• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Dascu

billy.sea said:
This coming the day before RE5???
I want both games, but so far this caught my attention little more.
Hope they don't hurt each other's sale.
Haven't you seen the news reel? Capcom's going bankrupt.

480i only? Aww man that sucks, it's probably gonna show up really badly too since it's all in black and white :(

Not a deal killer though, still can't wait for the game :D

windfish

seriously this game can not come soon enough! i have done my pre orders, and now there is nothing i can do but wait! ...its killing me from the inside :[

btw AAA Thread!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't afford this day one (I just bought SFIV and KZ2, and RE5 is right around the corner), but I'll definitely be picking it up very soon after launch if I can't scrounge together enough moola for it.

The game looks so freaking good. I just hope, as a friend of mine pointed out, that it's not too easy. Have there been any reports on the difficulty?

<3 Platinum Games

Eteric Rice

Rez said:
I can't afford this day one (I just bought SFIV and KZ2, and RE5 is right around the corner), but I'll definitely be picking it up very soon after launch if I can't scrounge together enough moola for it.

The game looks so freaking good, I just hope, as a friend of mine pointed out, that it's not too easy. Have their been any reports on the difficulty?

IGN says the video we've seen was from the first level, it gets a lot harder as you go.

Or something.

Dascu

Rez said:
The game looks so freaking good. I just hope, as a friend of mine pointed out, that it's not too easy. Have their been any reports on the difficulty?
Well, it's definitely not going to be Ninja Gaiden-levels of difficulty. The gameplay wouldn't work that way. I'd say the bosses should be pretty challenging, and the normal enemy AI to get pretty hard too on the later levels. It's really all about getting the most rewarding kills, not about being killed yourself.

birdchili

Rez said:
any reports on the difficulty?
my general read from the previews is: grunts are easy and gameplay is more about facilitating rapid point accumulation rather than worrying about death (you'll have to play longer if you're not killing "creatively").

bosses are sometimes quite tough.

Haunted

MadworldArk4.gif

:eek:

TripOpt55

Great Thread. I forgot this was coming so soon. My brother really wants this. I may get this for him for his birthday (the 22nd). He hasn't really played a single-player Wii game since No More Heroes.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
windfish said:
Iam glad some of you like my new Avatar :) thx

I think unnecessarily cruel and uncalled for, whaddya think of them apples?

Obviously kidding, it's awesome. I wish I could draw blood in Photoshop D:

kaskade

I have my copy preorded from amazon during the 40 price point. I can't wait to play it, I can't remember the last time I was excited for a Wii game.

Flakster99

Excellent OP. /clap
Day motherfucking one.

This generation is maturing quite nicely I might add. We're at the half-way point, or about, and I find myself drowning in a large number of games to purchase, from every console/handheld's standpoint. Glad to see things picking up quality wise.

kaskade

Does anyone know when the review embargo goes up on this game? I already have it pre-ordered I just want to see some reviews.

Shiggie

Volcynika said:
Not sure if it's posted, but X-Play (on in about 30 minutes) is taking an All Access look at the game. I'll watch it!
I saw it. It was just an interview and no new info/video.

Awesome work on the OP!

I would have preferred a different title though, the black and white and red all over feels played out to me. But I'll deal.

But when I click the thread I will only see:

The Official MADWORLD Thread of LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
timetokill said:
Awesome work on the OP!

I would have preferred a different title though, the black and white and red all over feels played out to me. But I'll deal.

But when I click the thread I will only see:

The Official MADWORLD Thread of LET'S GO LET'S GO Y'ALL

FTFY

TreIII

That was awesome, Dascu. :D

Any way, I'm definitely going to be a day 1'er here. Hell, I think I pre-ordered this sucker as soon as pre-orders opened months ago. Hopefully my pals at the GStop I pre-ordered at, might be able to hook a bruh up....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If anybody still hasn't preordered yet, GameStop's now doing their standard Power Trade deal with it. Basically you get 20% extra trade in credit for any games you bring in as long as you apply that credit to MadWorld.

For those of you who already preordered, this could mean that GameStop actually expects the game to do pretty well, since usually only the biggest, most popular games become Power Trades. It could also be a result of Sega's insane GameStop marketing strategy, but good news either way, right?

ZealousD said:
If anybody still hasn't preordered yet, GameStop's now doing their standard Power Trade deal with it. Basically you get 20% extra trade in credit for any games you bring in as long as you apply that credit to MadWorld.

For those of you who already preordered, this could mean that GameStop actually expects the game to do pretty well, since usually only the biggest, most popular games become Power Trades.

Thanks for the info, man. I might actually do this....if i can find something I want to part with.

Top Bottom