• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

fernoca

HOME question:
Anyone know how to get the..ehr.. 'W' figure for decoration?
Chris was unlocked with just a save file from the game, and Sheva was unlocked after finishing the game and going to HOME..but what about that "other one"??

Davey Cakes

2real4tv said:
The lighting looks much better HDR vs LDR?
The lighting was better. Not to mention the colors.

There are a lot of aspects about the early builds of the game that make it more attractive than what we got, honestly.

Again, E3 2007 trailer. Yeah, it all took place in a "test area" but it still managed to look terrific.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lol. Look at them pythons.
33yiayp.jpg

Davey Cakes

xfactor said:
You can view the screenshots in the strategy guide. They said they slimmed down his arm in the final game.
His arms are pretty frickin' huge right now, so I'm surprised that they were actually bigger at some point.

Chris has gone through an interesting transformation since 2005, back when he was built more like Leon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TheExodu5 said:
You guys actually think the E3 2007 trailer was anything but concept? :lol
I wish they took some of those concepts to final! Grab to melee looks cool. And yeah, the lighting was way different. Also, the majini overturning objects in the environment and using some sort of grappling hook didn't make it. :(

Second said:
Anyone think that Jill has been downgraded since RE3? She looks much better in that game.
She has a weird nose now. Way too big for her face imo. And she looks a bit cross eyed.

When I first saw her in Remake I was underwhelmed.

I said this before and no one seems to want to acknowledge it. I've gotten used to the new model, but honestly its a big enough change for me to the point where it was very hard for me to even identify her as being Jill due to her appearance.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rash said:
Seriously, there was a lot of good shit in that trailer.
Well, really...the stuff that made it like OMFG CRAZY RE4 ON STEROIDS was removed and now it's....just RE4 with coop (in that particular section).

Pimpbaa

Second said:
Anyone think that Jill has been downgraded since RE3? She looks much better in that game.
She has a weird nose now. Way too big for her face imo. And she looks a bit cross eyed.

When I first saw her in Remake I was underwhelmed.

Nope, I really like how she looked in Remake and
RE5 (although I hope she gets her old hair color back)

el gigante
on professional difficulty is kicking my ass hard. my co-op buddy and I cannot get past that part. anyone have any tips? must have tried it 20 times already.

jax (old)

Banned
One of the biggest most significant and gaming changing revisions to RE5 is the censorship of the violence. I remember watching a youtube video (sure someone can link to it) of all the leon deaths in the game and it was a joyous celebration of violence and evilness. Heads flying off, being chomped on, getting skewed, stepped on, burnt, eaten..etc etc. Because the game was so viscious in comparison, you do get a real sense of fear.

RE4 was so so so much more visceral than RE5.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jax said:
One of the biggest most significant and gaming changing revisions to RE5 is the censorship of the violence. I remember watching a youtube video (sure someone can link to it) of all the leon deaths in the game and it was a joyous celebration of violence and evilness. Heads flying off, being chomped on, getting skewed, stepped on, burnt, eaten..etc etc. Because the game was so viscious in comparison, you do get a real sense of fear.

RE4 was so so so much more visceral than RE5.

Get one of those armless mouth things to bubble out of a majini and eat you. :lol

Snaku

Banned
Well I'm about to start Chapter 6 in a bit. I really wish I had someone to play with as Sheva's dumb ass has caused me nothing but headaches since Chapter 4. Centering this game around coop has really hurt it, and I'm disappointed in its regression from RE4.

Pimpbaa said:
Nope, I really like how she looked in Remake and
RE5 (although I hope she gets her old hair color back)

Agreed, the blonde just isn't doing it for me at all. She just looks weird.

Dark FaZe said:
I said this before and no one seems to want to acknowledge it. I've gotten used to the new model, but honestly its a big enough change for me to the point where it was very hard for me to even identify her as being Jill due to her appearance.

I acknowledge it, but Wasn't RE3 jill completely different than what you would expect from a hardcore STARS girl like she was in RE1? WTF was up with that tube top? I think she's much more believable as someone that could be a part of STARS now

here's her in REmake and umbrella chronicles apparently
Chris_%26_Jill.jpg

250px-JillStarsREUC.jpg

And here's her in RE3 which I think was some serious horny boy pandering.
250px-JillValentine0.jpg

I mean what was the timeline between RE3 and original RE1? I mean in RE1 jill was only shown as a pixelated polygon model and in the FMV cutscenes, but even as she looked then I thought RE3 was a very very wrong look for jill. Why did jill change so much between those times? I like to think of REMake jill as actually making jill like she should have been from the start and
RE5 jill
as simply going along with that look although obviously the hair is different.
plus the mgs4 suit was like there to be an obviously sexified look to show off the motion capture actor or something, while at the same time keeping her very futuristically police/STARS-like

Not to mention, although this is complete speculation, for all we know
sherry really was in the game, as nearly the exact same model as jill is now
and they just substituted
jill
in at the last minute and somehow it fit. Maybe even one of the programmers did it and showed it to the boss and he was like, yeah i guess that works!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ice Monkey said:
That guide I keep referring to has a different listing for the knee drop compared with the other instant kills, it says 100% critical hit...assuming his info is correct I wonder if that means the other ground attacks have a percent chance to completely kill the enemy, while this one just always does.

Jill's Double Knee Press
kills 100% of the time if it hits, just like those other insta-kill moves... of course insta kills only work on Majinis, so if another type of enemy gets hit with the strike because they're standing close while it's executed, then I'm assuming they'll take the numerical damage listed in the guide.

No other peoples' ground attacks are instant kills... they only do a set amount of damage that's listed. In the case of a few, if the ground attack directly hits the head of the majini, it results in a critical, but otherwise it does that set damage with no guarantee of a kill.

I just did a few runs and I performed many many
Double Knee Presses
with none of them resulting in a parasite.

VaLiancY

God, I'm so slow. I keep seeing the word Double Knee Press and I'm trying to remember where I heard it from, It's Dictator's charge kick move.:lol

What's the most powerfull shotgun in the game, fully upgraded? I kinda assumed it would be the hydra, but clearly it's not.

It's the coolest looking gun, though.

Insaniac

The-Switcher said:
What's the most powerfull shotgun in the game, fully upgraded? I kinda assumed it would be the hydra, but clearly it's not.

damage wise I think its the m3

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The-Switcher said:

The M3 has it beat in base damage, but the Hydra has both a wider shot AND longer range. I'm not sure how damage is determined, but it absolutely tears through enemies when up close, more consistently than, it seems anyway, my fully upgraded M3. Could be my imagination. The range really makes up for the lower damage output in most cases.

Volcynika

Question about a certain trophy:
Master of Removing. My friend didn't get it when we just did the "rip the thing off Jill's chest" part. Hell, he was the one who did the final tear off thing. I got it first time I did that battle and finished it, any reason why he's not getting it?

Sectus

criesofthepast said:
el gigante
on professional difficulty is kicking my ass hard. my co-op buddy and I cannot get past that part. anyone have any tips? must have tried it 20 times already.
It may sound silly, but just skip the chapter for now and do the chapter with the AI instead. It becomes MUCH easier with the AI who has perfect accuracy.

jax (old)

Banned
Yeah, that's the jill I know. She's dark haired. They showed her in RE3 (nemesis) and you just can't suddenly make her blond.

This is like the hot doctor from house... once she went blond... it was like WTF?!

0000007546_20060920144056.jpg

* damn, those REmake photos make me want to replay it soon!

Synless

I finally got around to beating this today for the first time. Great game!! I liked it better than RE4. Played the first half of the game on spliscreen co-op and finished the rest on my own. I have to say that Shevas AI kinda sucks but her aim is true and when she shot, she made it count. Now on to Mercs and Pro. modes!!

Okay guys, I can't get past the part in 6-3 as Sheva where she's walking across this bridge and it collapses on her. I'm supposed to mash X, but every time I've done it for the past hour and a half I've died. What am I doing wrong?

bigswords

grap3fruitman said:
Okay guys, I can't get past the part in 6-3 as Sheva where she's walking across this bridge and it collapses on her. I'm supposed to mash X, but every time I've done it for the past hour and a half I've died. What am I doing wrong?

Shoot
Wesker
giving her time to get back up.

I was playing with actual people and then I tried AI equipped with a sniper. I've been trying to pass this one small, stupid section for at least an hour and I've tried everything I could think of.

Top Bottom