• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fyrus said:
The VZ61 is suprisingly good with infinite ammo. I took it for a test run on professional and I was popping heads constantly. :lol Probably not very good for my accuracy rating though.

The VZ61 will probably be the last gun I buy infinite for. Not to say it isn't good, but it already holds 300 bullets, so even if it helps you save the fairly common ammo type, it basically never needs reloaded normally anyway.

JB1981 said:
How many fucking times is Sheva going to get chainsawed in two at the oil refinery?!! GAAAHH

Anyway, how do you string combos together? I understand that by shooting the enemy in a certain spot (arm, head, knee) it allows you to pull off a hook, uppercut, etc, but can you string together several punches or no?

When you do a hook(or kick, whatever chris does from behind an enemy), sheva has to be wherever the enemy stumbles to and do one of her attacks to knock the enemy back into you. After that you'll get the option for the haymaker(if facing front) or backhand(if facing back).

Had a chance to play co-op the other night with a buddy, really didn't like how forced all the set pieces were. It's really been a long time since RE4, and gaming at large sure has changed.
Sectus said:
Hmm, I can't view the video without having an account. What does he do in the video? Continously headshot->stun enemies and melee them?
See sp0rsk's thread in OT.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YEAH!

Just bet Pro mode. Me and the guy I was playing with (a random guy I met online a couple of days ago during a Vet run on 6-3, and then proceeded to play through all of Pro over the last two days) died a stupid amount of times on the
----Jill---
fight.

It was a great run through, and proof that playing through with randoms is a viable option, especially when you play on higher difficulties. If the guy I was playing this reads this: thanks so much man, that was awesome.

gconsole

I have remaining 400k points mainly from Mercernaries and I already purchase almost of the stuff from Bonus Item. What else i can use it for? Can I use it instead of Microsoft point for Versus Mode DLC :lol

Sectus said:
The other characters I'm not sure of. Chris BSAA seems insanely weak, I can't use him at all. Chris Safari is okay, but I don't find much use for the rocket launchers and if I want to use a shotgun I'd just go with another character. Sheva BSAA is a good starting character but so much worse when compared to battlesuit.

that's so wierd because I feel like chris BSAA is one of the best. His shotgun + grenade combo is so powerful. and shotgun shells and grenades always drop so you rarely run out of ammo. I got most of my A rankings with him.

I must be one of the few people who got "The Works" during single-player. Just got lucky, I guess.

And I'm I the only one who doesn't like Mercenaries mode? Maybe I just need to spend more time with it, but I'm horrible at it. I just run around with the shotgun and get around 20K points if I'm lucky. In fact, I struggle to receive a B.

Jack Scofield said:
I must be one of the few people who got "The Works" during single-player. Just got lucky, I guess.

And I'm I the only one who doesn't like Mercenaries mode? Maybe I just need to spend more time with it, but I'm horrible at it. I just run around with the shotgun and get around 20K points if I'm lucky. In fact, I struggle to receive a B.

Did you play RE4? if not, then you will have to "get" mercenaries mode....but once you "get it" it is like one of the greatest things ever (get as in learn to understand)

Kard8p3

Jack Scofield said:

Same for me regarding mercs but even though I'm bad I still enjoy playing it.

USD

Jack Scofield said:

Make sure you learn the maps well enough to know where (most of) the time extensions and combo bonus times are. Other than that, it's about keeping a good chain going.

Christopher

For "The Works"

I wasn't even trying to get it! I was just messing around in the Public Assembly and knifing the enemies with Sheva and pressed the reaction commands when they came up and it appeared I was like oh wow awesome. So get a group of Majini use the knife, and just pressed the commands when they come up with a AI low ammo.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sectus said:
Woot woot! Got 251k on public assembly in online coop, and 414k on the same map using a rather silly tactic. I'll have videos posted of the playthroughs later. My approach to mercenaries changed completely once I learned you can
kill everybody! Literally! The amount of enemies in mercenaries isn't infinite, it ends after 150 kills and you get an additional bonus based on your remaining time. I had no idea it worked like that.

Nice. Can you post your vid? Just started playing Merc mode in Public Assembly and highest I can get is around 20,000 or so, and a B grade.

Fucking big guy with the axe keep ripping me a new one. Which gun is the best to use in Public Assembly? Which location is best to get constant kills?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Play chapter Chapter 2-3: Savannah. It takes about 10 minutes. It's the jeep level. Easy to S rank even on higher difficulties.

How many points does an S rank get you?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I "beat" Public Assembly earlier with about 2 minutes remaining and still only got around 280K...780K is completly insane. :lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just broke 30 hours playing time, almost done with my 2nd run through of veteran. All camapign has been purely co-op. I will probably finish up this run tomorrow and get pretty close to beating it again on veteran with another one of my friends as well. This is all BEFORE I even really touched the surface of mercs and BEFORE the versus DLC which I am DEFINITELY getting now. Not to mention a run through on professional. I haven't come across many games with this much play value in them.

Will somebody be willing to play mercenaries with me tomorrow? I want to unlock the characters and it would be fun to have someone guide me.

I just started playing mercenaries so I will be terrible

I have the PS3 version and the PSN name is securitypurpose

USD

Papercuts said:
I "beat" Public Assembly earlier with about 2 minutes remaining and still only got around 280K...780K is completly insane. :lol
If you have two players doing constant melee kills, you can rack up a lot of time bonus.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
video2.gif

:lol

Epic :lol

Pretty much summed up my feelings as well. Saw Sheva over there with
Wesker
walking over and I was like "MUST...NOT...FAILLLLL!!!!"

SSJ Chris.

-Winnie-

>.<
Okay, is there a trick to beating Wesker in the volcano? I've tried everything I can think of (shooting his glowing spots, throwing grenades, landmines, knifing), but none of it works. Then I figured I have to push him into the lava, but once I get off the high platform he starts going nuts and he just knocks me or Sheva away.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
_tetsuo_ said:
Just broke 30 hours playing time, almost done with my 2nd run through of veteran. All camapign has been purely co-op. I will probably finish up this run tomorrow and get pretty close to beating it again on veteran with another one of my friends as well. This is all BEFORE I even really touched the surface of mercs and BEFORE the versus DLC which I am DEFINITELY getting now. Not to mention a run through on professional. I haven't come across many games with this much play value in them.

Pssh i had 30 hours days ago :p But i did the same thing. Beat it on normal, beat it on normal getting all S rank. Got all the achievements except for beating it on veteran or pro now i'm beating it on veteran with all S ranks then i'll beat it on pro. I wish you got an achievement for having S ranks in all the difficulties.

Pojo

Banned
-Winnie- said:
>.<
Okay, is there a trick to beating Wesker in the volcano? I've tried everything I can think of (shooting his glowing spots, throwing grenades, landmines, knifing), but none of it works. Then I figured I have to push him into the lava, but once I get off the high platform he starts going nuts and he just knocks me or Sheva away.
Hmm...first, while sheva is up on the bridge, you have to shoot Wesker in his back until he hops up and chases her. Next, shoot him a bit until she comes across the bridge, then you must knock over the rock. Sheva will join you and you need to just run around him until he turns around (usually after an attack) and blast him in the back until he is dead.

I died many, many times there until I said screw it, went back to 3-1 and 4-1, and farmed. I simply didn't have enough ammo to beat him. Be warned that you have to do the entire chapter over again if you exit the boss fight, starting from the
hangar area with all of the enemies/reapers.

To beat him you simply
shoot him in the back, then the chest, then get behind him while he's hurting after you hit one of those parts and you can grab him :\. I was apart of the group that just shot his back and chest over and over thinking it was doing damage. When it comes to Wesker you can never kill him (other than frustrate him during "7 minutes") without actually using a close ranged QTE.

Pojo

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
To beat him you simply
shoot him in the back, then the chest, then get behind him while he's hurting after you hit one of those parts and you can grab him :\. I was apart of the group that just shot his back and chest over and over thinking it was doing damage. When it comes to Wesker you can never kill him (other than frustrate him during "7 minutes") without actually using a close ranged QTE.
...that would have saved me time. First the giant
spider
boss, now this? I guess we're just supposed to run up to stunned enemies and hope they don't massacre us on the rebound to see if they have a QTE?

-Winnie-

Dark FaZe said:
To beat him you simply

Haha, at least I know I'm not the only one. :lol
Just finished the game.
Yeah, poor design by Capcom, I reckon. Which is strange because it's usually made really obvious when you can run up to an enemy and do a special move, but with Wesker he just keeps attacking you as if nothing is different.
But aside from the final battle, I had a lot of fun with the game. Story was decent, but the ending cutscene was certainly lacking. Can't wait to try out Mercenaries tomorrow, though. :D

Sectus

isamu said:
Nice. Can you post your vid? Just started playing Merc mode in Public Assembly and highest I can get is around 20,000 or so, and a B grade.

Fucking big guy with the axe keep ripping me a new one. Which gun is the best to use in Public Assembly? Which location is best to get constant kills?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P2Np-Vn8Jw&fmt=22 - 123k solo mines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxiqArZrnM&fmt=22 - 223k duo mines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnduYN4bzQY&fmt=22 - 251k duo public assembly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MIWOhHWg4&fmt=22 - 414k duo public assembly

Those are the videos I've posted in the thread.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Rez said:

When I hit this part I was yelling "YES! YES ! COME ON!! ARGH!"

My cousin thought I was having sex :/

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
finished it yesterday. a lot of issues--mostly a lot of small ones that add up to a significant, unified complaint.

but ultimately, it's still an awesome game that should be enjoyed by all who play it. people who have never played RE4 will enjoy it doubly so, presuming they enjoy the basic mechanics.

Hm veteran really isn't as hard as I'd sort of made it up to be in my head. The boss at the end of the Savanna level though... that was a dick being slammed in a door.

How big of a task would it be for the devs to release DLC making the first half of the game presented at night with moon light as a lighting source? Standing torches as well.

RyuHayate

Finally got the game yesterday! Really enjoying it so far.

And to those who say that the tension is completely removed from the series now... no way.

Those tribal Majini, especially those tall spiked staff wielders, are pretty damn frightening when they're all over you.

Acidote

I'm finally 45/45.

I think I'll try to beat it in Pro with another gamertag in a few months, as I did it with infinite ammo and was very easy.

There's definitely some creepy stuff in this game (
Damn, I hate those spiders
), but I'm finally getting to the sections where I can really see some people's complaints. I love the game and it's one of my favorite co-op experiences, but I can see why some people feel a little left in the cold now.

Just S Ranked it and finished it in under 3 hrs. All rather easy.

In fact I just have to Pro it now. Though just had a quick go and it was a roasting :(

Could be well on my way at achieving my 3rd Platinum though.

Top Bottom