• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons - Season 26 |OT| The Season of the Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anime ones were
Maggie-Pikachu from Pokemon
Bart-Naruto
Lisa-Mikasa from Attack on Titan
Homer-Zoro from One Piece
Marge-Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach

mreddie

B0WaMPyCcAEehsY.jpg

Dr.Acula

Banned
What the hell was the point of the second sequence. It was just a bunch of Kubrick references. There wasn't a single joke.

trinest

None of them where really funny.

Like for example the Hell one, it was okay, but it was more about a story about Bart going to hell and doing well, not really laugh out loud or anything.

The only amazing section was the last 10 seconds which they did a homage to the first episodes photo scene.

Toad.T

Banned
Hell segment was alright. Treads old ground and suffers from the same repetitive nature of the show proper, but was still cool to look at and had some alright jokes.

Kubrick segment was meh. OK for the modern era movie parodies, I suppose, but it just felt as if they were spoofing the IMDB summary instead of the actual movie itself. (Compared to say, "The Shinning" which not only spoofed the movie, but other things about it/the author as well.)

Ullman segment was just non-stop reference after reference with only strings of plot hanging it together. I smirked at some of them (The Ullman Simpsons actually have some good dialogue that feels... timeless, for lack of a better word.), but it felt as if most of the effort was spent on the different animated versions then anything else. (I'd never imagine that Archer and Attack On Titan would be referenced back to back on this show. Congratulations for being somewhat recent, Simpsons!)

3.5/5 for Hell
2/5 for Kubrick
3 for Ullman

The Anime ones were
Maggie-Pikachu from Pokemon
Bart-Naruto
Lisa-Mikasa from Attack on Titan
Homer-Zoro from One Piece
Marge-Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach

I think SLH was supposed to be Shenron (DBZ) as well, but I only say that because they wouldn't go anywhere deeper than semi-popular anime for references. (That one couch gag similar to this scene should also give you some frame of reference for how deep they go.)

(If you forgot who was spoofed back then, it was Sailor Moon, Pokémon, Astro Boy, Battle Of The Planets/Gatchaman/G-Force and Ultraman)

AlexMogil

I enjoyed the different voice characterization and diction in the Ullman crossover also. Castellaneta brought back his Mathau and Bart's slower paced delivery was spot on. Kavner also had a bit of a drier voice.

Lisa didn't say anything did she?

I didn't recognise the spy one and the ugly nerdy ones, what are they referencing? And which art style were the 3D ones referencing, if anything? Was it just an updated version of classic 3D Simpsons renders? I think the characters have never looked better in 3D.

I didn't recognise the spy one and the ugly nerdy ones, what are they referencing? And which art style were the 3D ones referencing, if anything? Was it just an updated version of classic 3D Simpsons renders? I think the characters have never looked better in 3D.

The 3D ones are minions from Despicable Me.
Minions3.png

Dishwalla

Banned
The first 3D one was referencing Pixar, notice Homer was voiced by frequent Pixar collaborator John Ratzenberger. Although Santa's Little Helper seemed more like a reference to Dreamworks films than Pixar ones.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought the first was supposed to be claymation Simpsons? They seemed like clay to me...
Anime Simpsons (Pokemon, Naruto, Attack on Titan, One Piece, and Bleach. Not sure about Santa's LIttle Helper)
Adventure Time Simpsons
South Park Simpsons
Archer Simpsons
Sylvain Chomet Simpsons
Lego Simpsons
Despicable Me Minion Simpsons
And last was Animal Simpsons from Treehouse of Horror XIII

I thought the first was supposed to be claymation Simpsons? They seemed like clay to me...
Anime Simpsons (Pokemon, Naruto, Attack on Titan, One Piece, and Bleach. Not sure about Santa's LIttle Helper)
Adventure Time Simpsons
South Park Simpsons
Archer Simpsons
Sylvain Chomet Simpsons
Lego Simpsons
Despicable Me Minion Simpsons
And last was Animal Simpsons from Treehouse of Horror XIII

Spirited Away?
dyEzS3d.jpg

NimbusD

Oh man I actually thought this episode was great. Mostly because the current style of the simpsons lends itself to crossover type episodes where it's just joke and reference machines. But it's joking and referencing a show I love with great accuracy.

This has been the best season in years. I can't even think of a truly "terrible" episode yet. I want to do more in depth reviews later on once work settles down for me, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the solid, focused plot lines. Mind you, not on the classics level, but for prime time television, it's earning it's keep.

UberTag

I loved tonight's episode and Season 26 as a whole has certainly been rock solid since the abysmal season premiere.
We've still got one more ep on deck before the year wraps.

Astral Dog

The last i saw about a mean teacher was ok until until they change focus on the burning man and drugs, i wish it was about the teacher and Bart.

UberTag

This Sunday night on FOX...

I WON'T BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS - Sunday, December 7th

B30wxtDCMAIX-6f.jpg

I_Won%27t_Be_Home_For_Christmas_promo_1.jpg

I_Won%27t_Be_Home_For_Christmas_promo_2.jpg

I_Won%27t_Be_Home_For_Christmas_promo_3.jpg

I_Won%27t_Be_Home_For_Christmas_promo_4.jpg

MARGE DOESN'T APPROVE OF HOMER'S CHRISTMAS SPIRITS ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7, ON FOX

After Moe convinces Homer to stay out drinking on Christmas Eve, Marge tells Homer not to come home. This leads to Homer's sad trek through lonely Springfield, where he learns that the only place where one should truly get drunk on Christmas is home in the all-new "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Dec. 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Episode Production Code = TABF03
Head Writer = Al Jean (shockingly, this is Al's first lead writing credit since Season 12's Children of a Lesser Clod)

Sunday Funday Block Christmas Night Promo
The Couch Gag Before Christmas
Episode Clip #1 - Christmas Eve Blues
Episode Clip #2 - Homer, Come Home

Odds that Episode Will be Watchable = HIGH
Odds that Episode Will be Good = DECENT (Jean's first script in 14 years - right before his co-writing gig with Mirkin to kick off the year - how can you not be intrigued by that?)
Odds that Episode Will be Memorable = DECENT

Also, preceding this episode on FXX will be an all-Christmas themed Simpsons marathon...

4:00pm Marge Be Not Proud
4:30pm Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
5:00pm Skinner's Sense of Snow
5:30pm She of Little Faith
6:00pm 'Tis the Fifteenth Season
6:30pm Simpsons Christmas Stories
7:00pm The Fight Before Christmas
7:30pm Holidays of Future Passed

UberTag

Really strong episode tonight. Best of the season thus far by my count.
Well worth checking out in a few minutes for those of you on the West coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom