• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

bluemax

Banned
MWS Natural said:
You let the game completely finish? There should be a league rule that you must pause the game 5-10 seconds before the final whistle to get the stats.

That's what Somnia and I did in our game just to be safe. Seems like a good idea unless the game is coming down to a final play and you don't want to lose momentum.

Wellington said:
I just went through a four game skid and will likely start losing again against FMT, Shawn, Natural, and the rest of my gauntlet schedule. I still don't really like the game from when I first got it, and runninig this on the 360 would have at least benefitted me controlswise. So what, I like playing with you chumps. It's better than playing AI or cheesers!

I enjoy playing with you guys more than the CPU and cheesers as well. Playing the CPU is okay but I never feel particularly challenged. Playing against you guys is so much more random and emotional. The anger and joy both.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I am very sorry to let everyone know that I am bailing on this years Madden leagues.
I just don't enjoy the game at all. It's a chore to play it and there is only so many hours in each night for me now.
I really have enjoyed playing in the leagues in the past but I guess the love is gone.

Sorry guys. Thanks FMT for all the work you put into these leagues, you do an awesome job.

Lates

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MWS Natural said:
You let the game completely finish? There should be a league rule that you must pause the game 5-10 seconds before the final whistle to get the stats.

It's not a league issue cause it doesn't happen every game.Though I do agree with you that we should at this point just to be safe.

Luke,I have no idea.If anyone would know it would be DM,I think he reads the EA madden forums.

DCX

DCX
The game completely finished and it just hung on the highlights screen and wouldn't go no further.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I am very sorry to let everyone know that I am bailing on this years Madden leagues.
I just don't enjoy the game at all. It's a chore to play it and there is only so many hours in each night for me now.
I really have enjoyed playing in the leagues in the past but I guess the love is gone.

Sorry guys. Thanks FMT for all the work you put into these leagues, you do an awesome job.

Lates
No need to apologize, it was only a matter of time. You quit last year in a similar fashion so it was expected. At least DCX got to start with the Falcons this year.

FMT: When do you want to rumble?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
No need to apologize, it was only a matter of time. You quit last year in a similar fashion so it was expected. At least DCX got to start with the Falcons this year.

At least.... :/

DCX

Wellington said:

CoooooldBlooooded :lol

Somnia

Rors quick heads up, as of now comcast cable and tv are down in my town since 1am with no eta. Ill let you know when its back up but id think ird be before 5pm but thought id post just incase.... PS. typing on my phone (instinct) takes forever!

EDIT: Ok I posted like 15 seconds too fast with my phone it's all back up and going as of now. :D

Fifty

I give up on trying to contact Bryan. I'll let him find me when he's ready, and give me some times for our game, otherwise I'm content with a free win.

LJ, when would you like to play our game?

Somnia

BryanI said:
Sorry, guys--it's been a bit crazy at work and I know last week we simply couldn't coordinate any games. I should be around late at night tonight, friday, and most of the weekend. Again, sorry for being a bit MIA.

Fifty he posted a bit earlier with this ^^^^ Just incase you missed it.

Fifty

Grrrrrrr..must..not..shoot the messenger..

Thanks but I didn't miss it. Anyway, I sent him a few unreplied-to PMs, and he only posted in this thread because Luke reminded him. I don't want to start shit with him..I'm just letting LJ know that I've moved on to his game!

Wellington said:

Ouch....soo anyone that I'm not playing further on in my schedule want to sub for him?

Ramirez

Wellington said:

I sense much venom in these words. :lol

LJ11

Fifty said:
Grrrrrrr..must..not..shoot the messenger..

Thanks but I didn't miss it. Anyway, I sent him a few unreplied-to PMs, and he only posted in this thread because Luke reminded him. I don't want to start shit with him..I'm just letting LJ know that I've moved on to his game!

Tonight around 11pm eastern good for you?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow. I just got blasted on AIM from MWSnatural because I had told him I would play my game against him before I dropped out of the league.

And I mean BLASTED. Check this out.

AIM conversation with MWS Natural said:
MWS The Natural: I thought you were going to try to get our game in....?
Truelize: I was and then I realized that seeing that I didn't enjoy the game at all it didn't make a lot of sense to put myself through that.
MWS The Natural: yeah ... but I kinda took you at your word you were my last game
MWS The Natural: 1 more game wouldn't have killed you
Truelize: Whatever dude. lol. I hate the game. it would have taken an hour. then I have to enter stats and the game would likely freeze anyways
Truelize: it's not like my honor is damaged or something. its a video game.
MWS The Natural: that's fine. you can make whatever justifications that suit you
Truelize: seriously? you are saying that I should be disappointed in myself cause I told you I would get my game in with you?
MWS The Natural: disapointed in yourself? I dunno when I tell someone something I do it, I don't backtrack on my statements later if it's within my control
MWS The Natural: Or I would never even say it in the first place
MWS The Natural: or I would say "maybe" or "if possible"
MWS The Natural: not matter of factly like you did
Truelize: I've been playing in this league for 6 years now. I've done my time. I really don't see why you would even come on here and give me a hard time about it. I mean you could have come on here and said "that's too bad man, I didn't you disliked the game so much. oh well take care". But you feel it's your duty to grind me over it because I told you I would play the game. Comedy
MWS The Natural: You have to realize it's extrememly incovenient for me to try to find someone to play in place of you now when I was more than patient to get my game in with you and work around your schedule for weeks.
Truelize: haha. I should be more considerate? Take the default win. We have done it TONS of times in the past when others have quit the league. If the game was worth playing and ran well I would still be playing. It's is extremely inconvenient for me to put aside time to do something I DO NOT ENJOY.
MWS The Natural: I couldn't have been more patient seriously. Even after people told me your were unreliable I still figured we would get in eventually. But if playing madden is really like sticking knives in your eyes then that's fine, I wouldn't want a video game sending you to the mad house lol.
Truelize: What makes more sense? I play a gameI don't like because someone else in the world was looking forward to playing against me? or I walk away cause there is no benefit in doing something I don't like?
MWS The Natural: It makes more sense as a man to do what I said I was going to do.
Truelize: I have been incredibly unreliable with Madden this gen. It's been a bad game. I am in Canada and get the stupidest lag sometimes. It's like playing the game in mud.
Truelize: so you are more of a man than me because of this?
Truelize: WOW
MWS The Natural: Your words not mine
MWS The Natural: I Just letting you know how I carry myself, however you were raised that's your personality.
MWS The Natural: Maybe that's how they do things in Canada.
Truelize: or is the better man the guy that decides to spend time with his wife and three kids instead of playing Madden? or is a better man the guys that puts in approx 15 hours of overtime each week because he has no staff at work?
Truelize: is that a better man?
Truelize: or is the better man the guy that puts the real life responsibilities aside for Madden?
MWS The Natural: You're right, I wouldn't want to take food out of the mouths of your children for a 1hr madden game that has been on the schedule for 3+weeks.
MWS The Natural: Yes 1hr out of 3 weeks and your family would have been on the streets, please forgive me sir I ask too much of you.
Truelize: wow. you might be the rudest person I have come across on gaf.
Truelize: it's a game dude
Truelize: i don't want to play you in a game of Madden
MWS The Natural: It's ok, everyone knew you were unreliable and expected you to quit. Just don't waste anyones time and sign up next year.
MWS The Natural: Peace.
Truelize: like your life is so shallow that that one game that I wasn't able to make has destroyed you andmde you feel that you need to come online and belittle someone.

Wow. I am the most inconsiderate person on this planet. Really I am.

Guys I am sorry I hate the game. If I liked it I would be playing still. It's not like I'm not playing other games late at night. But when I have to figure out how I want to spend my free time and I have to choose between Madden (losing online in Madden more specifically and then entering in stats) and anything else. I will choose ANYTHING ELSE.
And if the game is worth $35 in trade in value and I can put that towards any of the games coming out this month and next I'm gonna take the trade in value. I've played the game a total of 5 times so far. I'm not into it anymore.

I really hope I haven't ruined anyone else's season, week, life because I am choosing not to play Madden.

Lates.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
God Damn he ethered you :lol

I can understand the disappointment but its not THAT huge a deal...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Maybe that's how they do things in Canada."

OH SNAP!

DCX

DCX
That's pretty shitty to treat a vet that way. I like Tru personally even though we fight about using the Faclons ( i should have fought less this year :lol ) but he's a good guy and not just an asshole behind a PC/CONSOLE.

Kinda low on your part Mr Natural, but as the past show this league is like the real NFL, and we have our own Pacman Jones in our league and they find a way back into our good graces. I would play you, but i play you at the end of the season.

DCX

GQman2121

Banned
I don't blame you True.

This league is the only reason why I still own this piece. I stayed away for three seasons up until 09', and I'm not jumping back in until a new developer is given a chance or something dramatically changes the Madden formula.

LJ11

Truelize, do what you feel is best. If you're not enjoying it, then so be it. I wouldn't want to play a game I wasn't enjoying either.

The Canada line had my rolling as well Matrix.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
:lol I got nothing to say man. I mean yeah it sucks that I'm leaving you guys hanging, but my apology was genuine.

I strung him along for a while too, so I can understand why he's upset. Just not sure he needed to go as far as he did.
I had every intention of playing my game against him and against Matrix. And then I just realized on Monday that I felt I had more enjoyable things to do.

Fifty

Thanks for posting that AIM chat. :lol :lol I'd defend Truelize, if it wasn't so funny. I think it's fair to get a bit of shit for leaving midseason, even if the reasons are totally valid. It's harmless. I like MWS' enthusiasm, provided he's a clean, legit player on the field. :lol

LJ. 11 eastern works for me. I'm not 100% sure you're on my PSN list. I'm Chifty if you aren't

btw, if it's not an incredibly close game, let's make a point of pausing with a few seconds left for stats. I've dealt with so many disappointments this year that I'd really, really be pissed if we had to replay.

Matrix

True,buy me NBA 2k9 on 360 and we will call it even or..... OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

LJ11

Fifty said:
Thanks for posting that AIM chat. :lol :lol I'd defend Truelize, if it wasn't so funny. I think it's fair to get a bit of shit for leaving midseason, even if the reasons are totally valid. It's harmless. I like MWS' enthusiasm, provided he's a clean, legit player on the field. :lol

LJ. 11 eastern works for me. I'm not 100% sure you're on my PSN list. I'm Chifty if you aren't

btw, if it's not an incredibly close game, let's make a point of pausing with a few seconds left for stats. I've dealt with so many disappointments this year that I'd really, really be pissed if we had to replay.

Yeah, I'm pausing the game. My last 3 league games between the Xbox/PS3 leagues have ended in a looping highlights or a disconnect.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HAHAHA, that was a funny log.

I know I left even earlier, and I had the WinButton team! I traded that POS within 24 hours, and I've enjoyed Tales of Veswhattia.

And it's given me more time for NCAA :p

But, if someone was to come up to me with that kind of BS as MWS...hahahaha

Why does the new gen of GAFfer's go with strange acronym's? MWS Natural? Crap, I've got to go figure out what that could POSSIBLY mean. Thanks alot dude, I've got to use my brain now.

True, we've had some arguments in the past (Fuck Notre Dame! NCAA from a few years back if I recall), but we've been cool for the most part.

True should get "This is how we do it in Canada" tag, with the link to that post!

Fifty

CB3 said:
ill play as the vikings if anyone needs me to

They're really fun to use. I approve you taking them over. I'm just going to hand them to you now and see if anyone puts up a big fight. Be prepared to lose them, but for at least an afternoon you'll have control.

Matrix

So the only sports game you will own then is NBA 2k9? Am I correct Bob?

If so....bizzaro world.

Mrbob

NBA 2K9 and NHL 09.

Both games I'm having much more fun with. Maybe it is because it is new and fresh.

Yeah Madden is decent his year, but it also feels similar to the game I played the last two years.

Fifty

Ramirez said:
This is the best Madden in years, you guys are crazy.

I'll fill in for anyone that plays a team without an owner...

About time someone gives the game some credit. I honestly don't know why people hate it so much. To each their own..but even if I was losing, I'd enjoy this game more than the last two years. Whatever..I look forward to the playoffs, where only people who like the game will make it (likely) and season 2, with people who enjoy the game.

Somnia

Fifty said:
About time someone gives the game some credit. I honestly don't know why people hate it so much. To each their own..but even if I was losing, I'd enjoy this game more than the last two years. Whatever..I look forward to the playoffs, where only people who like the game will make it (likely) and season 2, with people who enjoy the game.

I look at these people quitting as a way for me to get a better team next season :D

miguel and CK i can play today!

sorry dudes, ive been meaning to update all the stuff and deal with the quitters but my gf has been bitching at me to do this and that. its true i have played a couple games of NBA 2k... but after she was asleep! thats when i get my gaming in, but i put my foot down tonight!

p.s. as long as its before the office! 9pm pst!

LiveWire

Hey CB sorry I missed you last night I passed out after the debate. I'm free anytime after 8:30 Eastern tonight to play our game.

DCX said:
That's pretty shitty to treat a vet that way. I like Tru personally even though we fight about using the Faclons ( i should have fought less this year :lol ) but he's a good guy and not just an asshole behind a PC/CONSOLE.

Kinda low on your part Mr Natural, but as the past show this league is like the real NFL, and we have our own Pacman Jones in our league and they find a way back into our good graces. I would play you, but i play you at the end of the season.

DCX

Bullshit! Being a vet doesn't mean you automatically get a free pass in matters of fairness and common sense consideration.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with Natural on this one....

From my read of the transcript that Truelize decided to air out, Natural did all the right things with respect to working behind the scenes to get the game done. If I were chasing somebody down for three weeks to play them and they decided to up and quit; I think anyone would be a little bit pissed off about it.

Regarding the personal bits, True tried to make the correlation between his inability to play his game citing the need to spend time with his family, frustration and the fact he doesn't enjoy the game; Natural provided a stinging yet fair retort that spoke to the reality of the situation. As someone that has incurred the wrath of Truelize for "running up the score" and not being "sportsmanlike" to watching him literally quit mid-game in the NBA 2K league and quit the Madden league last year in similar fashion; I think Natural is on to something when he suggests that maybe it's not a bad idea to skip league play if you have the inclination you wont finish. Many of those same considerations of why you quit last year were the same ones you're communicating now.

Not to air you out Truelize, but I felt there was a serious lack of balance in conveying the situation as I feel loyalties and tenure has got in the way of a fair discussion about the drama. Despite what I wrote here, I still consider you a friend where we can tell each other how we feel and dust it off and still shoot the shit. Hopefully we can continue being cool...

DCX - If you're going to call somebody out, feel free and be a man about it instead of being all coy and bitch-like about it....Be proud of your trolling!

EDIT - BTW, before someone yells "Hypocrite" for the recent NCAA league.... I quit the NCAA league and I deserve the shit I catch about it. My response would be that I made it known I was quitting, it was just accelerated due to the reality I can't do 3 leagues at the same time. Had every expectation of finishing it though...

Truelize said:
:lol I got nothing to say man. I mean yeah it sucks that I'm leaving you guys hanging, but my apology was genuine.

I strung him along for a while too, so I can understand why he's upset. Just not sure he needed to go as far as he did.
I had every intention of playing my game against him and against Matrix. And then I just realized on Monday that I felt I had more enjoyable things to do.

There's nothing to be "upset" about. Either you do what you say you will or you won't. I wouldn't have even gave it a second thought if you hadn't went out of your way to send me an IM on monday confirming we will play and it will be your last game. Then turn around the very next day and and do a complete 180 wtf:lol. I have the chat saved on my desktop now, I was just going to send it to those on my league buddylist but this makes it much easier thanks :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Shawnwhann said:
blah blah blah

Too long of a post from a Cowboy fan to read. Cliff notes plaize.

But really, We have probably put in $50+ a year to play in these leagues, and if you aren't having fun or need to open up some time for other things, on top of being able to get some of that $$$ back on trade in's (before the game becomes worthless for trade ins), then some misplaced anger at someone else being a "quitter!" can suck it up and move on.

If this shit was free, then maybe I'd be upset at the principle of things. But $$$ is involved, and [insert economy excuse].

And to further prove my point:
TimCurryGirlScout.jpg

Rorschach

Cold: you can take the Vikes. MrBob was too much of a pussy to play even though I said I'd go easy on him and I'd be using Gus and Chester Taylor. :lol Unleash AD!

Wellington said:
No need to apologize, it was only a matter of time. You quit last year in a similar fashion so it was expected.
:lol

Let me copy/paste something for you guys in the original post in the thread:

Q: Fucking lame! Does that mean i have to enter my teams stats manually after every game!?
A: Yes.

Q: Team AND player stats!?
A: Yep.

Q: ALL OF THEM!?
A: Yes.

Q: What if i don't feel like entering them?
A: Don't join the league!

Q: Ok, what if i don't like this years game? I think it sucks and i wish we still had NFL 2kx

Q: What if i join now, but then quit in week 5 or something?

It's not about forcing you guys to play or whatever. It's about you making a commitment in spite of reading all that. Why would you still force YOURSELF to sign up and fuck it up for the rest of us? When you signed up, you were essentially saying "Yes, I would like to play in this league, and I'll suffer through entering all the stats, playing my games etc".

Yeah, it's just a game, but why the fuck do you guys sign up for the league if you don't want to play it? It's just a game, but your actions are affecting a couple dozen of other people's enjoyment. And, it's a slap in the face of FMT who warned you in the original fucking post and a bunch of you are quitting for those exact reasons he listed.

On the other hand, I think (and have thought for a while) that we are too open in who we invite. How did MaestroRyan get to join the league more than once? And he took the Vikes from Slo, no less. I warned about Zep and a couple of other people that ended up quitting before the league even started because you can tell they don't give a fuck. Zep won't even finish his own fucking leagues and what's worse is that he doesn't tell anyone that he's quitting, he strings us along. How is he allowed in? I like the guy and all, but he's not reliable at all. The only person that has ever been banned from the leagues is friggin' Bog and that was way back when.

All that said, I wouldn't want you guys to stick around if you don't want to because it ruins your enjoyment and it sours the league. Just don't sign up. You don't have to sign up for every league. Just show some fucking restraint.

In regards to the MWS/True thing, what can I say? I don't like being strung along either. I would rather someone tell me "No, I'm not gonna play you" than make me wait by the proverbial phone all week. In that time, I could be doing other shit -- like finding a fill in. Everyone in the league has a life outside of the league just like you. No one wants to waste any of it chasing after you.

[edit]
Lonestar said:
Too long of a post from a Cowboy fan to read. Cliff notes plaize.

But really, We have probably put in $50+ a year to play in these leagues, and if you aren't having fun or need to open up some time for other things, on top of being able to get some of that $$$ back on trade in's (before the game becomes worthless for trade ins), then some misplaced anger at someone else being a "quitter!" can suck it up and move on.

If this shit was free, then maybe I'd be upset at the principle of things. But $$$ is involved, and [insert economy excuse].
Get teh fuck out of here, Lone. You know how you can save money in the first place? Don't buy the game. Don't fucking join. This year's league got started way late. There was plenty of time for you to know that it wasn't to your liking. And if you want to talk about money, howabout the money FMT is wasting when a league doesn't finish? There's no trade in value for that.

Get that shit out of here, seriously.

[edit2] Thanks for posting that, Somnia. I really appreciate it. And I'm home in time if everything's smooth! :D

Mrbob

WTF. You weren't on AIM last night when I was!

Oh and I refuse to play any sub who is also controlling another team in the NFC.

Rorschach

Ok Somnia, going on. Let's pause 3 secs before if it's not close. Oh and you're home!

Mrbob said:

Oh and I refuse to play any sub who is also controlling another team in the NFC.
I was. It's Hawakubo. I was around after the debate. Until around 10 PST, then I put my away on and played warhawk.

Saw you on PSN, but you logged out. Wasn't gonna bother you if you were busy. It's not a game of consequence to me. If you don't want to play someone in the nfc, maybe you can play Ram if he's willing to fill in.

CB3

Mrbob said:

why does it matter. Vikings wont be competing for the playoffs unless i win out. i dont play myself. It behooves me to to actually try hard in these games instead of cakewalk like most others.

Or you could quit like in NCAA because you dont want none of this

Mrbob

But the iggles might....I don't want to tip off my cheese playstyle until it is playoff time!

Unfortunately for you there is no overrated USC team to hide behind in Madden.

I can't play right now tho. About 4 hours I might.

CB3

Mrbob said:
But the iggles might....I don't want to tip off my cheese playstyle until it is playoff time!

quit being a wimp. man up! you just dont want to play me because it wont be a cakewalk win.

Top Bottom