• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
StrikerObi said:
This is cool. Gives me hope for Less Than Jake's "Last One Out of Liberty City" being on the soundtrack. The song is 10 years old though, so I doubt it. I really wish it was though. It's so perfect. I mean, it starts off with the line "Last one out of Liberty City, burn it to the ground!"

I don't even think it's a reference to GTA, as the song is 10 years old and GTA had just been released in 1998 (slim chance I suppose).
Well, the Gang Starr track is old too - they just dropped the lines in there for the hell of it.:D

Iamthegamer said:
Well, the Gang Starr track is old too - they just dropped the lines in there for the hell of it.:D

Don't get my hopes up. I really really want Last One Out of Liberty City to be in this game.

i'm not sure how to tell you guys this, but half the people i've talked to think this game doesn't look that great

EVEN STRANGER is that i've heard a few dudes say it looks like the other gta games. how can people have such a skewed perspective of this game?
i don't even know where to begin in explaining things....

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that Times Review is the only (text) review I've read all the way through. It on point.
However, isn't the game published by Take Two?

Published by Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto IV is

Costanza

Banned
Jirotrom said:
im not totally sure... but its worth a shot. Walmart does sell the new releases at midnight.
yeah I know.. maybe I'll print that page out and bring it with me. would be nice to extend my Live Subscription a few months.

G-Bus

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
i'm not sure how to tell you guys this, but half the people i've talked to think this game doesn't look that great

EVEN STRANGER is that i've heard a few dudes say it looks like the other gta games. how can people have such a skewed perspective of this game?

My brother didn't think Uncharted looked good at all. Same with GT: Prologue. He thought Bioshock looked the tits though. For the record he's not a big gamer.

To each there own I suppose.

gnarkill bill said:
Just kinda jumpin in here. For the people who preordered at Gamestop, what time you guys plan on getting in line at tomorrow?

I'm going to try to go at 11:15, hopefully it won't be too hard to find a parking spot (which is my main concern).

Fifty

Mr. Spinnington said:

They probably just forgot how bad the old GTA games look since they've been spoiled by all the new HD games since then. Either that or they're just like the people who 'can't tell the difference' between DVD and HDDVD.

Salazar

tegdf said:
why no gamespot review today?

The only answers likely / possible have to do with cheques clearing and so on. If they told you, they'd have to pay you etc... It's undoubtedly coming, it's undoubtedly a high score, and if you think long and hard or briefly and superficially about it - it doesn't actually matter except as potentially diverting reading material.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles said:
I told them I was Samus Aran. I have to wear a motorbike helmet the whole time.

That was actually pretty good. :lol :lol :lol :lol

dedhead54

I WILL BE SPEEDING, LIKE 10 MPH OVER THE SPEEDLIMIT, UP A MOUNTAIN THIS TIME TOMORROW!!!! HOOOORAH.

(Like, literally. My parents live on a mountain. And i'll be hauling ass to go play the game at their house. :D)

Smokey

Mr. Spinnington said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Salazar

dedhead54 said:
I WILL BE SPEEDING, LIKE 10 MPH OVER THE SPEEDLIMIT, UP A MOUNTAIN THIS TIME TOMORROW!!!! HOOOORAH.

(Like, literally. My parents live on a mountain. And i'll be hauling ass to go play the game at their house. :D)

I bet the traffic cop would LOVE it if you were honest about your reason for driving so fast.

Teknoman

Blablurn said:
Damn, 1 Day to go. This will be a hard time =(

Heh i've got MGO, Mario Kart, and some Galaxy/Brawling to catch up on + its my day off. I'm good.

And some more work to do...but I guarantee im going to be hyped till at least 11:50pm

dedhead54

Salazar said:
I bet the traffic cop would LOVE it if you were honest about your reason for driving so fast.

Oh I'll show him the game.

But in reality I don't really speed (more than 5 over, at least when I'm not on the interstate). But I will have to fight the urge tomorrow night.

But at this time (12:20pm) tomorrow night I should be playing my most anticipated game in history. Wa-the-fuck-HOO.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That's not fair!
Around this time tomorrow night I'll be just getting in line. :(

Stupid California. :(

jk i love you california

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Loudninja said:
Guess they could not find a reviewer.

Haha, someone said it perfectly in the Head-to-Head thread.

"Where's the Gamespot review?"
"Well the banks are closed on the weekends, so we should see it on Monday."

:lol :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
chubigans said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OMG THATS AMAZING XD

Flunkie

Banned
chubigans said:

:lol :lol :lol

MercuryLS

Banned
chubigans said:

1441621772_40a539b361.jpg

Here's a question. How many pedestrians do you think is the max on screen in GTA4? I haven't seen a screen or video showcasing lots of peds, but I'd like to see an extremely crowded subway station, or times square be truly packed with people. Maybe like over 50 peds at a time would be nice.

Brashnir

VindicatorZ said:
Here's a question. How many pedestrians do you think is the max on screen in GTA4? I haven't seen a screen or video showcasing lots of peds, but I'd like to see an extremely crowded subway station, or times square be truly packed with people. Maybe like over 50 peds at a time would be nice.

The most I've seen at once is 10-15 or so. I don't think this engine is built for Dead Rising-style crowds.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell, there is a russian guy on American dad and all I can think about is how he "sounds like" Nico. :lol :lol :lol

Get outta my head, GTA!

Remy

A few more notes from the remainder of my playing this evening. I don't consider any of this a spoiler because I'm not giving away plot points, but if you're trying to be completely blindsided by a game, then skip the rest of this post (and why are you in this thread to begin with?):

- Got my internet access set up in the game, and holy shit are there a lot of parody sites. You can't do much with any of them, but...lots of fun stuff to read, if you're into that sort of thing.
- BenjaminBirdie, I did make it to the Steinway Beer Garden. It's not quite as mammoth as the Astoria Beer Garden, but it made me smile.
- I've now also played darts and pool, in addition to the bowling earlier. Pool is pretty unforgiving physics wise; darts is pretty easy.
- At the beginning of the game, they tell you that you can't go into Algonquin - a word to the wise: don't try. Getting near the barricade on the bridges gives you an instant unshakeable six-star wanted level. I found this out the hard way.
- The gunplay? So much better than the previous games. The cover system and the targeting feel good.
- I did find one pigeon; it had a little red light around it, much like dropped weapons do. They explode in a nice puff of feathers.
- Despite all the warnings against doing so, I did drive drunk in the game. I drove a whopping 200 feet to a diner so I could sober up.
- I wish the toll bridges had an EZ-Pass lane.
- There's a nice little tutorial for how multiplayer works. I haven't played an MP game yet but I ran through this. So many games tend to skip actually telling you how to play MP.

Teknoman

Remy said:
- I wish the toll bridges had an EZ-Pass lane.

- There's a nice little tutorial for how multiplayer works. I haven't played an MP game yet but I ran through this. So many games tend to skip actually telling you how to play MP.

:lol EZ - pass, lots of traffic I guess?

Also nice on the tutorial.

Raistlin

Does anyone think the SE is worth it, or should I cancel my Amazon pre-order and just get the regular one tomorrow night?

Top Bottom