• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BenjaminBirdie said:
*cries*

*returns to watching stream*

*looks at Niko's hat*

*laughs*

I did get out of control there for a second though; it had nothing to do with the 360 more than the fact that the PS3 didn't get a poor port, for once. So happy. :D

THE BROTHERHOOD CONTINUES!

chubigans said:
I did get out of control there for a second though; it had nothing to do with the 360 more than the fact that the PS3 didn't get a poor port, for once. So happy. :D

THE BROTHERHOOD CONTINUES!

Luckily we'll all have a giant city in which to vent our frustrations at whatever happens to be bothering us, all in high definition realism in just a matter of days.

(Oooh, that reminds me. I hope NIN's "Survivalism" is on a radio station. That'd be fucking ace.)

OmegaRed

To those who have played, does this game offer a transportation system? I know we can hail cabs, but what about subways, et cetera.

OmegaRed said:
To those who have played, does this game offer a transportation system? I know we can hail cabs, but what about subways, et cetera.

There are subways. It's possible even helicopters might be chartered if you don't fly them yourselves, but I'm not 100% on that.

BenjaminBirdie said:
There are subways. It's possible even helicopters might be chartered if you don't fly them yourselves, but I'm not 100% on that.

EDIT: Shit, I cant read. lol

I havent seen a chopper that can be chartered yet. I'll try to find out.

Francias Castiglione said:
Writable discs are definitely not all equal.
How's your pirate 360 version holding up Gubble?

Is the framerate and pop-in as bad as shown in all those videos of the pirate release?

Rockstar have surprised me, I haven't noticed any framerate hiccups or pop-in with the retail PS3 version in my two hours of exploring.

I can't get the game to go into 1080p, maybe a bug?

MercuryLS

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
How's your pirate 360 version holding up Gubble?

Is the framerate and pop-in as bad as shown in all those videos of the pirate release?

Rockstar have surprised me, I haven't noticed any framerate hiccups or pop-in with the retail PS3 version in my two hours of exploring.

I can't get the game to go into 1080p, maybe a bug?

The framerate is solid on the X360 version, pop-in is noticeable (mainly with textures).

Jesus I can't wait anymore for this game. One more week!

MMaRsu said:
FFS keep that system wars bullshit OUT of this thread man.
Just wondering, why didn't you say that when Ariexv posted his ridiculously stupid chart? This guy has been flamebaiting every thread for weeks but you were only annoyed enough to reply by indie85's responce.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
No one in my list is playing it yet, too many Euro's in my list :p

I just made this avatar, but since the cat is pretty popular if someone already has it pls pm me and ill make another one.

MMaRsu

fortified_concept said:
Jesus I can't wait anymore for this game. One more week!

Just wondering, why didn't you say that when Ariexv posted his ridiculously stupid chart? This guy has been flamebaiting every thread for weeks but you were only annoyed enough to reply by indie85's responce.

Oh that chart thing? Because it's right and I hoped it would stop all the questions about which version to get :p.

kitch9

Banned
psycho_snake said:
Getting pissed? That sounds fun! How does it work?

Ring your mrs to go out for a date, then pick her up and take her to a venue on the map, there's various bars, bowling, darts, comedy clubs etc.

I took her to a bar and you end up falling out of there hammered and you have to drive her home and its near impossible to drive. If the coppers see you swerving all over the road they chase you.

Awesome.

nofi

Doc Evils said:
Y eah I just noticed that too.:lol

It's really, really good.

Well, I'm taking a bath just now, but it's good. Just not good enough to make me wanna go outside stinking.

Steroyd

nofi said:
It's really, really good.

Well, I'm taking a bath just now, but it's good. Just not good enough to make me wanna go outside stinking.

Well if it isn't THAT good...

*crosses* off wanted list.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yoboman said:
I hate to be fickle. But why are there seven GTA threads on the front page when we have an Official one?

-One is gameplay feeds which people don't want to see
-Another is console wars, which this thread doesnt need.
-Another is a review thread of the first official exclusive thingy, which was needed.

Not sure about the others. :p

Yoboman

chubigans said:
-One is gameplay feeds which people don't want to see
-Another is console wars, which this thread doesnt need.
-Another is a review thread of the first official exclusive thingy, which was needed.

Not sure about the others. :p
Okay. Your console war one is fine (even though there are two of those now). We can discuss videos and reviews in here though, or at least make an all-in-one review thread out of the IGN one.

Surfheart

Bojanglez said:
Yep I think it will be a big factor. My friend has the 360 version (via methods we do not talk about here) and the first thing he mentioned was that there was a lot of pop-in and framerate issues. So first thing on Tuesday he is going to buy the PS3 Bundle, if this anecdote is anything to go by I think Pachter might be right in GTA driving PS3 hardware. A guy that normally doesn't often pay for games, is playing £300 just for GTA.

I never saw pop-in or framerate issues to the levels being desribed here. Unless you are searching that stuff out deliberately, it's totally a non issue imo.

edit: it's not even close to the sort of issues Mass Effect had for example.

MMaRsu

Yoboman said:
Okay. Your console war one is fine (even though there are two of those now). We can discuss videos and reviews in here though, or at least make an all-in-one review thread out of the IGN one.

Nah some people don't want to see any footage at all before they start playing. And the IGN thread is already fucked.

Take this up with mods dude.

kylej

Banned
Yoboman said:
I hate to be fickle. But why are there seven GTA threads on the front page when we have an Official one?

It's the biggest game of the year on one of the largest gaming messageboards in the world. It's going to have a few threads.

Raist

Banned
Heh

UNE_2008_04_26.jpg

This is one of France's biggest news paper.

Basically says

The World's Biggest Video Game
GTAIV's worldwide release is set for this tuesday. Violent, amoral and addictive, it could be the biggest sellling entertainment product in the world.

And the article about the China-Tibet negociations is relegated to page 6. Shitstorm incoming.

I hope I don't get banned for this scan :x

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Stop with the whining about multiple threads. All-encompassing megathreads to the exclusion of all others, for unreleased games especially, are incredibly stupid. Each one has a purpose, and GTAIV is big enough to warrant the attention.

painey

my game is coming monday but im not sure what to do.. i want to play it monday but i dont know what is going on with this rockstar social club bullshit.. i dont want to lose all my stats because i played it a day early

Yoboman

EviLore said:
Stop with the whining about multiple threads. All-encompassing megathreads to the exclusion of all others, for unreleased games especially, are incredibly stupid. Each one has a purpose, and GTAIV is big enough to warrant the attention.
But seven threads? Don't we usually have a non-spoiler thread, spoiler-thread (and maybe a stupid fanboy discussion in this instance)

U K Narayan said:
Okay.

Ah, okay.

I just ordered the Xbox 360 Collector's Edition of this.

Am I stupid? (Y/N)

Dinosaurs did have small brains. And ate their own feces

painey said:
my game is coming monday but im not sure what to do.. i want to play it monday but i dont know what is going on with this rockstar social club bullshit.. i dont want to lose all my stats because i played it a day early

same with me,im getting the game Monday for the ps3, this sounds lame but is it sfe to play the thing without them thinking its a pirated copy even though you cant pirate ps3 games.

Shins

Banned
Yoboman said:
But seven threads? Don't we usually have a non-spoiler thread, spoiler-thread (and maybe a stupid fanboy discussion in this instance)
How will you avoid the four others!
ahh%21.gif

Whiniest bunch of whiners that ever whined.

newsguy

Sectus said:
Really? Did you play the PS3 or 360 version of the game? It was the 360 version of the game I tried and I swear that the framerate is a mess. I'm fanatical about framerates in games so it's something I notice right away.

I suppose people who don't mind the blur will enjoy the graphics in GTA4. I personally found it extremely annoying.

I played the retail 360 copy. When is the last time you played Saint's Row? I put it in recently because of the anticipation for this game, and the framerate (and awful screen tear) are in different leagues. Seriously, these 2 games should not be mentioned in the same sentence. If the framerate did drop, I wasn't able to notice it. To me, the blur in single player is not an issue. It's so far off in the distance that you would have to really look to be bothered by it. Now, I will say that the distance between you and the blur decreases quite a bit online. It was jarring at first when in a chopper for sure.

Top Bottom