Cowboys defense has been so horrible yet they never get dropped... Dallas is 17th in the NFL in passing defense, their secondary is rated like it's in the top 5..
And Ratliff gets a bump on top of it. It's insanity, they already shed blockers like nothing if you run by them, I guess now they won't even get blocked.

bluemax

Banned
Nooooo, Dielman down again, Cromartie down and Gates down.

WTF is going on Tiburon!

Also who is the Titans and do they want to play right now?

Rorschach

MiG and I had a game where it started spinning around after a challenge. I couldn't pause or anything, but I managed to call a timeout and it went back to normal. Try it if you get in a jam!

Somnia

GG Denog. Real defensive battle.

I accidently backed out before entering in my kick/punt return yards so that will be missing on my stats =(

XMB is a piece of crap....random online game vs dude in top 100 I'm taking knee's with 10sec left I pull up XMB to respond to his "gg" and it freezes and locks me there. Three delay of game penalties and I get ejected with an loss...When this league is over this shit is going back ASAP :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG True,thanks for playing the game.

Mrbob

I got tommorrow to play, and then its 12 straight days of work. So if my games don't get in tommorrow don't whine at me commishes if they don't get in for awhile.

Undefeated no more...and boy is there a hell of a story to tell!

Natural was up 21-14 with about 1:51 to play when my PS3 freezes. The scenario was 3rd and 7 om my 21st or so. League rules peak to two scenarios that could occur as it can be picked up where it left off by simulating to the condition prior or rerunning the game entirely.Of course you can figure out we had differing opinions on the course of action ; Natural felt he was on the cusp of winning, and I feel like I still had a decent shot considering my TO situation. In addition, my rationale was that it would be artificial to simulate a tense closing game moment and in my experience we've always ran back a close game

I agree to simulate conditions to the final 1:51 a little over an hour after the original disconnected game as didn't want to make a big broohaaa on the forum and have more drama injected. MWS misses the field goal and I get the ball back down seven points. I move the ball a bit, but I ultimately was stopped on a 4th and seven in AZ territory by a sack via a blitzing LB/CB; I can't recall...

Sucks to "lose" and it sucks to have controversy pop up as a result of PS3 freezing again. It's either EA games love crashing my PS3 or something is wrong with my system. :(

Figured yall wanted to know how I lost my zero....

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I got tommorrow to play, and then its 12 straight days of work. So if my games don't get in tommorrow don't whine at me commishes if they don't get in for awhile.

BUT BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL YOUR TV SHOWS!?

Shawnwhann said:

Undefeated no more...and boy is there a hell of a story to tell!

Natural was up 21-14 with about 1:51 to play when my PS3 freezes. The scenario was 3rd and 7 om my 21st or so. League rules peak to two scenarios that could occur as it can be picked up where it left off by simulating to the condition prior or rerunning the game entirely.Of course you can figure out we had differing opinions on the course of action ; Natural felt he was on the cusp of winning, and I feel like I still had a decent shot considering my TO situation. In addition, my rationale was that it would be artificial to simulate a tense closing game moment and in my experience we've always ran back a close game

I agree to simulate conditions to the final 1:51 a little over an hour after the original disconnected game as didn't want to make a big broohaaa on the forum and have more drama injected. MWS misses the field goal and I get the ball back down seven points. I move the ball a bit, but I ultimately was stopped on a 4th and seven in AZ territory by a sack via a blitzing LB/CB; I can't recall...

Sucks to "lose" and it sucks to have controversy pop up as a result of PS3 freezing again. It's either EA games love crashing my PS3 or something is wrong with my system. :(

Figured yall wanted to know how I lost my zero....

Was it definitely a gg, as usual I started off playing like crap (0-10, 0-14 in my last two) games but adjusted and came on decently in the 2nd half. The Cowboys offensive line is truly the ipitomy of grace, beauty and team work. Nearly every line stunt, rush or zone blitz I threw at them they handled with ease. You have a good offensive and defensive scheme with them though and if a few things went your way it would have been your game easily.

I wish there was a more concrete ruling on disconnections. I believe if there is 1min left in a game and one person disconnects it shouldn't be played over since stats can be taken by the one who didn't disconnect and the game resumed. If any disconnected game is to be replayed anyone who is losing a close one can pull the cord and "ooops gotta replay the game over!". Sure you can take people at their word but I would rather there be more specific rules about this.

"If both players disconnect and stats are loss before the 2nd half the game should be replayed. If both players disconnect in the 4th and one player was ahead by a substantial amount the game should be continued and stats simulated as best they can be. If one player disconnects and all stats are kept continue the game from the disconnected point with a new game with adjusted time/qtrs." etc etc

Regardless gg and hopefully how the game ended won't take anything away from the upset win by the underdawg unheralded Cardinal team :D

MWS Natural said:
Was it definitely a gg, as usual I started off playing like crap (0-10, 0-14 in my last two) games but adjusted and came on decently in the 2nd half. The Cowboys offensive line is truly the ipitomy of grace, beauty and team work. Nearly every line stunt, rush or zone blitz I threw at them they handled with ease. You have a good offensive and defensive scheme with them though and if a few things went your way it would have been your game easily.

I wish there was a more concrete ruling on disconnections. I believe if there is 1min left in a game and one person disconnects it shouldn't be played over since stats can be taken by the one who didn't disconnect and the game resumed. If any disconnected game is to be replayed anyone who is losing a close one can pull the cord and "ooops gotta replay the game over!". Sure you can take people at their word but I would rather there be more specific rules about this.

"If both players disconnect and stats are loss before the 2nd half the game should be replayed. If both players disconnect in the 4th and one player was ahead by a substantial amount the game should be continued and stats simulated as best they can be. If one player disconnects and all stats are kept continue the game from the disconnected point with a new game with adjusted time/qtrs." etc etc

Regardless gg and hopefully how the game ended won't take anything away from the upset win by the underdawg unheralded Cardinal team :D

A win is a win as they say. Needless to say, I'll be ready next time for the volume of screens and audibles you throw around offensively.

Top Bottom