• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Erebus

Amir0x said:
Why the fuck does my AMAZON.COM order say "shipping March 17"?

Are they dicking with me? I ordered this ages ago. They better ship this shit tomorrow or they better refund my one day shipping.

I've pre-ordered my copy from amazon uk and they have march 12th as dispatch date.

Amir0x

Banned
rainking187 said:
If you ordered the regular edition I believe they offer release date delivery. But the one day shipping just means you'll get it within one day of when it's shipped. Amazon isn't really a great place to preorder games from if you want to play them the week they are released. Most of my preorders ship a few days after release.

I ordered the CE, but I ordered it AGES ago when it was first available. Why am I getting a week late shipping? Is the CE delayed in the states or something?

Fuck this pisses me off.

Amir0x said:
I ordered the CE, but I ordered it AGES ago when it was first available. Why am I getting a week late shipping? Is the CE delayed in the states or something?

Fuck this pisses me off.

Haven't heard anything about a CE delay.... hmmmm

[Nintex]

Anyone in the Netherlands found this yet, I'm going to check most of the stores in Leiden on wednesday, but if it's already out I'll just skip class tommorow. :lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Amir0x said:

Fuck this pisses me off.

Doubt it. Amazon is really bad with shipping some games "on time." I love Amazon, but they are the last place you want to order from if you plan on playing your games on Day 1. It wouldn't be the first time they've mysteriously pushed a date back.

I'd jump ship and just get it locally, if you have that option.

Amir0x

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Doubt it. Amazon is really bad with shipping some games "on time." I love Amazon, but they are the last place you want to order from if you plan on playing your games on Day 1. It wouldn't be the first time they've mysteriously pushed a date back.

I'd jump ship and just get it locally, if you have that option.

son of a bitch. They've never "pushed" the release date back on me before, and I always get games from them...

...*sigh*

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
BrodiemanTTR said:
How is everyone playing this already? Street dates shattered?

I'm wondering the same thing seeing NA versions in the pick-up thread. But i was planning on buying it then going to my friends place to play Co-op anyway so i guess i can still wait.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
zoukka said:
Are there any cut-scene QTE´s? I'm guessing no :/

plenty of cut scene QTE's. But nothing as annoying as the krauser knife fight though. They're all pretty easy to do.

zoukka

chandoog said:
plenty of cut scene QTE's. But nothing as annoying as the krauser knife fight though. They're all pretty easy to do.

What! It wasn't that hard and definately not annoying... and I didn't mind watching it a couple of times by dying :)

And thanks!

Sectus

Rez said:
A matter of hour gentlemen.

First classes in the morning, then RE5 in the afternoon (assuming everything goes according to plan).
Hope you get it! If you need help in coop let me know. And once you've completed the game let me know, there's some stuff I wanna test in mercs mode. And of course, it would be fun to simply play a bunch of random mercs too.

USD

chandoog said:
What? That's the greatest cutscene ever. EVER.

adamsapple

USD said:
What? That's the greatest cutscene ever. EVER.

its only good if it keeps going in a flow .. miss one, start over again . if you're having an off day it can become really annoying . not to mention some of the pop ups are still very sudden ..

my point was that RE5 doesn't have any split second QTE's, most of them are relatively easy.

Daigoro

Rez said:

First classes in the morning, then RE5 in the afternoon (assuming everything goes according to plan).

dammit! one more person on my friend list to envy.

Rez said:

But you were like me, we were not priviledged to play the game early. How dare you! :p

About this whole RE2 RE5 thing. Yes RE5 does more new than RE2 did. Why I think some think that RE2 was a larger jump was cause I feel that practically everything RE2 was done to improve the game. RE2 was better than the original in every way, everything it did was an improvement. Thats probably not the case with RE5 in terms of being better than RE4.

But for me, honestly it doesn't matter, if its even half as good as RE4 it will be incredible. I am a bigger fan of the RE4 gameplay style than of the old school style so RE5 can just be like RE and its already one of the best RE games in my book.

Blueblur1

RE2 was more, bigger and better. From the impressions I've gathered, RE5's focus on more action differentiates it and RE4 from the RE1/RE2 comparison.

adamsapple

MiamiWesker said:
But for me, honestly it doesn't matter, if its even half as good as RE4 it will be incredible. I am a bigger fan of the RE4 gameplay style than of the old school style so RE5 can just be like RE and its already one of the best RE games in my book.

it's got the new gameplay and major continuation of the old storyline. So it's essentially win win in your case.

Nemesis_

fernoca said:
Where's 'mah "shirtless Chris" or "speedo-only Chris" DLC costume Capcom?!!!!
Mmm yes. :D
Yeah, let's play! My system is Japanese, account is American. But this is the only game I can think of that does this with the different title screens. Riot Act, for example, displays as "Crackdown" on my system.
Assuming you've added me? I'll have to play when I get home from Uni tonight. Look forward to it (or even some mercs too ^_^)

Blueblur1

chandoog said:
it's got the new gameplay and some major continuation of the old storyline. So it's essentially win win in your case.
It should be win win for everyone. I can't believe the people who bother to criticize the game before they play it. They must really have nothing better to do.

MiamiWesker said:
About this whole RE2 RE5 thing. Yes RE5 does more new than RE2 did. Why I think some think that RE2 was a larger jump was cause I feel that practically everything RE2 was done to improve the game. RE2 was better than the original in every way, everything it did was an improvement. Thats probably not the case with RE5 in terms of being better than RE4.

To be fair, RE was an awesome experience back in 1995, but It wasn't a truly awesome game overall, RE4 it's one of the best games of his generation and one of the best games ever IMO. So there was way more room from improvement in RE2 that in RE5.

adamsapple

OST question.

what's the name of the track that plays in part 2 of the "7 minute fight" ?

Sectus

Relaxed Muscle said:
To be fair, RE was an awesome experience back in 1995, but It wasn't a truly awesome game overall, RE4 it's one of the best games of his generation and one of the best games ever IMO. So there was way more room from improvement in RE2 that in RE5.
And people are vastly over estimating how much RE2 actually did. The majority of the gameplay was re-used from RE1. I don't think there was any actual changes to the basic gameplay at all.

RE5 does more things than you would initially notice. All the aiming has been tweaked to feel more natural (especially the sniper rifles feels MUCH better). The character will actually look around as you use the right analog stick to look around. The character may glance around you if there's particular objects nearby. Absolutely every interaction in the game is realtime, never breaking the immersion with a pause with some text covering half of the screen.

While most people quickly assume enemies use the exact same animations in RE4, they are very very wrong. There's a bunch of re-used animations, sure, but they're all tuned to look smoother and more natural. There's also a ton of them which are new. There's new death animations. There's new attack animations. They've got a cute move where they'll just quickly move as if they were about to attack but not actually do anything.

There's also some enemies which people saw in gameplay footage and quickly assumed "Oh, they re-used the cult ganado you encountered in the castle in RE4." But believe me, when you see them in action you'll notice they do a ton of stuff which makes them feel like completely different enemies.

I think if people played RE2 and then went back to RE1, they'd notice it played exactly the same except the graphics were a bit worse. If people played RE5 and then went back to RE4, I think it's then people will notice and start to appreciate just how much RE5 tweaked the gameplay for the better.

mittelos

Damn. Made a run to my local Sears, and they didn't have it yet. Sorta got the impression that if they had it, I would have been able to get it. Gonna check back there tomorrow.

Sectus said:
And people are vastly over estimating how much RE2 actually did. The majority of the gameplay was re-used from RE1. I don't think there was any actual changes to the basic gameplay at all.

RE5 does more things than you would initially notice. All the aiming has been tweaked to feel more natural (especially the sniper rifles feels MUCH better). The character will actually look around as you use the right analog stick to look around. The character may glance around you if there's particular objects nearby. Absolutely every interaction in the game is realtime, never breaking the immersion with a pause with some text covering half of the screen.

While most people quickly assume enemies use the exact same animations in RE4, they are very very wrong. There's a bunch of re-used animations, sure, but they're all tuned to look smoother and more natural. There's also a ton of them which are new. There's new death animations. There's new attack animations. They've got a cute move where they'll just quickly move as if they were about to attack but not actually do anything.

There's also some enemies which people saw in gameplay footage and quickly assumed "Oh, they re-used the cult ganado you encountered in the castle in RE4." But believe me, when you see them in action you'll notice they do a ton of stuff which makes them feel like completely different enemies.

I think if people played RE2 and then went back to RE1, they'd notice it played exactly the same except the graphics were a bit worse. If people played RE5 and then went back to RE4, I think it's then people will notice and start to appreciate just how much RE5 tweaked the gameplay for the better.

WORD! :D

Wow that CVG reviews has some totally incorrect statements:

You're also in control of the items she holds via a fiddly menu. Up, down, left and right on the D-pad serve as quick select buttons. But you can only organise which items (usually guns) go in these four slots during mid-mission menus - a pointless restriction.

Uh no. You can move things in your inventory at any time by pressing square...

Context-sensitive melee attacks are rubbish - you should be able to batter an enemy in the face whenever you want, but you can only do it when the game randomly says so.

Its not random at all, there are very specific actions that allow a melee attack.

Paths are constantly blocked by obstacles that, in real life, would pose no problem to the average man, let alone muscle-man Chris Redfield.

Its a damn video game.

How do you get such simple things so wrong.

VaLiancY

MiamiWesker said:

You're also in control of the items she holds via a fiddly menu. Up, down, left and right on the D-pad serve as quick select buttons. But you can only organise which items (usually guns) go in these four slots during mid-mission menus - a pointless restriction.

Context-sensitive melee attacks are rubbish - you should be able to batter an enemy in the face whenever you want, but you can only do it when the game randomly says so.

Its not random at all, there are very specific actions that allow a melee attack.

Paths are constantly blocked by obstacles that, in real life, would pose no problem to the average man, let alone muscle-man Chris Redfield.

Its a damn video game.

They want to the ability to melee and walk at the same time. And the 2nd point, I can't do nothing but laugh.

demigod

MiamiWesker said:

Its a damn video game.

lol that is so retarded. If they want to use logic, then why did previous games even need keys to unlock doors? Why not just break down the doors!

adamsapple

the fuck are they on with the meelee attacks being rubbish bullshit :S .

the meelee attacks are fuck-awesome, they save half the damn ammo in the first half of the game ..

fabs115

Picked up the game today in Chinatown. Played through the first two chapters. Pretty good so far, just getting into the swing of things. First mini boss was pretty cool.

chandoog said:
the fuck are they on with the meelee attacks being rubbish bullshit :S .

the meelee attacks are fuck-awesome, they save half the damn ammo in the first half of the game ..

But they want to be able to run around and puch everyone in the face. They want to be able to run around and shoot too. Hell why not allow the character just break down all the walls, screw game boundaries. Hey allow him to slow down time too, yeah this game needs this too.

Screw careful game design, throw all game mechanics in there, it will work out fine... :lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
does anyone have any info on who's going to be showing up at the San Francisco Launch party?

today I read a review in a magazine and it said that there's no title screen or ability to pause... it finally just went on to say that it's not a videogame at all, is there any truth to this?

Erebus

brandonh83 said:
today I read a review in a magazine and it said that there's no title screen or ability to pause... it finally just went on to say that it's not a videogame at all, is there any truth to this?

Did it say what it is eventually?:lol

gconsole

Sectus said:

You're right with your statement. But maybe 4 years and the jump between generation make people think it's not enough to do just adding improvement here and there.

cvxfreak

brandonh83 said:

What? It's possible to pause the game in offline mode.

cvxfreak said:
Takeuchi and Kawata.

I'll try to be there as well. Maybe they'll give autographs. :)

I dont think I have seen a producer promote a game as hard as Takeuchi, he is everywhere. Maybe only Kojima has ever been so many places and given so many interviews.

Top Bottom