• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjellson

LoyOo.png

brad-pitt-seven_59884201.jpg

Linkhero1

Two things I learned from this.
1) Nintendo is releasing a controller with Digital triggers in 2012
2) That shitty uninspired nsmb mii is not just a tech demo (I kinda knew it wasn't but I was hoping it was)

Don't care about the social aspect, I am disappoint.

I totally missed this. I'm disappointed...

Bumhead

Banned
Nintendo definitely impressed me today. Can't wait for Tuesday for them to close the deal.

Yep, same.

Today was just about the right level of confirmed information - or even implied information such as sneakily putting a Black Wii U in there - to wet the appetite nicely for Tuesday for me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Two things I learned from this.
1) Nintendo is releasing a controller with Digital triggers in 2012
2) That shitty uninspired nsmb mii is not just a tech demo (I kinda knew it wasn't but I was hoping it was)

Don't care about the social aspect, I am disappoint.

To be fair, you were never not disappoint.

TunaLover

Miiverse sound exciting concept, my only grip is why they chose that 360 controller for Pro, why they didn't continue with the Gamecube design =/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Iwata basically said 3DS news would be at other events besides the press conference.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
May I again point out how wrong AceBandage was for insisting I was wrong when I said there would be another 2D-Mario game for Wii U so soon.

I fully expect the Wii U and 3DS version to connect.

Art style looks fantastic, by the way.

Iwata basically said 3DS news would be at other events besides the press conference.

Sounds like we'll get some additional hardware/OS news at E3 since he said that the majority of the conference would be for Wii U games and then later said that 3DS news would come at a later event. Hopefully we'll hear details on the trophy/achievement system.

Emitan

Sounds like we'll get some additional hardware/OS news at E3 since he said that the majority of the conference would be for Wii U games and then later said that 3DS news would come at a later event. Hopefully we'll hear details on the trophy/achievement system.

Hopefully we won't.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
IdeaMan redeemed ! Vindicated !

- No system redesign, you heard it first here

- NFC sensor under the D-Pad

- TV button near the power one to switch from the TV content to the console

- Wii U classic controller (a traditional one, without a screen)

- And a few hints about the OS features, multi-tasking, how it will occupy a lot of memory space, informations about a lot of backgrounds software running (like the Miiverse) etc, spread since the speculation thread 2 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and others posts)

I had to do this post, for the few doubters :p

I need a tag !

:p

Maybe the comments will have some progress metadata with them, so if their progress is beyond yours they won't show.

(or with open world just different checkpoint markers of some sort)
you underestimate assholes lol, what if someone knows the spoiler despite still being early on in the game and posts it anyway.

Not a huge deal but just a potential weird thing that could happen.

Plinko

Wii U pro sort of looked like it does have analog triggers, but probably doesn't. I was interested in trying Project CARS with the controller. Don't see the point now, or any racer besides mario kart

I have no idea HOW you can make that assumption based on the one picture we got.

It may or may not, but let's not go crazy with the negativity here. When I look at that picture, I see two slots at the side of each trigger, which in my mind shows they compress in the analog manner.

Fortunately I was able to catch the ND before going to my cookout. Loved how they made it a point to specifically zoom in on the new analog sticks and show them off and the click. LOVE the system UI and Miiverse, online chat and cross-phone, ect features. Zombie nerd comedy video was TERRIBLE but the features it showed were cool.

I really like the way NSMB Wii U looks, assuming that this is it

vlcsnap-2012-06-03-17c3co9.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-03-17zui3e.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-03-17cpfke.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-03-17d7fpv.png

abgcsy.gif

I agree, I really like the SMW style stone pillars in the background, looks nice. Hopefully this confirms it as a launch title.

Hey, guys just got back from my Uncle's 70th birthday. I see the post rate hasn't really gone up much, if at all, so I guess there isn't any news, right?

*looks*

suifiq3rgm,g/%)#^*!@@gfvhe4

Plinko

I'm 100% confident Nintendo will allow you to turn off the comment/possible spoiler system. I don't think that will be an issue at all.

Plinko

Am I the only one who thinks that the upper two shoulder buttons look like they have an awfully deep pressure way? Analog buttons on top? Does that even make sense?

That's what I was explaining earlier. They look analog to me.

Plinko

Yeah, the Zelda/Metroid icons were pure trolling unless we get something at E3. I'll bet we get something at E3.

I have no idea HOW you can make that assumption based on the one picture we got.

It may or may not, but let's not go crazy with the negativity here. When I look at that picture, I see two slots at the side of each trigger, which in my mind shows they compress in the analog manner.

Are you talking about Wii U pro pic? I said it sort of does look it it has analog, but If the Wii U controller doesn't have it, odds are the pro won't either. I'm not being negative just for the sake of being negative. I understand most won't give a shit, but racing is one of most favorite genre's, so this is very disappointing for me personally.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/Ljtvx.png[/IMG]

So, a game to game situation instead of being system-wide? That kind of comes across as being a a game specific achievement update.

Does anyone think that zombie game was a real title? It definitely wasn't CG, so they had to build it on an actual game engine.

What amazed me was how Iwata said that the E3 conference would be mostly about Wii-U games for the entire hour, and 3DS would not be discussed there! And then we already know that the next day has a show all about games as well. Think of what that means for the number of Wii-U games there are to show off...

Also, the system is online the moment you turn it on. This bodes well for their online service.

Plinko

Are you talking about Wii U pro pic? I said it sort of does look it it has analog, but If the Wii U controller doesn't have it, odds are the pro won't either. I'm not being negative just for the sake of being negative. I understand most won't give a shit, but racing is one of most favorite genre's, so this is very disappointing for me personally.

I think it is analog but I guess we'll see in a couple days.

If not, there are still about 6 months before release as well so time to change things.

Plinko

Not sure if you guys caught it, but the gold label "Cleared in under 100 seconds" on that Mario world map is clearly an achievement.

Instro

Pretty bad video, glad they didn't show all that campy shit at the conference. Looks like they are actually putting effort in the NSMB backgrounds this time thank god.

The Wii U Miiverse is basically like this

719xSummerWarsBR1280x720Sub-Espm-9.jpg

I got a summer wars vibe out of it. I hope it gets expanded in the future. Each Mii will also have its own Mount in about a year that is some pokemon or monster hunter or even mushroom kingdom related.

Nintendo has created a Virtual troll console with a draw something app and instant chat built in while you are playing a game. Watch out neogaf, you have just been disrupted. Trolls flock to WiiU.

Nintendo has also just coined a new phrase that aptly describes Neogaf:

Together Alone

Wii enables you to draw your status updates. Penis Jokes ensue.

Wii Call centers are now being developed for those people who cannot take part in "Together Alone" chats to help with games as they are forever alone. charges will apply per video call to call centre representatives.

Hardcore gamers hate on the WiiU Pro Controller as they do not want to use Y as the main button because only the A button is hardcore enough as the dedicated win button.

Presentation did not show two Game Pads being used. Mainstream media speculates that you can only use one game pad. Nintendo doomed.

What amazed me was how Iwata said that the E3 conference would be mostly about Wii-U games for the entire hour, and 3DS would not be discussed there! And thence already know that the next day has a show all abut games as well. Think of what that means for the number of Wii-U games there are to show off...

I missed that. Hopefully they won't fellate themselves too long about the wii sales and get down to business quick. That's my biggest pet peeve in any e3 press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom