• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Played through to chapter 2-1 on normal single player. Started on vet alone but kept dying on the first demo level so restarted on normal.

Impressions:

Awesome graphics and the facial animations are top notch. The whole begining moment walking through town was superbly done. Also love how the game starts off with a bang.
It might just be me but it seems like they made the first few levels really shadow some of the scenes from RE4. Most likely on purpose.

Examples:
Defending yourself in a building like with Luis in RE4. Having to run from a group of them coming at you and claiming shelter. The whole truck coming at you via the bridge sorta like on the way up to the castle in RE4. When you meet the first enemy he goes lunging at you. You jump out of the window just like Leon did at the begining of RE4. I'm sure there is a few more things I'm forgetting but it was hard not to notice these things. Nice touch imo.

So far since I've been playing Single player Sheva has not died on me due to her dumb action. I've personally died a few times, thats my fault. She does seem to use ammo somewhat frivolously, but overall I think her AI isn't as bad as some people are claiming it to be.

I'm also already dying to see more of the story. :) Can't wait to play more and thats just some of my first initial impressions.

mattso

maybe old news but for nyc gaffers video games new york has this

might want to call first though if you didn't reserve it.

good thing my midterms are on wednesday and not monday or else i'd be screwed :D

Just noticed this on my US version's box:

Picture39.jpg

I've never seen that before. Does everyone's copy have that?

Vyse The Legend said:

Picture39.jpg

I would imagine that your copy is somehow from the red 360 bundle. At least, that's the common practice to label pack-in games without a UPC and as "not for re-sale".

JimmyV

Banned
I cant wait to get this! If I have the money though I might get the uglyish looking 360 since I need a new one, and the game basically comes free. But WTF in the IGN review when the guy says its the only game the holds up graphically to gears. There ARE better looking games out there than gears.

bigswords

Whoa just finished the game, it's pretty good and much shorter then RE4. But nonetheless the continuous grind continues.

A question to those who finished the game PS3 version

Anyone have a freeze during the QTE where Chris and Sheva are both on the stealth bomber? It was till Sheva was getting choked then the L indicator came up and then the image froze there but sound was still playing in the background :( had to restart and all was well.

bigswords said:
Whoa just finished the game, it's pretty good and much shorter then RE4. But nonetheless the continuous grind continues.

How long would you say your play-time was? I'm hearing anywhere from 8 all the way to 15 hours to complete. Are the bosses worthwhile?

Ganondorfo

MyEpitomeCliché said:
How long would you say your play-time was? I'm hearing anywhere from 8 all the way to 15 hours to complete. Are the bosses worthwhile?

I can't think of a resident evil with a great boss fight, resident evil series always had boring boss fights.

Edit: resident evil 4 has some amazing boss fights (del lago, krauser, that thing underground)

cvxfreak

MiamiWesker said:
Oops :lol

10 hours. I only saw up to the second to last chapter so it could be longer (or shorter if he left the game on without playing for some time)

Yeah, I had to pause the game a few times. I wonder if that's counted in your time stats.

mattso

I am loving this so far. Just beat the 2nd level from the demo so it's all new stuff from here on out. I'm playing on veteran by myself the first time through just so I can go at my own pace but I'm really looking forward to playing this with people co-op.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I have to applaud your attitude towards this game man. After having read and enjoyed your posts for the last few weeks I haven't really felt the need to express my own feelings for the game as you pretty much said everything I wanted to say.

I'm so deflated about having to wait another week though. Even the wait for MGS4 was more tolerable than this. I'm so excited!
Cheers, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Vyse The Legend said:

Picture39.jpg

Hmmm wonder if this is why you don't have the names in the manula for some reason?

Blueblur1

Vyse The Legend said:

Picture39.jpg

Do you have the Limited Edition? That package would have a separate UPC (just like with Street Fighter IV).

cvxfreak

ezekial45 said:
Anyone in the Bay Area have any luck finding it?

I'm wondering the same thing... I've got the 2 special editions and the Elite bundle all pre-ordered, but I'm curious to see if the game is being sold early anywhere.

I also want to now if loading save files creating in the Asian version can be done using the US, Japanese or European versions.

Nizz

Jtyettis said:
Sounds in-line with what others have stated here as well.
I can't believe the PS3 version still suffers from some framerate dips. :( I still want to play it though.

Wark

RPGCrazied said:
makes no sense, if this many people are getting it.

why not just release the game now??

The game would have probably been out by now if they didn't use Friday the 13th as a gimmick.

M.J. Doja

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
makes no sense, if this many people are getting it.

why not just release the game now??

some trusty stores break release dates just to give gamestop and their reserves the ol "middle finger u"

its probably less people than you think with copies early.

My friend who works at Gamechamp in brooklyn says they got their copies in. He says the top 100 names is listed in his manual. Told me I'm on the top of the list. I'm assuming Vyse doesnt have it since it came from a re xbox package it appears.

fps fanatic said:
I can't believe the PS3 version still suffers from some framerate dips. :( I still want to play it though.

Seriously, why cant the ps3 version be just as smooth, is it really the hardware difference?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
momolicious said:
Seriously, why cant the ps3 version be just as smooth, is it really the hardware difference?
No, they did it on purpose.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Red Blaster said:
Wow, sucks that the shocking violence isn't there in RE5. Looks like no "Chris Death" videos on youtube.

there's quiet a few cutscene QTE's in the game, it's going to be fun to try them all atleast one though ..

Relaxed Muscle said:
The wait it's gonna fucking kill me!. At least 10 days to me, until I can play the game.

Yeah. What's really painful is that I'm on college spring break, and I have absolutely nothing between me and next Thursday (getting it at midnight). =(

burgerdog

Y2Kev said:
Fuck that store. I'm too lazy to go down there and get it :(

Oh my godddddddd, the subway was fucking horrible today and I got hit by a sliding door. If I didn't have RE5 in my hands I would be mad.

Picked it up in NYC today with a friend and my wife (Regular PS3). This game is AMAZING! We're playing it split-screen, but it is great, the combat is tons of fun and pulling of a melee combo is just so much fun. The basic files you in terms of history by early on in the first chapter is so in-depth. The story is neat to so far.

We're taking a break to eat dinner and now we're going to watch my Street Fighter the Movie Blu-ray. It's Capcom night tonight!

At this rate I'm gonna stop reading the thread until I got my game, seeing so many people with the game already, it's getting my nerves!.

Enjoy the fucking game, bastards!. :lol

Top Bottom