• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Glorious Leader must favour me. Got straight in today just like yesterday. Only on the subway screen for about a minute.
It was a smooth ride for me yesterday but now all I'm getting is "Could not connect to the game server." :(

AHK_Hero

Well I got through the tutorial but can't get into a game. Just goes back to title screen after the subway ride. Guess I'll give it a few more tries

I can't seem to connect either. The trippy effect of the endless subway ride is a cool looking consolation at least.

We use the screen stretch information from the PS4's OS, so if you have set that properly it will reflect correctly.

The curved letter boxing is part of the art direction to generate a cinematic experience. (imagine if you are sitting in a cinema with a big screen in front of you, you naturally get some curvature)

This kind of thing is a part of my mind's eye style, and if you look up my photography (dckyoto on flickr) or previous games I have made you will see this kind of thing a lot (PixelJunk Sidescroller, NomNomGalaxy etc)
I will be damned. It wasn't set up correctly in my settings. Huh.

Mik2121

Changed to my US account (that I use just to buy DLC if I buy a US region game) and went through the tutorial but couldn't get in the game either.

I will try a few times with my main account again and if I can't, I will just hope this gets fixed by release because I truly wanna keep playing this :(

Mik2121

Ahh... oh well, can't get in and apparently my US account won't work either so... I guess the first play was it. At least I got to play the 3 hours!

Great game. Hopefully all these issues are fixed by release. Everybody else have fun!

Ahh... oh well, can't get in and apparently my US account won't work either so... I guess the first play was it. At least I got to play the 3 hours!

Great game. Hopefully all these issues are fixed by release. Everybody else have fun!

Did you try a backup on the same region?

Again, sorry about the connection issues.

How do you regain health after losing it?

You can get health back by eating fruit (press square while holding it).

Hedgey

Yeah, still having the exact same problems as yesterday. Need a wipe of the online data to log back in, is what I'm assuming here. My friend who just started yesterday logged back in today. I've had no luck at all since 6AM EST on friday.

eFKac

I have no idea what I'm doing :-(

Need to read an extensive guide before the game comes out.

Any way of in game chat?

I'm currently sat on the bus at one of the islands waiting to go back into town. Have been for about 5 minutes now and it's not moving. There's a big monster attacking the town currently, will it not go back while that's happening or is this a bug?

Yea, this game is really cool, the atmosphere is wild. Music is amazing.

It's like a mix of The Void and Terraria. Though we'll see how much I can get into the formula. If it has more depth I may pick it up.

Mik2121

Did you try a backup on the same region?

Again, sorry about the connection issues.
What do you mean? I tried my US account, should I try making another JP account or?

Either way the main 3 emails I have are already connected to PSN accounts and if I had to make another email, go through the registration, etc.. I would end up with not too much time to play the beta.

The connection issues... no problem, if they are not there when the final game releases :p
I already got to enjoy the game and will buy the final product either way. Just release it soon, please!

5 minutes later, still stuck on the bus...

Monster has moved on so I guess it's not that. It just won't move. Must be a bug? Kinda sucks as there's no landmass between here and town so everyone out here is legitimately stranded (along with all our resources!).

Top Bottom