• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

I'm not sure if this has been posted but this is an amazing deal.

Playstation3-kön
* De 10 första i kön kommer att få köpa PS3 GTA4 bundling för 1kr
* De på plats 11-60 får köpa GTA4 [PS3] för 1kr
* Alla får köpa PS3 GTA4 bundlingen med 200kr rabatt (så långt lagret räcker)

Xbox360-kön
* De 10 första i kön kommer att få köpa Xbox 360 Elite GTA4 bundling för 1kr
* De på plats 11-60 får köpa GTA4 [360] för 1kr
* Alla får köpa 360-HDMI GTA4 bundlingen med 200kr rabatt (så långt lagret räcker)

Playstation 3 line
* The 10 first in the line will get PS3 GTA4 bundling for 1kr.
* Those who stands on place 11-60 will get GTA4 [PS3] for 1 kr.
* Everyone can buy PS3 GTA4 bundling with 200 kr off.

Xbox 360 line
* The 10 first in the line will get Xbox 360 elite GTA4 bundling for 1kr.
* Those who stands on place 11-60 will get GTA4 [360] for 1 kr.
* Everyone can buy 360-HDMI GTA4 bundling with 200 kr off.

1 kr = $0.17
200 kr = $34

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=326776

This game seems like it will have the same problems as GTA3 and it's spawn. Namely that it will be too awesome for words and I'll get dizzy at even trying to accomplish anything and do little but murder massive amounts of civilians. Except this time online!

Has anyone confirmed taxi/cop missions? I loved those things.

BLU-82

I've got the shortlist magazine here it also says:

"The comedy club isn't the only place you'll find Gervais in GTA IV, but we're staying tight-lipped about where else he'll emerge..."

Tr4nce

How effin' awesome would it be if
Jerry Seinfeld
is also one of those comedians in the comedy clubs? I'm really expecting a lot from this feature. It's gonna be awesome sitting in a comedy club and listen to a few jokes, then kill everyone and go for a hot dog.

Tr4nce said:
How effin' awesome would it be if
Jerry Seinfeld
is also one of those comedians in the comedy clubs? I'm really expecting a lot from this feature. It's gonna be awesome sitting in a comedy club and listen to a few jokes, then kill everyone and go for a hot dog.

carrot-top-main.jpg

:(

N.A

Banned
BLU-82 said:
I've got the shortlist magazine here it also says:

"The comedy club isn't the only place you'll find Gervais in GTA IV, but we're staying tight-lipped about where else he'll emerge..."

Please be on the chat station with
Stephen Merchant & Karl Pilkington

Tr4nce

I just visited the Rockstar Social Club website, but I couldn't register yet. I thought it was supposed to launch today?

N.A

Banned
Scopebob Sniperpants & Buccket spoiler those names please, some people want the surprise.

He's got a head like a FUCKING ORANGE.

Not sure if this was posted yet but....Future Publishing have just released their CVG GTA IV special. The whole magazine is dedicated to the biggest videogame franchise of the 21st Century. What stands out is their blatant lust for the Xbox 360 version over the PlayStation 3 version. Why? Because of the Downloadable Content of course. CVG compares the Xbox 360 exclusive DLC to the Vice City & San Andreas games in space and scope, and claims the DLC will feature a brand new city.

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/NewsCom-135944.aspx?CT=1

Personally I dont believe it...just wanted to share it.

gnarkill bill said:
Not sure if this was posted yet but....Future Publishing have just released their CVG GTA IV special. The whole magazine is dedicated to the biggest videogame franchise of the 21st Century. What stands out is their blatant lust for the Xbox 360 version over the PlayStation 3 version. Why? Because of the Downloadable Content of course. CVG compares the Xbox 360 exclusive DLC to the Vice City & San Andreas games in space and scope, and claims the DLC will feature a brand new city.

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

:eek: A new issue of issue of CVG! Nice, I remember when they cancelled cvg out of nowhere after well over 20 years in print. I'll have to check this out.

FFChris

No doubt the DLC will be substantial, but new cities? I very much doubt it.

Edit: People who think the DLC is going to be bigger than SA are going to be very disappointed!

gnarkill bill said:

Lol I came here to post that. Made me go: wat

http://www.playthree.net/2008/04/cvg-gta-iv-xbox-dlc-will-be-bigger-than.html

Doc Evils

gnarkill bill said:

Even Dan houser said it's just going to be extra missions. god knows where they got that from.

FFChris

Chû Totoro said:
I really hope we'll know more before the 29th...

Don't bet on it.

My guess is a new suburb, new missions, and general stuff like guns, cars and clothes. Nothing huge, but like the Crackdown expansion, enough to get excited about.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Doc Evils said:
Even Dan houser said it's just going to be extra missions. god knows where they got that from.

Not just extra missions. You make it sound like some extra random shit to do.

It will be a new story, much like Liberty City stories and Vice City stories. It's not just extra missions.

FFChris said:
Don't bet on it.

My guess is a new suburb, new missions, and general stuff like guns, cars and clothes. Nothing huge, but like the Crackdown expansion, enough to get excited about.
Then i'll play GTA IV on my PS3 and wait to be bored to buy a 360 with the DLC.
The DLC will only be available this autumn so i'll think about that at this time.
I must stop being excited about something we don't really know a lot about...

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Has anyone ever confirmed that this DLC will never be available on the PS3?

I have a feeling some kind of Game of the Year edition will probably be out next year with all this on one Blu Ray.

chico

why bother now with unknown dlc in a distant future?
GTA IV will have enough content to satisfy everyone for the next month even without dlc.

12 more days!

Dabanton

Bojanglez said:

I have a feeling some kind of Game of the Year edition will probably be out next year with all this on one Blu Ray.

Please lets not bring this shit to this thread.

Does no one remember the great Bish banning DLC spectacular in the old thread?:lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
And now the true test of this thread comes.

Anyway,
Ricky Gervais

"The missions of Chaucer.....and Shakespeare...."
Yeah i think you're right. We should focus on the game.
I mean of course the DLC is part of the game but it will come out like in 6 month so we'll have the time to speak about that later or at least when we'll have more official informations about it.

Oh God. Please don't ask for advice on which version to buy in this thread. Could the resulting responses somehow not result in pages of system wars shit? I really doubt it.

Xdrive05

Bojanglez said:

It seems like they would make it available for sale (like RB songs, etc.). I'm a 360-only guy, but it doesn't seem right for R* to keep this away from our PlayStation friends. Unless MS paid them for time exclusiveness or something.

rhino4evr

Wollan said:
*mind blown if true*

Edit: Apparently it's from the magazine Shortlist.

"Speaking to free magazine Shortlist, Gervais revealed that he performs three minute skits of never-before-heard material in Liberty City's comedy club, as well as gags from his recent Fame tour."

wow, awesome.

painey

I keep checking the rockstar social club site every 30 mins but nowt yet.. I really hope theres something there to do when it goes up rather than being barebones until GTA launch

Nameless

Am I the only one who has drastically cut the amount of time they play 360 for fear that it will red ring right before GTAIV? I haven't at all since Monday. :lol

MMaRsu

Nameless said:
Am I the only one who has drastically cut the amount of time they play 360 for fear that it will red ring right before GTAIV? I haven't at all since Monday. :lol

Not to troll, but it doesn't matter if you play it or not I think..I mean it could RROD even if you haven't played it in months and then turn it on and BOOM there it is

GameGamer

Nameless said:

If it's going to ring, it will probably be the moment you start playing a new game.

andthebeatgoeson

Nameless said:
I can probably beat all of you. Haven't played it since October. I'm not pressed to play anything else and it's become a glorified GTA4 and RE5 machine. I was thinking about wrapping it in saran wrap or something.

Double D

Nameless said:

I haven't really played my 360 that much lately, but it's mainly due to the awesomeness of MLB 08. It's actually a refurb I got about a month ago (launch 360 finally died), so I have to say I am a bit nervous.

guidop

Does this game get any better. I love GTA and I love
Ricky Gervais
.... yeah i'm pretty happy at the moment. I'd love if Rockstar did a ad with
Ricky Gervais
in it.

Nameless said:

That is why I have two 360s my friend. An elite and the new hdmi falcon. nothing is going to stop me from GTA IV

Dabanton

guidop said:
Does this game get any better. I love GTA and I love ______.... yeah i'm pretty happy at the moment. I'd love if Rockstar did a ad with _______ in it.

Lol i'd spoiler that little tidbit mate.

n1n9tean

Banned
So, I deliberately haven't been following all the news on this game ALL THAT CLOSELY (of course, I can't help but to keep up with it to a certain extent.....it's GTA). Am I correct in thinking that GTA IV has no form of on-the-same-console multiplayer? Splitscreen or otherwise (GTA SA)?

If not then I am a sad pooch; but, I will take whatever treats R* throws my way, anyhow.

Its so cool to hear that Ricky Gervais is gonna be in the game...cant wait to check out the comedy clubs! THE WAIT IS NOT GETTING ANY EASIER.

Top Bottom