• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

DihcarEM

blame space said:
Yes, yes, and my local video game store.

What? Ah shit, i thought all versions were the same and already orderd the asian version.
But in the demos all decaps were censored, so is it only the us/pal final game that shows the full decap?

Captain N

I got the Asian version and they don't show your head getting cut off. I thought they'd show that since I have it running on a US Playstation.

mattso

ship deck is so hard. I can't crack the score necessary to get an A. Me and this one guy got like 80k the one round and with like 12 seconds he got his head chopped off.

I have midterms tomorrow I need to study for tonight but I may give myself another few tries before I go to bed. So addicting.

For anyone who has the full game, is there any way to bring up a full map of the area you're in or is it like the demo where you only get the mini-map?

burgerdog

This game is so fun omg. Turned it off as soon as I got to CH6, I needed a break after fighting a few bosses and witnessing some very cool cinemas. Mercenaries, here I come!

Nemesis_

Captain N said:
I got the Asian version and they don't show your head getting cut off. I thought they'd show that since I have it running on a US Playstation.
I was playing Mercenaries the other day, and I was battling one of those secondary plagas that still look human but just have a mutated top. Basically, it "bit" my whole torso off, and my player characters lower body just fell to the ground and twitched.

I was surprised, since I thought it was totally censored. =/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No game for me pre-launch. Oh well, the street date is tomorrow, so I'm not really fussed.

cvxfreak

Sheva story tidbit:
I was disappointed at how we didn't see much about her plot in RE5 aside from the files. I hope we get to play as her in Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wait, does the U.S. version have more female enemies? They *are* in the Asian version, but there's only a few of them, and there is even a reason given in a memo in the game. If that was censored for some reason, they put a lot of work into doing that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
mattso said:
ship deck is so hard. I can't crack the score necessary to get an A. Me and this one guy got like 80k the one round and with like 12 seconds he got his head chopped off.

I have midterms tomorrow I need to study for tonight but I may give myself another few tries before I go to bed. So addicting.

Did you find the area you can zipline to that has two rocket launchers? It took several tries, but I was playing duo with someone last night and with those rockets, we finally got he points needed to hit A-rank.

And the next level...MAN. o_O

Oh man this is killing me. GAME have dispatched the strategy guide but is still waiting to release the game for packing.

DON'T LET ME DOWN GUYS. I've never pre-ordered a game from there that hasn't arrived a day before release so they better not start now.

masterkajo

I just started playing it on Veteran and I am wondering if I will unlock the achievements for Normal and Amateur also by beating it on Veteran since the times for the chapters are taken for each individual difficulty setting...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
masterkajo said:
I just started playing it on Veteran and I am wondering if I will unlock the achievements for Normal and Amateur also by beating it on Veteran since the times for the chapters are taken for each individual difficulty setting...

i distinctly remember someone posting in this topic earlier that beating on veteran also gives the awards for normal and amateur, so yeah, it should.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So I;m planning to play a solo run through on Vet for my first run through. To those who have finished, how is it? I'm looking for a good challenge (like I've said before, I want to be afraid of the Executioner, I don't want to take him down in less than a minute), but I'm worried the Sheva AI might get annoying if she dies quicker on vet.

adamsapple

Rez said:
So I;m planning to play a solo run through on Vet for my first run through. To those who have finished, how is it? I'm looking for a good challenge (like I've said before, I want to be afraid of the Executioner, I don't want to take him down in less than a minute), but I'm worried the Sheva AI might get annoying if she dies quicker on vet.

i'd suggest you don't go on veteran the first time through .. the enemy damage cap is just WAY too high and you'll be dying in two or three hits .. and the AI obviously, it can get separated and get killed really quickly in veteran ..

you should play on normal with the AI, then do a veteran run with a person.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
chandoog said:
i'd suggest you don't go on veteran the first time through .. the enemy damage cap is just WAY too high and you'll be dying in two or three hits .. and the AI obviously, it can get separated and get killed really quickly in veteran ..

you should play on normal with the AI, then do a veteran run with a person.
Ah, okay, fair enough. I've been hearing a lot about how easy the game is on Normal though, and I don't want to just cruise through the game.

I'll give both difficulties a try out when I get the game. Thanks for the advice.

fabs115

Finished chapter 2 last night, difficulty does ramp up after chapter 1. Seems like there is a lot of herbs/ammo around. I am not a great RE player by any means, but the only time I died was during the QTE that I wasn't expecting.. I find Sheva's AI isn't bad. A lot better then I thought it would be.

zoukka

Rez said:
Ah, okay, fair enough. I've been hearing a lot about how easy the game is on Normal though, and I don't want to just cruise through the game.

I'll give both difficulties a try out when I get the game. Thanks for the advice.

Don't listen to him. Vet is the only way to go.

burgerdog

cvxfreak said:
WTF @ the character model in this SPOILER-FILLED, NSFW URL: http://i42.tinypic.com/opsrqo.jpg

That character model appears in that game as is. YIKES!

Yep, you can see it in the cinema in slow motion.

I finished the game today, loved it. It pretty much felt like RE4 in HD so if you don't have a problem with that then you'll eat this game up. My only disappointment comes from the ending, it was a 30 second or so piece of garbage ;/ I had read that it was a meaty ending so I was looking forward to it ever since I got the game on Saturday.

wRATH2x

Banned
So I've just bought the game,gone through the first two parts of chapter 1 and it was awesome.

I'm really loving this game,I just wanna know how long it is.

adamsapple

Dark FaZe said:
Has anyone played the game on the hardest difficulty available from the get go? What specifically changes?

enemy damage cap is doubled. But you get more "style points" for finishing levels.

zoukka

chandoog said:
enemy damage cap is doubled. But you get more "style points" for finishing levels.

Are the enemies faster more aggressive? In RE4 pro they clearly ran more and were more accurate with the projectiles. Also Leon took twice as much damage.

adamsapple

zoukka said:
Are the enemies faster more aggressive? In RE4 pro they clearly ran more and were more accurate with the projectiles. Also Leon took twice as much damage.

yeah pretty much, they're more aggressive and do more damage .

R0nn

Just picked up the PS3 version from the local gamestore.

What is wrong with meeee, I NEVER buy multiplatform games for my PS3, they always end up in my 360!

Guess peer pressure from potential coop partners can really get to you. :D

masterkajo

Small achievement question. I am trying to get the "Drive By" achievement and I am at the start of chapter 2-1 (where the truck drives towards you). Is it even possible to get the achievement here because I tried for like 15 min and didn't get it (is this even an armored truck?)

Second, I just can't seem to get the "Headshot while jumping" achievement... is there a trick to it?

Captain N

masterkajo said:
Small achievement question. I am trying to get the "Drive By" achievement and I am at the start of chapter 2-1 (where the truck drives towards you). Is it even possible to get the achievement here because I tried for like 15 min and didn't get it (is this even an armored truck?)

Second, I just can't seem to get the "Headshot while jumping" achievement... is there a trick to it?

That isn't where you get the achievement for Drive By. You'll get that one in 2-2 I believe.

Look for spots where you use the sniper and they are jumping down from cliffs and you should be able to get Headshot while jumping pretty quickly.

masterkajo said:

Yeah I know I have the drive by achievement but dont remember when I got it. As for the headshot. I just waited till someone jumped at me from a ledge and shot them with the shotgun. BOOM HEADSHOT!

USD

Waiting for this game hasn't been too bad this week, at least not as bad as I expected. Even though all I think about all day is this game. And more than half of my dreams have been video game-related as a result. I feel a lot more excitement than desperation.

RPGCrazied

Time is going fast for me.. im reading the novels(by s.d. perry) not bad.

Im also replaying RE 4 PC(dont have a gcn or wii) It doesn't look half bad with the graphical enchantment mods. .

{Mike}

Banned
This world is a sad place to live in, no justice at all. Look, I just want to play RE5 too but can't because no stores are willing to break the street dates here. :*(

Just beat this game last night (got the game on Saturday :p) and overall this game is really a mixed bag on single player. I would be curious to know if people who've played the game through already found that it took a turn for the worse game play wise in chapters 5 and 6. I really loved the first four chapters but those last two.... not even near as fun to play especially the entirety of 6-3.

Specifically,
the gatlin-gun duo and Wesker fights were extremely limited in how you defeat them. I died a dozen times in the final Wesker fight jumping down off the cliff trying to pelt him in the head and back only to have Sheva commit suicide or running out of ammo in the process. Then when I tried fighting him where you start out... 60 seconds and he was down with one magnum hit to the back...WTF I should have been able to do it either way.

That said, I can absolutely see this game being a blast on co-op and would highly recommend playing the game that way if anyone has the opportunity to do so.

Davey Cakes

I think the fact that co-op is what puts the game in its best form is what gets me the most.

An enjoyable experience is an enjoyable experience, and I look forward to playing co-op with my brother, since we had fun with the demo. That said, it just kind of sucks how Resident Evil 4 was INCREDIBLE as a single-player game, and RE5 is only adequate in comparison.

The idea of Resident Evil needing to be better with a human partner is just bothersome, in a way. I really miss that feeling I had in REmake when I'd be playing alone, at night, with the lights turned off, and it was so creepy and tense, while fun and awesome. Such a memorable experience, and very much differentiated from typical gaming fare. Resident Evil 5's focus on action, especially when the market is flooded with pure-action games today, doesn't help.

I'll still enjoy the game, of course. I already had a blast with the demo. You can say "that's what matters" and I won't disagree. I'm just noting the potential downsides of RE5's direction.

Top Bottom