• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

raYne

Leonsito said:
Yeah, I really liked her.
Not me.
She was too accusatory. Constantly asking about criminals and gang members and equating every place we went to be a hangout for them and the people inside to be some. Sure you find out that it was her job, but still..

At least
Kiki
actually likes Niko.

Safe Bet

Banned
raYne said:
Not me.
She was too accusatory. Constantly asking about criminals and gang members and equating every place we went to be a hangout for them and the people inside to be some.
FUCK THAT BITCH!

Didn't like the new suit I bought and
left me with a
98% Like rating.

*furious fist waving*

raYne

Safe Bet said:
FUCK THAT BITCH!

Didn't like the new suit I bought and
left me with a
98% Like rating.

*furious fist waving*
:lol

I'm sorry I didn't get to put a bullet in her head. Revenge in dlc form. Make it happen Rockstar.

Are there any bulletproof, fireproof or damageproof cars hidden in this game? I already finished the game but I've been thinking about creating a new profile just so I can use cheats and make different decisions on who lives.

I OCD about the cars in the regard that now I have a SuperGT in my reserved parking, I am never going to touch it ever again, same with my Comet, now I've done the races I wanted to do, its just gonna stay there and look pretty.

I really wish it was done so that once you put it there, one would always spawn unless you replaced it, I just end up taking a taxi to missions and jacking something if I need to.

Its silly, you want the rare cars, but then when you do you realise they're too rare to risk losing in one of the missions. I especially hate the ones where you'll drive up in your new car, then you go have to drive a specific vehicle, so your car stays at the mission spawn and vanishes, or if you restart a missions you lose the ride you brought with you, even if the mission starts at the spot you parked it at.

Truelize said:
You can get that end game reward map at anytime. Just go to the internet in-game and enter "whattheydontwantyoutoknow.com"

All the weapon drops will show up on the map for you. I haven't tried it yet cause I bought the guide but they showed that a couple of days ago on Xplay.
And it doesn't effect achievements at all because it's not actually a cheat, just a secret.

Yeah, I know that. I thought he meant that he could access it in the pause menu.

j-wood

Could someone clear something up for me?

Are doing the things like Little Jacob's delivery missions, Roman's cab missions, and the vigilante missions required for 100%?

If so, how do you know how far you are? How much is needed? Are there rewards? I heard somewhere then when you clear the vigilante stuff, there is no reward.

raYne

Darkflight said:
I OCD about the cars in the regard that now I have a SuperGT in my reserved parking, I am never going to touch it ever again, same with my Comet, now I've done the races I wanted to do, its just gonna stay there and look pretty.

I really wish it was done so that once you put it there, one would always spawn unless you replaced it, I just end up taking a taxi to missions and jacking something if I need to.

Its silly, you want the rare cars, but then when you do you realise they're too rare to risk losing in one of the missions. I especially hate the ones where you'll drive up in your new car, then you go have to drive a specific vehicle, so your car stays at the mission spawn and vanishes, or if you restart a missions you lose the ride you brought with you, even if the mission starts at the spot you parked it at.
Anyone who's played any of the GTAs already knows that you never take any vehicle you want to keep to a mission for that very reason.

I maxed out all my parking spaces with the rare cars and only drive them to dates, stores and general screwing around after I already saved the game at the hideout.

If I want to use a rare car for anything risky, I just leave the island with mine and when I head back home to park it, the streets are lined with them. On Bohan particularly. So I just park mine nice and safe and take one of those.

j-wood said:
Could someone clear something up for me?

Are doing the things like Little Jacob's delivery missions, Roman's cab missions, and the vigilante missions required for 100%?

If so, how do you know how far you are? How much is needed? Are there rewards? I heard somewhere then when you clear the vigilante stuff, there is no reward.
Yes, and you know you're done because you either get an achievement or you can't do it anymore.

TTG

Are there any other clothing stores besides the first russian one you have to go to and the 2 Perseus stores? I haven't unlocked the final island yet, so I don't know if there are any there. I'm asking because I found a nice pair of shoes and pants, but the tops just aren't what I'm looking for. Everything is a horrible looking sweater/ski jacket or an equally bad looking suit. So ummm... where do I go to buy something nice to wear?

Jamesfrom818 said:
Are there any bulletproof, fireproof or damageproof cars hidden in this game? I already finished the game but I've been thinking about creating a new profile just so I can use cheats and make different decisions on who lives.
I don't think there is any :(

j-wood

raYne said:
Yes, and you know you're done because you either get an achievement or you can't do it anymore.

Crap. I only did like 2 cab drives for Roman, and I no longer have that option anymore from him. Does that mean I can't get 100%?

raYne

TTG said:
Are there any other clothing stores besides the first russian one you have to go to and the 2 Perseus stores? I haven't unlocked the final island yet, so I don't know if there are any there. I'm asking because I found a nice pair of shoes and pants, but the tops just aren't what I'm looking for. Everything is a horrible looking sweater/ski jacket or an equally bad looking suit. So ummm... where do I go to buy something nice to wear?
You do know that you have a map that comes witht the game that has all the store locations pointed out right? ;)

No clothing stores in Alderny, Dukes or Bohan. 3 in Algonquin, 1 in Broker. Plus you get various clothes from missions that you get to keep and things like visiting the Statue of Happiness gives you a tourist t-shirt etc.

I'm decked out with a black and while motorcycle jacket, a pair of really dark blue denim jeans and some full white sneakers that I stole from a hospital. :lol But you can buy those in some store in Algonquin.

raYne said:
Not me.
She was too accusatory. Constantly asking about criminals and gang members and equating every place we went to be a hangout for them and the people inside to be some. Sure you find out that it was her job, but still..

One time she asked me if I knew where she could buy some cocaine for a friend. I loled. Also I tend to like some of the sillier missions. I liked the one where you kidnapped the chick and she kept grabbing the wheel. I was literally so suprised I laughed out loud.

Salmonax

TTG said:
The middle-tier shop is called "Modo," and it's in Algonquin. But that's it - Russian Shop, Modo, and Perseus.

TTG

j-wood said:
Crap. I only did like 2 cab drives for Roman, and I no longer have that option anymore from him. Does that mean I can't get 100%?

I would think as long as you have 100% like and respect and mission progress from a friend, that should be enough. The only type of missions I ran out of to do so far, for a friend, is Bruie's racing. Or atleast he keeps telling me there are no races going on....

raYne

TTG said:
I would think as long as you have 100% like and respect and mission progress from a friend, that should be enough. The only type of missions I ran out of to do so far, for a friend, is Bruie's racing. Or atleast he keeps telling me there are no races going on....
Not really, sometimes there really is no racing going on. How many did you do?

It really does depend on where you call him from and what time it is.

Stoney Mason said:
One time she asked me if I knew where she could buy some cocaine for a friend. I loled. Also I tend to like some of the sillier missions. I liked the one where you kidnapped the chick and she kept grabbing the wheel. I was literally so suprised I laughed out loud.
Yeah, I was rolling during that
kidnapping
mission. The first time she
jerked the wheel
I was like, fuuuuuuck... :lol

Laughed even more when Niko
knocked her out.
:lol!

TTG

raYne said:
You do know that you have a map that comes witht the game that has all the store locations pointed out right? ;)

No clothing stores in Alderny, Dukes or Bohan. 3 in Algonquin, 1 in Broker. Plus you get various clothes from missions that you get to keep and things like visiting the Statue of Happiness gives you a tourist t-shirt etc.

I'm decked out with a black and while motorcycle jacket, a pair of really dark blue denim jeans and some full white sneakers that I store from a hospital. :lol But you can buy those in some store in Algonquin.

I was thinking there were some that weren't marked because the selection seems very limited compared to the other GTA games. Not that I spend so much time dressing up the guy, but I'm in the same shirt/jacket that I had on when I got off the boat and I've already unlocked the third island. Good to know that you get different shit from missions, I didn't think that would happen in this one as it's more "serious".

Leonsito

There is a number of races, you can see what you've done in the stats page.

Roman's cab missions are random or there is a specific number of missions too?

raYne

Opus Angelorum said:
I was just in a police chase and the police car was so damaged the driver got out, walked to a nearby parked car and commandeered it!
This happened when I was free roaming with UncleGuito a few days ago.

I stole a firetruck and followed him up some parking structure, spraying people with the hose all the way. When we made it to the top, he tried to push some lady over the edge, but alerted the cops. After screwing around with them for a while, he jumped in a car and tried to escape, but the cop jumped in the firetruck I brought up there and started chasing him. Then the other cop dragged some guy out of a sedan and started chasing him too!

All the time I'm laughing at all the action in the background.

so_awes

Banned
help me, plz.

i'm at the part where i have to pick between Dwayne or Playboy X. i turned off auto-save and i tried both. Kill Dwayne will get you $25,000 but you cut all tie with Playboy X. Kill Playboy X and you get his house but no money from Dwayne, but he'll stick with you.

i don't know which one to pick to advance through the game. is it a story changing decision by picking one over the other?? or it doesn't matter?

thanks

BeeDog

so_awes said:
help me, plz.

i'm at the part where i have to pick between Dwayne or Playboy X. i turned off auto-save and i tried both. Kill Dwayne will get you $25,000 but you cut all tie with Playboy X. Kill Playboy X and you get his house but no money from Dwayne, but he'll stick with you.

i don't know which one to pick to advance through the game. is it a story changing decision by picking one over the other?? or it doesn't matter?

thanks

Kill
Playboy X
. Don't think about the other option. After the deed, the choice won't affect the rest of the game except what reward you get.

raYne

so_awes said:
help me, plz.

thanks
Doesn't matter.

All that'll happen is if you take out Playboy, as you said, you get his house. But you also befriend Duayne and he'll eventually give you the perk of calling in his friends for help if you need it.

You don't get any perks from Playboy at all.
Neither affects the story.

raYne

firehawk12 said:
How do you unlock the Rocket Launcher in the shops?
I've done 73 missions and I still can't buy the damn thing.
People actually buy weapons in shops? Just get it from
Jacob

It's cheaper and he delivers. :D

Wizpig

You guys were talking about working for Roman: at the point where i am i can't work for him, dunno why =(
He can take me around with his cab service, but i can't work for him.

Explanations for this?

raYne

Darunia said:
damn I sure am tired, yeah there's no RL in jacob's trunk, sorry everyone. I imagine a lot of things
It's most definitely there for me.

Perhaps..
Teknoman said:
I dont see it yet. You can only get weapons from Jacob that you've used once right?
..this is correct?

womfalcs3

Banned
I decided to kill
Playboy X because I felt bad for Dwayne. Playboy was a bad "friend" for even thinking to kill him. Dwayne was in a state of depression.

Salmonax

Darunia said:
damn I sure am tired, yeah there's no RL in jacob's trunk
Which is really annoying. It'd be the single most valuable discount. Those things are pricey, particularly if you run out and have to buy the launcher again (oops).

I'm sure that this has already been mentioned, but the 100% club contest has been extended to 5/19. If I understand it correctly, if you 100% it within the next 10 days, you'll get the 'key to the city' trinket thing mailed to you.

Of course, the last time the Social Club updated my stats was like a week ago, so I'm not entirely convinced that this will go down smoothly.

raYne

Revengeance said:
I'm sure that this has already been mentioned, but the 100% club contest has been extended to 5/19. If I understand it correctly, if you 100% it within the next 10 days, you'll get the 'key to the city' trinket thing mailed to you.

Of course, the last time the Social Club updated my stats was like a week ago, so I'm not entirely convinced that this will go down smoothly.
Considering that I'll never ever get all the pigeons or have any motivation to do the jumps outside of actual gameplay use, I'll never be a part of that club.

:lol :/

I've also said it before, but it needs repeating. The whole social club thing has been a waste of time, so far.

Wizpig

Ok, no, no, something is not right.
Who the fuck is "Packie"?!

I found out NOW that APPARENTLY i can do missions for this guy and i have no clue of who he is.
Serious.
Where did he appear first, in which mission?

raYne

Wizpig said:
Ok, no, no, something is not right.
Who the fuck is "Packie"?!

I found out NOW that APPARENTLY i can do missions for this guy and i have no clue of who he is.
Serious.
Where did he appear first, in which mission?
Oh, he was there when you
first met Elizabeta.. (Patrick McCreary) The Irish guy.

As for the first mission with him, uhh.. can't remember.
Sniper support?

MMaRsu said:
what use is that key to the city shit anyway?
It's nothing in-game. Just some crap they mail to you so you can put in on your dresser. :lol

edit:
...and the Social Club still doesn't say that I've beaten the game. It's probably been a week now with daily GTA gaming since. Good job.. *golf clap*

Top Bottom