• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's a lot of back and forth on the overall quality of the game, but would you guys recommend I grab a copy? I really enjoyed the Uncharted games, and someone earlier in the thread made a comparison to the Telltale games. How much exploration/problem solving is there in the game?

Absolutely. it's a very original game and a lot of fun. Target has a nice promo of The Order + $20 PSN card/3Mo PSN+. I got that earlier today.

It doesn't really answer my question, though; I'm just wondering how much downtime there is, because I really find myself craving that these days.

I find it to be a mixture of a Tell Tale game and a TPS. It has very methodical pacing. If those sound fine by you, then definitely pick it up.

I'm enjoying the pacing quite a bit.

Yes he may be too young to know this, but what he did is still wrong. Fortunately the cat taught him a lesson. As soon as you are old enough to think about what you are doing, you need to know at least some basics of what is okay and what is not.

The kid is already crying and looking off toward his parent or whoever is filming before he hits the cat. In all likeliness the cat had already scratched or bit the kid and the kid after getting no help swung back at the cat in anger and pain.

We don't know what started it all, but it's clear the real culprit is whoever left the kid and cat on the bed and let it get to that point. If the kid started by playing to rough or being mean to the cat, remove one or the other. If the cat doesn't like kids and attacked the kid first, again remove one or the other.

I find it to be a mixture of a Tell Tale game and a TPS. It has very methodical pacing. If those sound fine by you, then definitely pick it up.

I'm enjoying the pacing quite a bit.

I like the sound of methodical pacing; might give this a shot. I'm okay with the idea of lots of cutscenes, I just want to know that I'll be able to take my time; I don't really wanna get shuttled around, you know?

Noobcraft

Here are some screenshots that he sent me:

11005643_10206078627268755_577990487_n.jpg

11002041_10206078627548762_412667411_o.jpg

These are a couple he sent me. He says its a 12gig file running on PlayStation firmware emulated on the PC.Will try to get more details!
Nobody has heard of the PS4 emulator? It even runs on the Xbox One. Here's Driveclub.
imag1258ljuor.jpg

imag12577cuz1.jpg

Do I even have to say they're fake?

No... Let Sony's developers keep their creative freedom. It worked on PS3, it'll work now.

Better that than a situation like last gen where every other game used UE3.

It worked for SOME games last generation. Certainly, not all.

Plus, this generation is a lot different than last.

It's not ridiculous, it's the absolute truth. Particularly on consoles.
Can you even name, say 20 games with an excellent story?
Mass Effect? B grade sci-fi, nothing exceptionnal
MGS? B grade espionage stuff
Silent Hill 2, ok
TLOU, ok
Compared to dozens and dozens of brilliant movie stories. There's just no competition.
Most game stories are teenage boy fantasies.

1. Dishonored
2. Bioshock
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Life is Strange (as of episode 2)
5. Wolfenstein: The New Order
6. Portal 2
7. Half Life 2
8. Stubbs the Zombie
9. Knights of the Old Republic
10. LA Noire
11. Alan Wake
12. Spec Ops: The Line
13. Red Dead Redemption
14. The Last of Us
15. The Walking Dead
16. Metro 2033
17. Metro Last Light
18. Dead Space
19. Grand Theft Auto IV
20. Grand Theft Auto V

And those are just ones I've just interacted with in some form or another, not to mention the dozens of games that I've never touched that people love, like Persona 4, any of the FF games, etc. It's hard to take you seriously when you say stuff like Metal Gear Solid is "B grade" level story despite the fact that so many view it as a game that made an impact on the industry because of how good the story was.

GHG

Gold Member
Nobody has heard of the PS4 emulator? It even runs on the Xbox One. Here's Driveclub.
imag1258ljuor.jpg

imag12577cuz1.jpg

Do I even have to say they're fake?

There's even a PS4 emulator on the Wii U.

The ps4 is nowhere near as powerful as they say. It was all an illusion from Sony.

I'm really enjoying this game. I'm on the third chapter right now, the visual and atmosphere are breathtaking and the story has intrigued me thus far.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm really enjoying this game. I'm on the third chapter right now, the visual and atmosphere are breathtaking and the story has intrigued me thus far.
Put a gun to my head and I wouldn't be able to tell you what's going on in the story. It's bored me so much that I've just stopped paying attention, which is a major negative for a cinematic game in my eyes. I'm starting to wonder if I would even enjoy the game were it not so god damn gorgeous.

I own it, i played it and beat it, i think you will love it or hate it...i leaned towards hating it... a beautiful disaster. BUT again, this is only my opinion. I think most reviews have it average at best and id agree, but i def do not think i spend 60 well on this

These are a couple he sent me. He says its a 12gig file running on PlayStation firmware emulated on the PC.Will try to get more details!

You can't seriously believe this, or even so much as entertain the likelihood of this possibly being even the smallest chance of being true, can you?

This game should be called "Doors you can't open in the year 1886". I have never in any game run up to so many doors and left disappointed that I cannot open them.

Almost done with the game in under 7 hours, its a good $10 or $20 game its ludicrous they are charging $60 for it. I got in on the $48 CE glitch last july from Best Buy, but still will be trading in the game itself and never touching it again.

Put a gun to my head and I wouldn't be able to tell you what's going on in the story. It's bored me so much that I've just stopped paying attention, which is a major negative for a cinematic game in my eyes. I'm starting to wonder if I would even enjoy the game were it not so god damn gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer.

wolfhowwl

Banned
I'm glad to see the US Gamer review call out the game on actually dropping the
"We're not so different, you and I!"
line. Hilarious.

Elixist

i can already see first person controller meme incoming. somebodys probably playing witcher 3 on wii u already lucky bastard.

Permanently A

Obviously this is sophisticated metacommetary on the oft posed question "Does watching a video game on YouTube equate playing it?"

This thread has utterly exceeded my wildest expectations.

gus-gus

Banned
Game was worth it to me just finished it. Few glitches, but well worth it. Love this and I liked ryse as well. I prefer new ip instead of the same old ones all the time. I dont mind the old ones just I need new settings in between. There are things they could improve in the sequel, but this was an excellent start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom