• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

raYne

test_account said:
Ah, holding the left analog stick back makes the boat go faster? I was holding it forwards. I will try to hold it backwards and see if i can get to the marker faster. Thanks for the help! :)
That's probably the mistake everyone's making. It's a boat, the splashing slows you down etc.

womfalcs3 said:
What's Zit and how do I take advantage of this feature?
Nothing that interesting.

If there's a song playing on the radio you call the Zit number (forgot what it was but it's advertised all over the place in the game. Such as on bus stops) and up uploads the name/song to the social club and you'll be able to buy it at amazon.

kaKOW

0oCLiGJhbC9MFQUbXVdRGEYyL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-UIYAQ==.jpg

Now hopefully that damn Social Club won't keep me from getting my little trinket

test_account

XP-39C²
raYne said:
That's probably the mistake everyone's making. It's a boat, the splashing slows you down etc.
True, but when i hold the left analog forward it seems that the boat are making less splashes. I assumed that this made the boat go faster. I use the classic (or whats it called?) controller setup where you accelerate with X etc. (i play the PS3 version), maybe there are some difference with holding the left analog stick forward or backwards then?

raYne

test_account said:
True, but when i hold the left analog forward it seems that the boat are making less splashes. I assumed that this made the boat go faster. I use the classic (or whats it called?) controller setup where you accelerate with X etc. (i play the PS3 version), maybe there are some difference with holding the left analog stick forward or backwards then?
It's seemingly making less splashes because you're digging the front into the water. Keeping the front of the boat elevated makes you go faster. You also shouldn't be making sharp turns for the same reason. All it does is slow you down...

kylej said:
Is this area from the first trailer in the final game or was it cut?

No clue, but I don't spent much time cruisin the coast. I'll grab a chopper next time I play and look out for it.

elseanio

test_account said:

It didn't make sense to me. All I know is I tried a countless number of times (posted in here for help too!) and after holding back all the way, got it first time..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
concerning the strip club...

i just sat through 3 lap dances, hilarious by the way, but now i seem to have hit a bug. niko is stuck sitting on the couch alone and he wont get up! embarrased by his chubby or an actual glitch? the girls are gone and i've been sitting here for a few minutes waiting for something (anything) to happen. its not frozen, as hes going through an idle animation, music is playing, and the start button still activates the pause menu, but nothing else works.

i'll have to reset i'm sure, but what exactly did i miss out on? do i get anything after the lesbo lap dance scene that i missed? in other words, is this worth repeating when i regain my stamina?

;)

raYne

op_ivy said:
concerning the strip club...

i just sat through 3 lap dances, hilarious by the way, but now i seem to have hit a bug. niko is stuck sitting on the couch alone and he wont get up! embarrased by his chubby or an actual glitch? the girls are gone and i've been sitting here for a few minutes waiting for something (anything) to happen. its not frozen, as hes going through an idle animation, music is playing, and the start button still activates the pause menu, but nothing else works.

i'll have to reset i'm sure, but what exactly did i miss out on? do i get anything after the lesbo lap dance scene that i missed? in other words, is this worth repeating when i regain my stamina?

;)
:lol No, you aren't missing anything.

keyrat

What do you guys think the chance is that undiscovered codes exist? I'm a bit disappointed there aren't dodo cars, riots, or extra gore.

Also, can someone tell me where the Liberty Swingers play? I haven't seen a stadium yet anywhere.

op_ivy

raYne said:
Yes, of course.. completions sake..

*shifty eyes*

i totally just completed all over my controller! *zing

having fun with this game. i still dont think it deserves anywhere near a 10 as it really is just GTA3/vice city/san andreas with a new coat of paint, but its entertaining, fun, and funny.

when does the story kick into full gear? i just unlocked the final island and every mission still seems to be a random hit on a random mob guys enemy...

BirdFlu

Banned
Trying to do the encounters for 100%. Anybody have any tips on what time of day to meet up with Brian for Part 3 of his mission? I've tried everything but I can't find him at the location at any time during the day

raYne

op_ivy said:
i totally just completed all over my controller! *zing
:lol
op_ivy said:
when does the story kick into full gear? i just unlocked the final island and every mission still seems to be a random hit on a random mob guys enemy...
In that case you really have nothing to look forward to until the end of the game. You'll be doing the mafia stuff for the entire time. :/

op_ivy

raYne said:
:lol

In that case you really have nothing to look forward to until the end of the game. You'll be doing the mafia stuff for the entire time. :/

but everyones been talking up the story so much?

i guess its just the characters? i like packie (but HATE his sister, shes gross) and of course brucie

raYne

BirdFlu said:
Trying to do the encounters for 100%. Anybody have any tips on what time of day to meet up with Brian for Part 3 of his mission? I've tried everything but I can't find him at the location at any time during the day
Did you do "The Master and the Molotov."? A quick google search says he won't show up until after you've completed it.

op_ivy said:
but everyones been talking up the story so much?
Yeah, well.. "everyone" has issues then. It all goes downhill after you leave the first island. Or, up in smoke as they say (I see what I did there).

op_ivy

raYne said:
Yeah, well.. "everyone" has issues then. It all goes downhill after you leave the first island. Or, up in smoke as they say (I see what I did there).

god damnit. spoil something awesome to keep me playing.

BirdFlu

Banned
raYne said:
Did you do "The Master and the Molotov."? A quick google search says he won't show up until after you've completed it.

Yeah, I've beaten the game. The only thing I have left to do is this encounter and the pidgeons. I'm baffled!

raYne

kylej said:
Is this area from the first trailer in the final game or was it cut?

Found it. East Coast of Alderny in Alderny City. Directly south of the hideout you get there.

edit:
No wonder I've never seen it. You really only go to this location three times in the game mission-wise. Once for a random character (at night time no less), another chasing people on a Most Wanted mission and on a Hitman mission. Even then, you only see the front of the building and that pic is of the rear. :lol

BirdFlu said:
Yeah, I've beaten the game. The only thing I have left to do is this encounter and the pidgeons. I'm baffled!
*shrugs* Dunno man. Are you sure you're in the right place? :x

There's probably a guide somewhere that tells you the exact time.

JCtheMC said:
So... has anyone found a parked Super GT yet?
I'm not sure there's a parked one out there.

I found mine by doing the vehicle missions from Stevie, and when I got to SuperGT, I drove it around my safehouse - eventually another one appeared - I jacked it, parked in the save spot, and went back to the original to complete the mission.

Oh, and the Infernus is 10x better than the Super GT

Chris R

could someone post a spoiler list of everything that needs to be completed for 100%

I'm going to finish the SP game over the weekend and want to get started on 100%ing the rest of the game... then the speed runs can begin :D :lol

raYne

keyrat said:
What do you guys think the chance is that undiscovered codes exist? I'm a bit disappointed there aren't dodo cars, riots, or extra gore.

Also, can someone tell me where the Liberty Swingers play? I haven't seen a stadium yet anywhere.
There's a baseball diamond in Meadows Park in Dukes

It even has "Home of the Swingers" on the scoreboards.

Oozer3993

BirdFlu said:

I had the same problem. From what I've read you have to wait an in game week between his 2nd and 3rd encounters. I went and finished Stevie's car pickups and went back and there he was.

From the Social Club:

WINNING ENTRANTS MUST (x) start and complete 100% of the Game during the contest period, (y) have access to the IV 100% CLUB data board on their personal gameplay statistics page by the end of the contest period;

Emphasis mine.

I'm going to be at 100% before Monday, but I'm not going to be able to enter the contest because the Social Club has not updated at all for me. F U Rockstar.

BirdFlu

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
I had the same problem. From what I've read you have to wait an in game week between his 2nd and 3rd encounters. I went and finished Stevie's car pickups and went back and there he was.

Ah, thanks!

kylej

Banned
pj325is said:
yeah i've been there

raYne said:
Found it. East Coast of Alderny in Alderny City. Directly south of the hideout you get there.

edit:
No wonder I've never seen it. You really only go to this location three times in the game mission-wise. Once for a random character (at night time no less), another chasing people on a Most Wanted mission and on a Hitman mission. Even then, you only see the front of the building and that pic is of the rear. :lol

Cool, I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

rhfb said:
could someone post a spoiler list of everything that needs to be completed for 100%

I used this thread

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32273/t1148563-100-completion-checklist-maps/

Really well compiled and easy to follow.

raYne

voltron said:
ok, where the fuck can I find a Comet?

Those things are ridiculous. There has to be somewhere where they spawn.
Going by the rest of the rare cars, not really. :lol

Rockstar's really stingy witht them this time around. That's why I grabbed all of them, park them at my hideouts and only drive the duplicates.

Toothpick

I can't seem to link my gamertag through the Social Club. I've been registered since 1st day. I've tried using IE and FF browser but I can never link it. Anyone else have this problem?

Smokey

Is there a map or anything around that shows all 14 or so bridges to cross with the helicopter to get the achievement. I've done it again for the 3rd time and nothing, and I'm convinced I'm missing one...yet I have no clue where it is. I've studied the freakin' strat guide map for it and I can't find it..at all.

raYne

Spent 3 in-game (thanks to the time skip) days reversing in and out of the Pay N Spray just to get the color Corvette I want. White with the red stripe that you hardly ever see anyone driving.

Once again, good job Rockstar. Kudos.

voltron

Smokey Bones said:
Is there a map or anything around that shows all 14 or so bridges to cross with the helicopter to get the achievement. I've done it again for the 3rd time and nothing, and I'm convinced I'm missing one...yet I have no clue where it is. I've studied the freakin' strat guide map for it and I can't find it..at all.

Its really easy... just look on the in-game map for bridges that go over water.

I bet you missed one on the west island.... you know where the water goes in that little canal? Theres a really tough one there that I actually fucked up on my first attempt and landed in the water. Its really low.

As far as the cars go... Ive got all the good cars stored at my safe-houses.... all except the damn Comet!! And you never see them!

Where's a good place to find moored boats? I know you can snipe boat drivers and then jack them, but are there any places where they actually spawn?

Struct09

My Social Club data hasn't updated in about a week. It still thinks I haven't finished the story :-/ Hopefully Rockstar sorts that shit out before Monday.

voltron

endlessflood said:
Where's a good place to find moored boats? I know you can snipe boat drivers and then jack them, but are there any places where they actually spawn?

Yeah quite a few actually.

Try this:

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Also I may have found out where a comet spawns without cheating.... In the car park next to the Algonquin bowling alley. There is a Burger Shot and Swingers Golf club there. I just checked but there wasnt one there.... although I am on a mission. Ill try again later.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
HOLY SHIT at the frustration and tediousness that the
If the Price is Right
mission just put me through!!!!!!!!! It took over 20 attempts before I completed it!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No mid-mission checkpoints are the devil! The things I would do to rockstar if I got my hands on them :lol:

isamu said:
HOLY SHIT at the frustration and tediousness that the
If the Price is Right
mission just put me through!!!!!!!!! It took over 20 attempts before I completed it!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No mid-mission checkpoints are the devil! The things I would do to rockstar if I got my hands on them :lol:
The fact that you are playing through this game without auto-aim is pretty impressive. I got pretty far but I felt it reached a point where I needed it. Well done.

voltron said:
Yeah quite a few actually.

Try this:

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Also I may have found out where a comet spawns without cheating.... In the car park next to the Algonquin bowling alley. There is a Burger Shot and Swingers Golf club there. I just checked but there wasnt one there.... although I am on a mission. Ill try again later.
Yeah, I don't trust that map so didn't bother checking it. I used it for vehicles initially and found that a lot of the submissions were wrong; hopefully they've fixed that. People were obviously mistaking the 'random parked cars based off what you're driving' for true vehicle spawns.

Oozer3993

Toothpick said:
I can't seem to link my gamertag through the Social Club. I've been registered since 1st day. I've tried using IE and FF browser but I can never link it. Anyone else have this problem?

Make sure you're signed out of Windows Live before trying to link your gamertag. Go to login.live.com and sign out in the upper right hand corner if it shows an account summary. Hope that helps.

kylej said:
My 100% Club status still says 74% even though I hit 100% on Monday.

Yeah, mine too. Someone from a GTA Forum (which I won't link for safety reasons ala don't want to be banned) e-mailed Rockstar about it and apparently they're having server trouble.
Relinking gamertags won't help the situation, you can just wait it out and take a picture of your completed game and hopefully they'll honor it if you really want that key.

P.S. Does anyone know if you can get the knuckle weight-lifting type gloves seen in official screens. I haven't looked @ MODO, but some of the things in the stores have eluded me in the past so.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
BobFromPikeCreek said:
The fact that you are playing through this game without auto-aim is pretty impressive. I got pretty far but I felt it reached a point where I needed it. Well done.

Thanks man that's appreciated. I'm determined not to turn it on at all. Just takes away from the skill needed to win the gunfights. I DO get tempted to activate the health cheats though :lol , but nah, I won't give in(hopefully).

Top Bottom