• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

The Chef

chubigans said:
Haha, I'm actually crying about five pages right now.

This game is messing with my mind:

gtawp.png

How on earth did that happen. :lol

:lol :lol :lol Classic

Darkman M

GTA SA>GTA 3>>Gta VC although overall gta vc was a better game then GTA 3 i just prefered the liberty city atmosphere more then the 80's VC one. GTA games get better with each one imo so i can see GTA IV taking the crown from the looks of it.

Eric WK

Himuro said:
Sounds like Vice City then. In Vice City you didn't have a garage at the beginning. You had to explore a bit, find an apartment or house that has a garage, save some money, and buy it. But then, GTAIV doesn't have property buying.

Perhaps parking is persistent?

dedhead54

Darkman M said:
GTA SA>GTA 3>>Gta VC although overall gta vc was a better game then GTA 3 i just prefered the liberty city atmosphere more then the 80's VC one. GTA games get better with each one imo so i can see GTA IV taking the crown from the looks of it.

I totally disagree.

GTA3 > GTA:VC > GTA:SA

And there's definitely a parking spot for 2 cars outside your hideout. You can see it in the IGN Video Review when Niko walks downstars and out the door.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
GTA 3 is a LOT better than San Andreas to me. I never played VIce City, because i was still playing GTA 3 just before it came out and was kind of played out on the Grand Theft thing.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Himuro said:
Sounds like Vice City then. In Vice City you didn't have a garage at the beginning. You had to explore a bit, find an apartment or house that has a garage, save some money, and buy it. But then, GTAIV doesn't have property buying.

I remember reading in one of the previews that some save spots would just have a parking spot outside instead of the traditional garage, but that it would still work like a garage.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I honestly don't know where to put VC. It had the middle ground between everything. The grit of III and the over the topness of SA. Right in the middle there. and it was a total rip-off/'homage' to 80s action films. I don't know how to rank them really. They're all totally different games to me.

Narcosis

Captain Pants said:
I remember reading in one of the previews that some save spots would just have a parking spot outside instead of the traditional garage, but that it would still work like a garage.

Hmmm...except some random NPC can probably just walk up and steal your shit :lol

That would suck, especially if IV features some mission specific invincible cars since those can be a pain in the ass to get. I still remember pushing one of the cars from the El Burro race in GTA3 all the way to my starting garage with a firetruck just so I could get the garage door to close on it and unlock the doors. It took me about 30-40 minutes to do that, but the payoff was sweet as I could mow down mafiosos and triads in drive by style without fear of their bullets.

dedhead54

Narcosis said:
Hmmm...except some random NPC can probably just walk up and steal your shit :lol

That would suck, especially if IV features some mission specific invincible cars since those can be a pain in the ass to get. I still remember pushing one of the cars from the El Burro race in GTA3 all the way to my starting garage with a firetruck just so I could get the garage door to close on it and unlock the doors. It took me about 30-40 minutes to do that, but the payoff was sweet as I could mow down mafiosos and triads in drive by style without fear of their bullets.

Hahaha the El Burro race!!! I definitely pushed one of those cars all the way back to my hideout as well. Took many tries because I kept getting stuck places where I just had to start over.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man taking a hooker out for a "ride" is very hardcore, i dunno if you guys have seen any videos of it but is pretty much like the real thing except without any nudity, that is sure to cause outrage in foxnews :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gexecuter said:
Man taking a hooker out for a "ride" is very hardcore, i dunno if you guys have seen any videos of it but is pretty much like the real thing except without any nudity, that is sure to cause outrage in foxnews :lol
It's probably a big FU to the ESRB, since Hot Coffee wasn't even that explicit.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
III has the best missions, perhaps the best, most original characters. Everyone has fond feelings for this one, for obvious reasons. the city itself is the most original of the 3. this is the base, core, GTA experience

VC has the purest nostalgia, the greatest recreation of the 80s I know of. Great cosumte design, nice variety, good missions, good characters. it didn't have it all, but it had enough. it expanded without being something totally different. the middle ground.

Sa is the big kahuna. the blowout party. everything must go sale. it has excellent and terrible ideas side by side. I love the state aspect. so much to do, so much to explore. I never had a problem with the long drives to faraway places - I could feel the effort. If you put something like that with GTAIv's engine, you'd be truly impressed. Still though, the expanse, the excess, the flatout of balls to the walls design, nothing left on the cutting room floor. I appreciate that thinking. there may have been too much to do at once (do all these missions AND keep your RPG elements in check?) but god damnit, they did it anyways. That's what I love about SA.

so yea, that's my stance. I love'em all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I am now ready for this game (and a bunch of others) with my new 37" 1080p LG TV :D WHOA, puuuurtty graphix. I can read the PS3 internet interface now!

Eric WK

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Pal Land has it. (Spain game copy)
Here is my copy.:D

Awesome manual, the adverts are genius.

Quality pics. Do you think you could take similar ones of each side of the map when you get a chance? I think many of us would really appreciate it.

Eric WK said:
Quality pics. Do you think you could take similar ones of each side of the map when you get a chance? I think many of us would really appreciate it.

Here you have ;)

P4261065.jpg

P4261066.jpg

Manual:

NSFW

P4261070.jpg

Goldrusher said:
How is the spine ? The usual white with black text ? Or themed, like NTSC games and apparently the UK edition ?

Themed, much better IMO

Tieno

For everyone who pre-ordered at videogamesplus.ca

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 UPDATE

Due to the high number of preorders we have received for GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 we have already begun processing all orders. All customers who have chosen the Preorder Now Pay Later Option will begin being charged tommorrow Sunday Apr 26/08 to ensure no delay in shipping out of parcels. We will not be accepting anymore preorder cancellations after 6pm eastern time today. Thanks to all who preordered this highly anticipated title with us.

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2008/04/grand-theft-auto-4-update.html

Top Bottom