• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Goldrusher

BenjaminBirdie said:
So much trouble in just one post.

Wait, what ? Are you talking about my post ?
Shortlist is a free tabloid. It's a not a scan, just a copy-paste of the article, on page 5 of the magazine freely available on their website.

Goldrusher said:
Shortlist is a free tabloid. It's a not a scan, just a copy-paste of the article, on page 5 of the magazine freely available on their website.

spoilerific for some people maybe?

Goldrusher said:

I meant, people had been spoilering it for pages now. Hard to spoiler tag that.

;D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow haven't been following the game very closely at all (getting it Day One of course) so I didn't know about that. holy shit that's amazing. can't wait to find out about all the other surprises.

Ah spoiler shmoiler, this is just casting. Come on this isn't Super Smash Bros. Would people feel like a movie was spoiled if someone mentioned who was cast?

Goldrusher

Every single screenshot, preview, review, interview, trailer, radio preview has spoilers.
Also, if you really don't want to be spoilered, what are you doing in the "official Grand Theft Auto IV thread" ?

chico

Goldrusher said:
Every single screenshot, preview, review, interview, trailer, radio preview has spoilers.
Also, if you really don't want to be spoilered, what are you doing in the "official Grand Theft Auto IV thread" ?

he has a point...

Goldrusher said:

It doesn't bother me at all, in fact the more I find out the better because I need something to tide me over. I was just noticing all the previous spoiler tags for that, and the article puts the info up in lights.

$1148 Jack said:
It doesn't bother me at all, in fact the more I find out the better because I need something to tide me over. I was just noticing all the previous spoiler tags for that, and the article puts the info up in lights.

Yeah, I don't give a shit personally. I'm spoilered out the wazz. I just thought it was quite funny.

Sylar

Banned
ONE MORE DAY TILL WE HEAR RADIO AUDIO ON O&A!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I just bought the game from bestbuy.com for instore pickup for....$10!!!!!

Thank you HD-DVD for failing!!!!!!!!!

BIG AAAAAAAAAAA!

notjackbauer said:
That's it, I'm outta here. I want to be surprised by SOMETHING. Cold turkey, starting....... now.
Ditto. The hype is suffocating.
Gervais
was a huge, awesome surprise to me and I'd like to still have some of those left for the 29th.

See you on the other side, guys ...

Sylar

Banned
Meh, I still think Burt Reynolds in Vice City was a bigger surprise.

I'm more excited to see who else is in the
comedy clubs
. Like mentioned before
Patrice O'Neil
was rumored to do some audio.

Sylar said:

I'm more excited to see who else is in the comedy clubs. Like mentioned before
Patrice O'Neil

I that's been all but confirmed. After his loving tribute to GTA on his show I'm hoping to see DAAAAAAAAAAVE Chappelle!!!

"Get me Chubby Checker!"

:lol

Fatbody

Sylar said:
ONE MORE DAY TILL WE HEAR RADIO AUDIO ON O&A!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I just bought the game from bestbuy.com for instore pickup for....$10!!!!!

Thank you HD-DVD for failing!!!!!!!!!

BIG AAAAAAAAAAA!
I hope they reenact the old lady hat removal in the game.

Sylar

Banned
OMG tommorrow is so long for the wait!

I so hope Lil Jimminy and Bobby and Burrrrrrrrr are in it too!

LINGER LONGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

we'll prob hear some of gervais audio tommorrow also, since he's friends wit da boyz. Also perhaps some Kevin Smith?!

MMaRsu

Sylar said:

I'm more excited to see who else is in the
comedy clubs
. Like mentioned before
Patrice O'Neil

That's not rumored that's a fact :)

Fatbody said:
I hope they reenact the old lady hat removal in the game.

I hope they reenact some Omar shit and have Playboy X's Aunt's Sunday Church Hat get shot off and then I go and shoot all of them in the face.

"I SWEAR TO GOD, YO, ON A SUNDAY MORNING."
"It's okee, Playboy. I'll take care of it. That wes a descracefol thing for them to do."

Dabanton

BenjaminBirdie said:
I hope they reenact some Omar shit and have Playboy X's Aunt's Sunday Church Hat get shot off and then I go and shoot all of them in the face.

"I SWEAR TO GOD, YO, ON A SUNDAY MORNING."
"It's okee, Playboy. I'll take care of it. That wes a descracefol thing for them to do."

:lol

Classic. Was just chuckling to myself about that scene yesterday. I really must rewatch that season.

Himuro said:
I'm going to say this right here and now. If you think something is a spoiler, please spoiler tag it. If it's something that people may want to discover themselves (Who the special someone is, what the hell the comedy club is for;etc) PLEASE spoiler tag it. I don't want to know. Others do not want to know.

Use spoiler tags for remotely surprising or easter egg-ish is now rule number 3. Have Fun is now rule number 4.

"Spell any Niko Dialogue Speculation in a comical manner" should be Rule Number 5.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nice thread, for some reason didn't notice it for 2 days. Shame on me.

Anyway.. no classical radio station? Or am I reading it wrong? The classical radio station in GTA III rocked absolute balls, especially when you were out performing Mafia missions. The only good thing about Saints Row? It had a decent classical radio station.

There would be nothing cooler than spraying some poor prick and his gang down with Beethoven's Ode to Joy blasting in the background.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I hate asking questions like this, as I like to think I'm more knowledgeable than this. Is the game going to be in stores on Tuesday or Wednesday. Usually most games are in stores a day after there supposed release date, but GTA4 seems like one that would be there on the 29th instead of the 29th just being the ship date.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Captain Pants said:
I hate asking questions like this, as I like to think I'm more knowledgeable than this. Is the game going to be in stores on Tuesday or Wednesday. Usually most games are in stores a day after there supposed release date, but GTA4 seems like one that would be there on the 29th instead of the 29th just being the ship date.

It's going to be at retailers two days before the 29th I believe.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
chubigans said:
It's going to be at retailers two days before the 29th I believe.

Thank you sir. I just found out that my Gamecrazy is doing a midnight launch, and I wanted to be sure of which night to show up.

Sylar

Banned
Bigger than SA? That's retarded. R* aren't stupid, they won't subsidize their profits by releasing a full game on one console as DLC for less than full price.

Doc Evils

Sylar said:
Bigger than SA? That's retarded. R* aren't stupid, they won't subsidize their profits by releasing a full game on one console as DLC for less than full price.

What should be noted is that this special edition magazine has been sponsored by Microsoft. There are advertisements for the Xbox 360 edition of GTA IV (with DLC) as well as other 360 games including Ninja Gaiden II and Lost Odyssey. In this context the comments by CVG sound suspiciously like advertorial - e.g. paid for editorial. If this is the case than CVG really should follow proper journalistic standards and clearly label the piece as such.

Take it as you will.

speedpop

No fucking classical radio station.

God fucking damn it.

I am going cold turkey on this game, absolutely zero hype yet I know it will be the game of '08 for me.

But for the love of god.. no fucking classical radio station!?

speedpop

Worked for Liberty City

*whimpers in a corner*

Any idea if we can play mp3s into the radio stations, ala PC versions?

hitoshi

speedpop said:
No fucking classical radio station.

God fucking damn it.

I am going cold turkey on this game, absolutely zero hype yet I know it will be the game of '08 for me.

But for the love of god.. no fucking classical radio station!?

In the absolutely sumptuous EDGE article last month Houser mentioned that his father is a real Jazz junkie - the Jazz station is the replacement. Don't be upset, it will satisfy your needs. (Ok, to be honest, I will really miss the Pavarotti pieces, but that's why custom soundtrack was invented)

Top Bottom