• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Sidzed2 said:
I'm just wondering, does the infinite rocket launcher make most bosses a breeze in Professional Mode (aside from say, Ndesu)?

For instance, I would imagine the rocket launcher would deal with the 5-3 boss fairly quickly... am I wrong?

You only need 1 rocket for the 1st part of that fight & its pretty easy, even on pro. Its useless in the 2nd half, much like the AI.

And yeah, infinite launcher makes things too easy on pro.

dejan said:
Aaargh almost rage quit during
the Wesker/Jill fight in chapter 5-3
. First time Sheva really pissed me off. Will try again tomorrow. Boss fights are really not the strong point of RE5.

The final boss fight is probably her worse example of AI throughout the game. For the most part she honestly isn't bad against a lot of them. I would say on normal she did more damage to most of the bosses than I did but she is pretty useless and a detriment against you know who.

On a separate note, I'm playing through RE 4 again and the combat is painful in some cases. People need to take those rose colored glasses off concerning certain aspects of RE 4. (Not aimed at you btw)

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
RoboPlato said:
Anyone got any tips for where to get the Lead Aspirin trophy? I've only even seen Majini jump at me twice.

3-1 right before the raft part. Several will jump across the 1st gap, and use a shotgun. I like that point cause you checkpoint right before it, so repeated attempts at it aren't so time consuming.

Pein

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Anyone got any tips for where to get the Lead Aspirin trophy? I've only even seen Majini jump at me twice.
I got it in mercenaries right at the beginning of public assembly, there should be a majini jumping right at you while your still on the highest platform, just look down and shoot

I think this is the first game I own that has a "Copy Protected" Save file, at least when I view the details of the save it says that. Problem is my PS3's Bluetooth is on the fritz and I'm sending it in to be repaired. Last time I sent it in for repair (bad BDROM) they left all the data on my HDD but to be safe I'm doing a full backup of the system before sending the thing away in its coffin for a couple of weeks.

Assuming I get the same system back, repaired hopefully, and assuming my HDD is formatted this time, will restoring said system backup actually restore my "Copy Protected" RE5 saves or if they format my drive will I be totally SOL? I really don't want to have to play through the entire game Veteran again, I wouldn't mind replaying but I want to do it on Pro mode now and Mercenaries.

Anyone with experience or knowledge of copy protected saves know the answer?

Sectus

I swear the game would get a more positive reaction from everybody if the AI's default setting was Attack instead of Cover. There's far too many people who keep saying "Wtf!? She only uses the pistol!".

Raziel

Stoney Mason said:
On a separate note, I'm playing through RE 4 again and the combat is painful in some cases. People need to take those rose colored glasses off concerning certain aspects of RE 4. (Not aimed at you btw)
explain.

Thrakier

Neiteio said:
I've already written several dissertations about how I feel RE5 matches, if not outshines RE4 in every way, but now people have a problem with the sound? Admittedly, the song on the credits sounded off, but the voice acting, music and sound effects all sound crystal clear, with some of the best voice acting and by far the best music in the series to date. (Some favorites: "An Emergency," "Sad But True," "Majini IX," "Wind of Madness," "Deep Ambition," "Pray.") Did you check your sound settings? I shit you not, it sounds fine on my setup (and I'm the guy who bitched about the way my PS3 played back mp3s).

No, it's not my sound setup. It's the game and I'm not the first one to complain about this. Some cutscenes are fine but in most of them the audio is far too dull. Also I'm not talking about the music at all.

I can not see how anyone can prefer RE5 to RE4 except he's a dedicated coop player. In RE5 all things which were charming about RE4 are gone. Everything is spimlified, you don't have a sense of place or progression, just coop playground after coop playground. And like I already said I think the character design so far is the worst of the series. WTF is this irving shit compared to salazar? Also, relative to it's release date, RE4 was graphically far more advanced and impressive than RE5. Sorry, I just can't find anything I like in this game and I played RE4 like ten times through, every version, PS2, Wii, Cube...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Thrakier said:
No, it's not my sound setup. It's the game and I'm not the first one to complain about this. Some cutscenes are fine but in most of them the audio is far too dull. Also I'm not talking about the music at all.

I can not see how anyone can prefer RE5 to RE4 except he's a dedicated coop player. In RE5 all things which were charming about RE4 are gone. Everything is spimlified, you don't have a sense of place or progression, just coop playground after coop playground. And like I already said I think the character design so far is the worst of the series. WTF is this irving shit compared to salazar? Also, relative to it's release date, RE4 was graphically far more advanced and impressive than RE5. Sorry, I just can't find anything I like in this game and I played RE4 like ten times through, every version, PS2, Wii, Cube...

Wesker > Any antagonist in RE 4 by a fucking mile.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Re Mercenaries: Got S rank on Public Assemblies and Mines so far.....A rank on the remaining 6 levels. OMFG @ the Axe guys on Prison....are you fucking kidding me??? I was screaming at GOD trying to A rank that stage!

dk_

Is it possible to start a new splitscreen game without overwriting the singleplayer savegame?

EDIT: Or is there a level select menu to jump right back where I left in SP?

Come on GAF, help me!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Just popping in to say I have eaten crow. The girlfriend wanted a new Co-Op game and this was the best I could do at short notice.

I really like it.

I think the demo should be shot in to the sun, however. What a fucking clusterfuck.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dk_ said:
Is it possible to start a new splitscreen game without overwriting the singleplayer savegame?

EDIT: Or is there a level select menu to jump right back where I left in SP?

Come on GAF, help me!
sorry for the late response!

As long as you aren't mid-way through a Chapter, you will be able to select the Chapter you're up to in the Chapter Select menu at any time. If you are mid-way through a chapter, you'll have to start again from the beginning, but on the plus side, you'll have some more ammo and items, as your inventory is persistent across game sessions.

Hope this helps.

USD

So when is Versus mode coming out? Capcom made it sound like it was coming out very soon, yet I haven't actually seen a date for its release.

shpankey

not an idiot
I played this last night... one word... WOW!

I agree, that demo should be shot into the sun. Luckily I got it as a present and man o man, couldn't be more happy. This game is incredible. Will be on again tonight if anyone wants to play (no speed runs pls). That's my only complaint, everyone who joined my game last night had infinite ammo and was speed running. What a bummer. :( I want to take my time and savor this game. Man... SO GOOD! :D

good lord me and Applesauce tried playing on pro last night (I think it was Applesauce, PSN was LiquidJM) and I guess I'm just worse at the game than I thought, I died three times in a row in the first chapter. I'm never going to get that platinum :lol

I'll just have to keep trying I guess. If someone with a whole lot of patience wants to help me I would be in your debt forever.

shpankey

not an idiot
what is this Pro mode you guys are talking about? i seen like an easy mode, normal and veteran... is pro unlocked after your first run through or something?

shpankey said:
what is this Pro mode you guys are talking about? i seen like an easy mode, normal and veteran... is pro unlocked after your first run through or something?

it unlocks after veteran is completed.

shpankey said:

I agree, that demo should be shot into the sun. Luckily I got it as a present and man o man, couldn't be more happy. This game is incredible. Will be on again tonight if anyone wants to play (no speed runs pls). That's my only complaint, everyone who joined my game last night had infinite ammo and was speed running. What a bummer. :( I want to take my time and savor this game. Man... SO GOOD! :D

Yeah, I left my game open and everyone that joined was going for a speed run. Lame. This game is insanely fun to play with other people.. not a fan of going solo. Feels like a chore..

shpankey

not an idiot
brandonh83 said:
it unlocks after veteran is completed.
cool. i purposely chose normal for my first run b/c I want an excuse to play through it again. well that and I got my ASS handed to me on Veteran on the first stage. i could probably do it with a real co-op partner and now that i've become better at playing. really, my strategy has become better more than anything. i've learned you really need to use the environment around you to survive. once i started getting on roofs and kicking down ladders, and jumping around roof to roof, i've been making it very easily. but this gives me an excuse to go through it at least twice more now. norma. > veteran > pro. i figure by the time i get to pro i will be MUCH better and be able to handle it.

man, so hard to pull myself away from the game last night. soooo fun. :D

dk_

Rez said:
sorry for the late response!

As long as you aren't mid-way through a Chapter, you will be able to select the Chapter you're up to in the Chapter Select menu at any time. If you are mid-way through a chapter, you'll have to start again from the beginning, but on the plus side, you'll have some more ammo and items, as your inventory is persistent across game sessions.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thank you.

shpankey said:

Turn off infinite ammo?

ShinAmano said:
The
Hydra
Shotgun is awesome...wow.

I love it as well. It's one of the guns I use in Pro mode because you can hit three guys and push them back if they get too close.

ShinAmano

UltimaPooh said:
I love it as well. It's one of the guns I use in Pro mode because you can hit three guys and push them back if they get too close.
Yeah that is where I am using it as well...very handy so far...only have done 1-1 and 1-2 on Pro.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ShinAmano said:
The
Hydra
Shotgun is awesome...wow.
Is it better than the M3? I looked up the stats and apparently the M3 does more damage unless the
Hydra's
damage is per barrel.

ezekial45

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Is it better than the M3? I looked up the stats and apparently the M3 does more damage unless the
Hydra's
damage is per barrel.
The M3 is indeed stronger, but the Hydra has superior spread.

ShinAmano

RoboPlato said:
Hydra's
damage is per barrel.
No clue...but I do know the
Hydra's
just looks better ;)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
RoboPlato said:
Hydra's
damage is per barrel.

That's been brought up before, but I prefer the
Hydra
generally because of the range boosters. Since mine's fully upgraded, it has a wide shot that pretty much hits anything on my screen AND it's fairly long range. It acts like a pistol shot from a distance, causing stagger.

ShinAmano

Prime Blue said:
Why are we spoiler-tagging gun names? o_O
Don't know...just feel that if someone wants to be surprised (I was) to get a new gun then I will save them from my spoiltastic ways.
I hate spoiling anything.

TChirath

Neo Member
brandonh83 said:
good lord me and Applesauce tried playing on pro last night (I think it was Applesauce, PSN was LiquidJM) and I guess I'm just worse at the game than I thought, I died three times in a row in the first chapter. I'm never going to get that platinum :lol

I'll just have to keep trying I guess. If someone with a whole lot of patience wants to help me I would be in your debt forever.

I'll be happy to help. I already finished pro mode but I still enjoy playing it over and over. I'm patient and not that good myself, so feel free to invite :D You already have my PSN.

USD

I prefer the Hydra without the spread increase. The spread increase totally destroys your damage potential, as you're often only hitting enemies with one or two pellets from range, and in the case of some enemies, that's not an enough to knock them back. The M3 has higher base damage, but I'm pretty sure that once you get beyond point-blank range, the Hydra does more damage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
USD said:
I prefer the Hydra without the spread increase. The spread increase totally destroys your damage potential, as you're often only hitting enemies with one or two pellets from range, and in the case of some enemies, that's not an enough to knock them back. The M3 has higher base damage, but I'm pretty sure that once you get beyond point-blank range, the Hydra does more damage.

All I know is that it seems like while the Hydra still kills multiple enemies very far away with fully upgraded range (when the lasersight is on them), the other shotguns are worthless in that regard. I've had no problems taking out enemies from ranges where I would ideally use a handgun/rifle for.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GuardianE said:
That's been brought up before, but I prefer the
Hydra
generally because of the range boosters. Since mine's fully upgraded, it has a wide shot that pretty much hits anything on my screen AND it's fairly long range. It acts like a pistol shot from a distance, causing stagger.
I usually get in pretty close, especially when using shotguns, so I'll probably just stick with the M3 then. My infinite ammo Handcannon and S75 can handle long ranges.

burgerdog

So I was playing RE4 GC version for shits and giggles on Wii this morning and noticed that the game only used like 60% of the screen(was in 480p mode.)

Like this, but the black bars were twice as big :lol
1zge0jo.jpg

Do you guys know if the Wii version uses the entire screen? Thinking of buying that later today.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
burgerdog said:
So I was playing RE4 GC version for shits and giggles on Wii this morning and noticed that the game only used like 60% of the screen(was in 480p mode.)

Like this, but the black bars were twice as big :lol
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zge0jo.jpg[IMG]

Do you guys know if the Wii version is fullscreen? Thinking of buying that later today.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure the Wii version has real 16:9 support.

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm launching the game right now patch 1.02 for PS3 version (any idea what the changelog is?) It's 36mb :eek:

Top Bottom