• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The semi-annual "Hey, let's get everyone hooked on BGII for 200 hours" thread.

I've had an urge lately to get some BGII action on, so I'm gonna install it + Throne of Bhaal and have a blast. I know a lot of you have a really bad tendency to re-install it whenever it's mentioned, so go get your discs and go crazy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I beat the game in around 80 hours last summer, WELL over half of that spent in Chapter 2 alone. The best chapter in the game really. Played as a Paladin knight that porked Viconia and chuckled at the loony philosophies of Korgan the racist dwarf.

Most difficult side-quest in the game? Killing the Demi Lich...

Oh and Throne of Bhaal is by far the best Infinity Engine product Bioware has ever put out. Aside from the archaic 2nd edition ruleset, the plot, pacing, and questing, is all top notch. TOP NOTCH! (Besting even Kotor) I am ashamed to admit I never did actually quite complete it tho....

And Jon Irenicus is a boob.

tenchir

Let's get an online game together or something. I want to roleplay a pacifist monk. "Let's try to talk it out with the Balor."

Prospero

Well, as long as this thread is here, I may as well ask a burning question:

I've got Baldur's Gate I, but couldn't be bothered to play it. Yet I hear a lot of good stuff about BG2. Is it worth taking a look at BG2 if you haven't played 1? (Isn't there a character transfer from BG1 to BG2 that gives you a level boost out of the starting gate?)

epmode

i owned baldur's gate 1 back when it came out, but never finished it. didn't really get very far, either.

that said, i just picked up bg2 + tob three weeks ago. it's fantastic, and you really aren't missing much from the first. sometimes, characters will refer to past events, but it's always easy to look up if you're interested.

Prospero: Well, you start out at level 7 in BGII already, so that's not too big a deal.

Tenchir: The infinity engine netcode supposedly sucks *all sorts of ass*.

Top Bottom