• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Dascu

20kvi8x.jpg

Frits, is this supposed to be a MadWorld avatar, or is the black/white and red just a coincidence? I'll add it to the OP if you want.

Fritz

Dascu said:
20kvi8x.jpg

Frits, is this supposed to be a MadWorld avatar, or is the black/white and red just a coincidence? I'll add it to the OP if you want.

Very subtle, but yes. Would be sweet, if you could add it!

KevinCow

Banned
TwinIonEngines said:
Can someone splash some red on my avatar? It's giving me fits trying to do it in GIMP.
twinionengines.gif

What issue were you having? If it was turning gray when you tried to use red, it's because the color mode was set to Indexed instead of RGB. Basically what that means is that it has a limited color palette, and if you try to use a color that's not on that color palette, it just finds the nearest neighbor.

Christine

KevinCow said:
twinionengines.gif

What issue were you having? If it was turning gray when you tried to use red, it's because the color mode was set to Indexed instead of RGB. Basically what that means is that it has a limited color palette, and if you try to use a color that's not on that color palette, it just finds the nearest neighbor.

I thought that might have been it, but I couldn't figure how to go back to RGB.

turtleobama-1.png

Does anyone know how to make good blood effects? I don't want it to look like I wanna kill the guy, but I want dark red blood on Obama's left cheek (his left).

[it was the last post on the last page so here it is again in case you missed it.]

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Eteric Rice said:
Someone MADWORLD my avatar, and make the part around Joker's mouth red. :D

23syk5k.jpg

ChoklitReign said:
turtleobama-1.png

Does anyone know how to make good blood effects? I don't want it to look like I wanna kill the guy, but I want dark red blood on Obama's left cheek (his left).

[it was the last post on the last page so here it is again in case you missed it.]

I tried, but I couldn't come up with anything that I was really satisfied with. I know the game is explicitly black and white but I don't think that taking a normal photo and turning it explicitly black and white works all that well.

windfish

ChoklitReign said:
turtleobama-1.png

i dont know, same as ZealousD... i tried but iam not quite happy with it
buymadworld.png

windfish

plank said:
First 7/10 review, every one in this thread is gonna bailout.gif.
we should know by now, it is obvious they just want to be different, before someone else goes with that score!!
edit: if there ever will be such a review of course...

Dascu

Frencherman said:
Why don't you post a source?
On closer reading, I think he means that everyone is going to "bail out" if a 7/10 review hits.

Which it won't.

Since MadWorld will only get 10/10.

Or else the reviewer is biased and fat.

Dascu said:
On closer reading, I think he means that everyone is going to "bail out" if a 7/10 review hits.

Which it won't.

Since MadWorld will only get 10/10.

Or else the reviewer is biased and fat.

GiantBomb to be the only source to give it below a 10, confirmed.

Vinci

Danish
I'm expecting more 8's.

EDIT: 'more,' of course, referencing the series of 8s in the review scores for Wii lately.

Dascu

Vinci said:
I'm expecting more 8's.

EDIT: 'more,' of course, referencing the series of 8s in the review scores for Wii lately.
I don't think there's any score systems that rank games out of /8, Vinci.

Unless of course you mean the game will get 8/5 or something. That would be a bit too optimistic, IMO.

Vinci

Danish
Dascu said:
I don't think there's any score systems that rank games out of /8, Vinci.

Unless of course you mean the game will get 8/5 or something. That would be a bit too optimistic, IMO.

HAHA - Well, I have high expectations.

KevinCow

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Requesting mine again. I'm thinking black and white with red on the rice should do it, but then again I'm a moron.
regulustera2.gif

Though if you ask me, it looks better slowed down and with the first frame removed.

regulustera.gif
regulustera3.gif

darkvir

watched the cinematic opening trailer on youtube.

was freakin fantastic, I really liked the tunes. when the mayor started talking, it had matsuno style conspiracy written all over!

i think its time to go into media blackout.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Taxman said:
Man they are spoiling so many cool bosses in all these trailers.

Thanks for the warning. I've been trying to go on media blackout with mixed results.

Top Bottom