• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Do you guys want to set up a GAF game tomorrow night? Like a few hours after it's out so that we all have some time to play an hour or two of singleplayer before hand.

I'm down. GAF only to avoid any spoilers. I'll be up playing most of the night.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Do you guys want to set up a GAF game tomorrow night? Like a few hours after it's out so that we all have some time to play an hour or two of singleplayer before hand.

I can't see myself touching multi until next week or when I finish the game. Whichever comes first.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't see myself touching multi until next week or when I finish the game. Whichever comes first.
Now that you mention it, I can't see myself putting down singleplayer after only playing singleplayer for a couple of hours...

FUGGEDABOUDIT

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
A Parcel just rocked up on my doorstep... has this game in it... should I play it?

VOOK said:
A Parcel just rocked up on my doorstep... has this game in it... should I play it?

Jesus, whatever Magical Awesome Land you live in, where packages are delivered on a Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday Night, I want in.

I am moving there.

Seriously.

BobFromPikeCreek said:

I think Tuesday night will be better personally. Everyone will have their fill of the game by then.

VOOK

MaizeRage25 said:
No, send it to me ASAP.

Sure, I'll go by the same courier I got which took 5 days, fucking bravo huh.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Nah. OXM says it's worse than Fight Night.

The movie?

@BenjaminBirdie: It's Monday here, and I should of had it last Thursday.

Evlar

Banned
VOOK said:
No. Contact the authorities. What you have here is an unauthorized early shipment of the game and it's your responsibility as a consumer to alert R* and the publisher of a breach of contract on the part of the distributor.

What the fuck of course you play it

VOOK

Can't play it until I go home from work anyway.

Fucking work, paying my bills and whatnot!

kylej

Banned
just gotta wait til Tuesday morning...only til Tuesday morning...only til Tuesday morning............

Tomorrow is going to be brutal.

kylej said:
just gotta wait til Tuesday morning...only til Tuesday morning...only til Tuesday morning............

Tomorrow is going to be brutal.

Right now is brutal. i am such a fucking nerd

I can't stop thinking about this game. Nothing can take my mind off it, i am trying to stay busy but its not working. i need the game. :(

Flunkie

Banned
For me, it's probably Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. My Wal-Mart blows. (No GS or EB within 45 miles)

So consider yourselves lucky. :lol

Loudninja

keyrat said:
So...am I the only one who enjoys playing with cheats more than without? How are these people who have it early maximizing their enjoyment without them?

I only use cheats when I go on a rampage, but thats it.I never use them for my main game.

Flunkie

Banned
keyrat said:
So...am I the only one who enjoys playing with cheats more than without? How are these people who have it early maximizing their enjoyment without them?
I've always beaten the GTA games on my first run-through without cheats (maybe a little weapon cheat here and there when I'm really desperate), and then turned on cheats after I beat the game to "maximize my enjoyment". There are some fun GTA cheats. Other than that, though, they kind of ruin the experience for me if I run around with health and armor cheats and basically playing like I'm invincible.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the IGN review podcast.
Their multiplayer discussion is giving me chills.

T-MINUS 27 HOURS AND TWENTY TWO MINUTES (CENTRAL)...

I called EB today and asked if I could change my regular edition pre-order to the special edition, but they were booked up solid.

Kingpen

How is the guide?

I'm thinking it will probably be something thick like the Oblivion guide...

Any impressions on it and how valuable you guys think it may be? I wonder if there are graffiti tags or hidden packages in GTA 4?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow. How am I supposed to stay up till midnight and pass that? ;__;

I'll find a way damnit!

I have to pick it up tuesday afternoon because I have classes. DAMN!!!!! I hate waiting for things I want because the day takes hella long :(

chubigans said:
I have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow. How am I supposed to stay up till midnight and pass that? ;__;

I'll find a way damnit!

Even more important: how will you stay up past midnight to play it!?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNN

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna like do heroin or something and just wake up in a haze 24 hours from now and get in line.

Acid08

Banned
Thrilla Gorilla said:
WTF? Why would you want to do that? Just play a different game to pass the time or read a book foo.
READ A BOOK, READ A BOOK. READ A MUTHA FUCKIN BOOK. Sorry, just had to :D

newsguy said:
Other than some easter eggs, you won't recognize it.
Yeah, I was playing the PC version earlier. God, that game is fucking hard.
Edit: @Maize: The "comparison" one, it is bringing out the fanboy side of me that I don't usually act like.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've been in and out of the double exp weekend playlist, but I don't really anything that would hold my attention. And obviously, I was joking.

Last night I was watching a live feed of the game, while playing GTAVCS and it just got a little weird. I even had a GTA inspired dream.

Though, I would like Smodcast to come out so I could have something to keep my mind off my game boner for a bit.

Top Bottom