• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Foob

Ok, umm...I just popped the game in and I can't do any moves. He just keeps doing like a chainsaw uppercut nonstop, and I can't do anything but a backflip. I've tried restarting a dozen times; anyone know what to do?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Linkzg said:
Just got this in the mail

excuse the poor picture quality due to old camera and poor resizing

Wait, what? Congratulating you on the ad you made?

Did Platinum Games send you guys fucking t-shirts for your awesome work?

Holy fucking shitsticks.

markatisu

Foob said:
Ok, umm...I just popped the game in and I can't do any moves. He just keeps doing like a chainsaw uppercut nonstop, and I can't do anything but a backflip. I've tried restarting a dozen times; anyone know what to do?

Have you passed the tutorial stage? If not you wont be able to do any moves unless you follow exactly what you are being told to do

You cannot just go apeshit because the tutorial stage will last forever with enemies respawning till you meet every goal that you are told to meet

Foob

markatisu said:
Have you passed the tutorial stage? If not you wont be able to do any moves unless you follow exactly what you are being told to do

There's some guy telling me to hit A, but I can't hit A or move or anything because I'm stuck in this uppercut loop.

pakkit

Banned
It sounds like it's your controller. If it isn't that either return it to the retailer, or, if they won't give you a new copy, talk to SEGA/Platinum Games about it.

Foob

Yeah, I was thinking it's the controller, but it doesn't seem to be having any issues otherwise. It works fine in the wii menu and everything else, but I'll have to try it with a friends controller later.

markatisu

Foob said:
There's some guy telling me to hit A, but I can't hit A or move or anything because I'm stuck in this uppercut loop.

Have you tried resynching your wiimote? Does it mess up in any other games

Besides a wiimote or connection issue I have no idea because the game does not force you do anything unless you are moving the wiimote. Meaning Jack cannot do uppercuts on his own unless you are motioning for him to do so while pressing A

sonicmj1

Foob said:
Yeah, I was thinking it's the controller, but it doesn't seem to be having any issues otherwise. It works fine in the wii menu and everything else, but I'll have to try it with a friends controller later.

Well, it wouldn't have any problems in the Wii menu.

The Uppercut is controlled by swinging the Wiimote vertically. The backflip is done by shaking the Nunchuck. If you're doing those over and over, your Wiimote is registering motion over and over.

If you have any other games that have actions controlled by motions, check that out to see if the controller is the problem.

Foob

I'll be honest, I don't know how to resynch my wiimote, but I'll try and figure out how to do that.

As for the backflip thing, I am manually doing a backflip, that's just the one move that I can actually perform. I'll check out another game, though.

markatisu

Foob said:
I'll be honest, I don't know how to resynch my wiimote, but I'll try and figure out how to do that.

Take the battery cover off your wiimote and you will see a red button, open your your Wii's SD card slot and you will see a red button. Push the Wii's red button and then the controllers red button and they should reconnect and establish a new signal

So when the game starts and you begin the tutorial are you uppercutting automatically?

JEKKI

I beat it. It was awesome, best 3 hours ever.

camera still sucks tho, regardless I would definitely be interested in seeing expert play videos hit the youtube soon.

also in one of the final cutscenes, Amala gets off her chair and u see her bend over, and I'm like damn she gots a real nice arse.

Roelatie

wackojackosnose said:
Anyone have the PAL version yet?

Is there an update on the disc? And does it interfere with the Homebrew Channel?
i got it!

There is a update
I dont know if it crashes your homebrew channel. :D

jts

...hate me...
Shit, almost forgot about that! How do I do to stay on the safe side? Goddamit homebrew hippies that convinced me to hack the console :mad:

wackojackosnose said:
Anyone have the PAL version yet?

Is there an update on the disc? And does it interfere with the Homebrew Channel?

Yup I have PAL, and there is indeed an update for the game.

No idea if it affects Homebrew, I don't have that installed.

What I do know, however, is that the game is 50HZ only. Arggghh!! Fucking shitty.

(Awesome game though)

Hmm.....

Shit, it's on it's way from the post.

I'd have cancelled it if I knew it was going to be an unoptimized mess, which is a shock since all the Sega games I've picked up over the last few years have had a 60hz option. I think I'll wait for the opinions of the PAL version before opening it and if they're bad I'll just send it back to Amazon. :/

Well it plays fine, but then I've not seen the US version to see if it runs slow (it doesn't feel slow). But, it IS 50hz which hurts my eyes, and it does have borders.

It is odd for it not to have a 60hz option as its SEGA, but then it isn't really SEGA is it.. You'd think Platinum Games would know better than to give Europe a shit version of their new game.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
KennyLinder said:
Yup I have PAL, and there is indeed an update for the game.

No idea if it affects Homebrew, I don't have that installed.

What I do know, however, is that the game is 50HZ only. Arggghh!! Fucking shitty.

(Awesome game though)

What about 480p/widescreen?

Feindflug

kamorra said:
What about 480p/widescreen?

No 480p but it has 16:9 support...though it seems that is only 576i/50Hz with black boarders in the PAL version.

All these impressions from the PAL version brought back all the horrible memories of the PAL version of DMC..hopefully the "only 50Hz" bs doesn't affect the game's speed.

WTF Platinum Games? :(

If it was PAL60hz then it wouldn't be a major problem, but the very fact that it doesn't even support that is very bad. It looks nasty and flickery on a LCD HDTV it will be proper fucking ugly.

Are the devs going to do another Q+A session again? It would be worth bringing this up, because its terrible that a game shipping in 2009 doesn't support 60hz.

kamorra said:
Oh, that's bad. Wont buy. ;(
Dont let that steer you off...the game really does pull it off masterfully. If it were a gameplay issue, well, thats a different matter....proscan really isnt an issue. The game looks like its in pro to the point where you could fool someone. Dont know how they did it, but they did it.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
abstract alien said:
Dont let that steer you off...the game really does pull it off masterfully. If it were a gameplay issue, well, thats a different matter....proscan really isnt an issue. The game looks like its in pro to the point where you could fool someone. Dont know how they did it, but they did it.

I'm sure this is all true but 50hz games look horrible on my HDTV. Without 480p I also get some nasty geometry problems which are not existent in the progressive modes.

Disguises

Photo03201047.jpg

Got my t-shirt! Apparently the game here only had 5 shirts left when i went at 9.30am!

Got confused with the black bars first, thought it was because i blocked updates for games (because the game wouldnt show in the disc channel for about 1 min either) but it turns out this game does run in 50hz. UGh black bars. Not gonna stop me loving it though.

Just got killed by a black and white train :(.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
PAL version is 50hz only? Fuck that, I'll import it then, even most Cube games had a 60hz option :\

Edit: Could someone recommend me a good SD card? My old one broke :(.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The PAL version is 50hz?

Oh man, what the fuck Platinum? I'm now going to have some shitty fucking problems playing it on my television. I expect much better from a company like this. Don't even think of making it a trend.

gamingeek

I'm a PAL gamer and

Well I played the first level last night, didn't even make it to the end, got killed by a train and had to quit.

And um............. I'm not sure I like it so far.

Firstly there is a big old technical issue and I hope that its a mistake or something wrong on my end but I'm playing on a 30" SDTV and............ is this game in letterbox mode? Because like RE4, half my screen is black. It was okay for RE4, as the camera was made around the extra width, leon shifted to the side. Here, I just dont understand it. I want to look at the gorgeous visuals, but can't because its squished into letterbox mode on a 4:3 TV. Already that has sucked 25% of the enjoyment out of the game because I can hardly see anything.

Oh shoot it's got borders because of the conversion? :( I have my wii set to 60hz, if I change it will it fix these MASSIVE ass borders?

EatChildren

Rez said:
The 50hz thing is borderline unacceptable.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling. I'm so very, very disappointed in Platinum Games for this. Extremely poor development decisions here.

Well, I was going to pick this up today but I'm sticking it on my rental queue at LoveFilm instead. If it's as bad as it sounds, I'll be importing.

I expected far better from Sega/Platinum on this one.

[Nintex]

I didn't actually notice that the PAL version was 50hz, the game is just too damn awesome and more Wii games have shoddy widescreen options. This game was probably made on a low budget, not to mention that Platinum Games doesn't have someone like Jun Takeuchi to take care of the technical side of things.

Dascu

First the 480i thing, now 50hz and letterbox issues... Game looks phenomenal, but they could've provided some extra care for the technical side.

Yup, I want to take it back to Play.com where I bought it. Fucking shitty.

Can we complain somewhere? We need someone to do a Q+A with them again. Fuck sake man, 50hz :( It hurts my eyes when I play it.

[Nintex] said:
I didn't actually notice that the PAL version was 50hz, the game is just too damn awesome and more Wii games have shoddy widescreen options. This game was probably made on a low budget, not to mention that Platinum Games doesn't have someone like Jun Takeuchi to take care of the technical side of things.

Adding PAL60hz is not a difficult thing, believe me. And as for 480p support, that is even more LOL worthy as its just a fucking line of code.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the justification is behind the decision? Could it really be, in the year 2009, on tried and true hardware, that it is some kind of technical issue?

The game looks so great. It's really a shame.

There is no good reason for it.

I am a developer myself and I hate people using the word "lazy" to describe stuff like this, so I'll just call Platinum Games fucking ignorant for doing a shitty job. Sigh.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well us Europeans obviously still use TV sets that only support 50hz!
Our 10-year-old+ old TV even supports NTSC 60Hz mode,there's no reason at all for any game to be forced 50Hz in this day and age.

About the 480i deal, didn't people speculate it runs in 480i as to make it run smooth or something? Or can the Wii do 480p with no loss whatsoever performance-wise?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Damn. Too bad HMV already shipped my order, or else I'd cancel it and import the American version. I can't stand 50 Hz games anymore.

KennyLinder said:
And as for 480p support, that is even more LOL worthy as its just a fucking line of code.
But what if this fucking line of code makes your framerate all shoddy? ;)
Looks like a conscious design choice to me: 60 fps for everybody instead of progressive scan for a few users (when most Wii owners have SD sets with no 480p support).

Jocchan said:
Damn. Too bad HMV already shipped my order, or else I'd cancel it and import the American version. I can't stand 50 Hz games anymore.

But what if this fucking line of code makes your framerate all shoddy? ;)
Looks like a conscious design choice to me: stable 60 fps for everybody instead of progressive scan for a few users (when most Wii owners have SD sets with no 480p support).

:D True, but I *don't think* Wii works like that. Prog scan isn't the issue for me, its the shitty 50hz display that shits on the party. That IS unacceptable.

The game is 30fps btw. Or 25 for us poor PAL users.

Top Bottom