• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

ColonialRaptor said:
One of my main goals in this game is to fornicate with every female that I possibly can... I will shattered if I miss one... therefore, I'm making sure that I do absolutely everything little thing that I can from everything little area.

Can someone give me a run down of who they f'd in Chapter 1?
Whores, glorious whores.

_Xenon_

Banned
K.Sabot said:
Dude, with Triss still in THE TAVERN.
Man I probably got the censored version. I've talked to almost all the working girls inside / outside the tavern but still no actions. They just replied me with one liner "Hi handsome".

Chesskid1

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
Man I probably got the censored version. I've talked to almost all the working girls inside / outside the tavern but still no actions. They just replied me with one liner "Hi handsome".

you're going to the basement of the tavern right? they have a whore room at the bottom of the tavern with like 8 whores whoring it up.

i didn't notice the whore room till i was whoreway down with the 1st chapter.

delirium

ColonialRaptor said:
One of my main goals in this game is to fornicate with every female that I possibly can... I will shattered if I miss one... therefore, I'm making sure that I do absolutely everything little thing that I can from everything little area.

Can someone give me a run down of who they f'd in Chapter 1?
I thought you could fuck
Melena after she says to meet you in the waterfall when you lie about her helping the squirrels, but that bitch just backstabs you.

52club

Decided to pick a physical copy of this up from Amazon to support a game with my wallet that actually is PC exclusive and pushes the graphics envelop. I didn't play the first one so I'm going to come straight into this one.

Peff

Ok, is Aerondight supposed to carry over to Chapter 1? Some people seem to have it, but it was gone for me after the memories in the prologue. Maybe it's a glitch?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Chesskid1 said:
you're going to the basement of the tavern right? they have a whore room at the bottom of the tavern with like 8 whores whoring it up.

i didn't notice the whore room till i was whoreway down with the 1st chapter.

My only complaint about that, is the whores that you can actually do have ugly character models, the good looking ones give you no such option!

Kyaw

Peff said:
Ok, is Aerondight supposed to carry over to Chapter 1? Some people seem to have it, but it was gone for me after the memories in the prologue. Maybe it's a glitch?

Yeah it probably is a glitch. I didnt see any option to pick up the stuff in the dungeon but i still had them after the landing in chapter 1.

Just heard a great LOTR reference in Chapter 2 :

Sorceress: I need you to find me a powerful magical object, a genie or one of the 20 magic rings.
Iorvan: One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them?
Geralt: Next thing you know I'll be running barefoot up a volcano.

Question : do you get a normal silver sword at the start if you don't import your old save?
If so, doesn't having aerondlight and a good meteorite save make things a LOT easier at the start?

Same question for the armor.

Solo

jim-jam bongs said:
The difficulty complaints are a bit sad really. Like, people always bitch about hating insta-kill enemies because they don't feel like they could have done anything to prevent their death. If you die in TW2 it's because you fucked up, so don't do whatever it is that you were doing.

Most of the time, yes, but not always. I've died SEVERAL times because for some reason my keystrokes haven't registered. When you've got 3 guys charging at you at you hit R and don't throw what you should have, or hit S to retreat and you don't move...fuuuuuuuuuu

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Conflict NZ said:
Just heard a great LOTR reference in Chapter 2 :

Sorceress: I need you to find me a powerful magical object, a genie or one of the 20 magic rings.
Iorvan: One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them?
Geralt: Next thing you know I'll be running barefoot up a volcano.

Haha yeah that was great there was another one in chapter 1 or was it early chapter 2

Ioverth : No problem, it'll be a piece of lemba.
Geralt : ..What?
Ioverth : Haha nothing

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Solo said:
Most of the time, yes, but not always. I've died SEVERAL times because for some reason my keystrokes haven't registered. When you've got 3 guys charging at you at you hit R and don't throw what you should have, or hit S to retreat and you don't move...fuuuuuuuuuu
There was also one cheap moment i had in the caves where i completely got backed into a corner with a spawn of enemies, so yeah i think It's a bit unfair to insulate that for every player!

Salaadin

I seem to only lose control after I alt-tab out and back. It happened to me twice now and both times were shortly after I alt-tabbed.

suikodan

Anyone here bought a physical version? If yes, I'd like to know if you had to register your game by creating an account on thewitcher.com. I try to do that but it says it can't establish a connection with the server. I'm wondering about what to do.

I've read that I would need to do a windows update but I find that bizarre. I'll try it anyways when I get back from work.

I got the game on day 1 but I can't activate it. I read your comments about the game and simply can't wait to play it!!!

Solo said:

That sounds terrible, I'm playing on a pad so I didn't know that. Well I guess the clarification is that if the controls register correctly then deaths are merely educational, otherwise they're just plain irritating.

Oh and, no insulation intended.

syoaran

Solo said:

I found that I'm rolling all the time, that and laying down a trap. Hard work on the fights, but very rewarding when I clear some mobs. Feel like I should have Peppy shout out his trademark Starfox phrase.

Soule

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Finally tried playing a game of dice.

Rolled, two fell off the board. h8 life.
bahaha just reading a few pages back to catch up and saw this, same thing happened to me on my first try, wish we still had :lol

_Xenon_

Banned
suikodan said:
Anyone here bought a physical version? If yes, I'd like to know if you had to register your game by creating an account on thewitcher.com. I try to do that but it says it can't establish a connection with the server. I'm wondering about what to do.

I've read that I would need to do a windows update but I find that bizarre. I'll try it anyways when I get back from work.

I got the game on day 1 but I can't activate it. I read your comments about the game and simply can't wait to play it!!!
I play the physical version (2 dvds). Just finished registration this morning and downloaded troll trouble without any problem.
Win7 sp1. Not sure about the windows update.

Kerrinck

Weird question but I just installed the Witcher 2 and when I try to register the game to get the dlc, I can't type into the login part.
Anyone else had this issue?

Darklord

Banned
For some reasons I can't register to thewitcher.com and get the DLC. I tried setting up an account via the game launcher and I can't type anything in. I tried going to the site and can't click on register or log in. What the hell?

zlatko

Banned
Fuck the troll quest. To anyone who hasn't done it... consider reading this so you don't get jewed out of the best reward:

If you decide to the dice quest around town before the troll quest, you will be fucked out of Ravens Armor Schematics. At the end of the dice quest you can opt to take a reward from Sadler and one of the options is a trolls head, but that option won't appear unless you are on the troll quest. If you pick any other reward, before you are this part of the troll quest, then you will never be able to get the head to bring it back to the male troll for the armor. Fucking horse shit, because there's no way to know this, and in fact it's somewhat buggy because even when you do go to see him for the troll head on his wall he'll say he'll give it to you if you beat him in dice... well guess what? I did 10 in a row without losing and he still won't cough it up.

So yeah, pretty big over sight on CDProjket's part, and it pisses me off I can't get that item now. :/

rSpooky

oK, clarify this for me guys .. Is this game all about fucking or what? cause that seems the talk of the land.. But if gameplay is centered around that is going to be a bit of a hard sell to my wife i think.(she had no problem with DA's b.t.w)

Audioboxer

Just done a quest called The Scent of Incense. Need some help recovering my weapons though?

Killed all the bandits, but it seems they took my weapons before locking me up, and I can't find them? Do you lose them permanently?!

Thanks

Echoplx

zlatko said:
Fuck the troll quest. To anyone who hasn't done it... consider reading this so you don't get jewed out of the best reward:

If you decide to the dice quest around town before the troll quest, you will be fucked out of Ravens Armor Schematics. At the end of the dice quest you can opt to take a reward from Sadler and one of the options is a trolls head, but that option won't appear unless you are on the troll quest. If you pick any other reward, before you are this part of the troll quest, then you will never be able to get the head to bring it back to the male troll for the armor. Fucking horse shit, because there's no way to know this, and in fact it's somewhat buggy because even when you do go to see him for the troll head on his wall he'll say he'll give it to you if you beat him in dice... well guess what? I did 10 in a row without losing and he still won't cough it up.

So yeah, pretty big over sight on CDProjket's part, and it pisses me off I can't get that item now. :/

There's a better set of armor in Flotsam then the Raven armor, when you do the quests related to Loredo you should find it.

Echoplx

Just done a quest called The Scent of Incense. Need some help recovering my weapons though?

Killed all the bandits, but it seems they took my weapons before locking me up, and I can't find them? Do you lose them permanently?!

Thanks

Your stuff should be
inside a chest in the cave
, use the 'z' key to highlight lootable chests/boxes etc

zlatko

Banned
3chopl0x said:
There's a better set of armor in Flotsam then the Raven armor, when you do the quests related to Loredo you should find it.

Hmmm. There's a lot of quests related around Lordeo. Which armor are you exactly referring to?

Audioboxer

3chopl0x said:
Your stuff should be
inside a chest in the cave
, use the 'z' key to highlight lootable chests/boxes etc

LOL,
I opened the chest that was pretty much right in front of me when exiting the cell,
and somehow managed to check my inventory and completely miss them! My two swords that is. In amongst
a load of other junk picked up inside the chest.

Thanks!

zlatko

Banned
fanboi said:
I have the GOG version... Troll trouble, is it only for steam?

Nope. All DLC for this game is free(minus pre order equipment).

When you do the launcher for the game, click on downloadable content, click troll trouble, don't put in any code and just click download, once it's downloaded, click on it again there, and go to install.

Snuggler said:
WILL IT SUPPORT A GAMEPAD?
xbox_360_controller-sm0c4p.png

Yes, TW2 will support a gamepad. In fact, it has been demoed with it on numerous occasions. Everything from the combat to the list based inventory has been designed with a gamepad in mind.

fucking sold. buying this today

Tacitus_

I just finished it. In a single sitting. 25 hours of badassery and cursing at getting stuck on a cobblestone while rolling. I did miss a lot of sidequests apparently so a full clear would be easily past 30h.

Now I'm going to contemplate what is wrong with me.
Maybe start a 2nd run next week to try to get a different ending.

Solo

Tacitus_ said:
I just finished it. In a single sitting. 25 hours

What the hell, mang?

1. How do you manage that? Between work and other commitments, I'm lucky if I can game for more than 2-3 hours a day.
2. How do you enjoy that? Even when I do get a chance to play longer on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I find after about 5 hours max I have had enough and need to do something else.
3. Weren't you dead dog tired the last third of the game? Being half awake doesn't sound like the best way to experience this game?

iNvid02

wow lol, i've played about 7hrs and am still early in the first town, taking my sweet time with oit

edit: exactly what solo said, even if i have unlimited time to play i need to do something new after 4-5hrs usually, also last night i was a bit sleepy so i just turned it off and went to bed. i played it this morning wide awake and its much better, i can concentrate at least

zlatko

Banned
I'm 18 hours in and still in the first chapter. Still have side quests to do lol. Not sure why people want to rush big open RPGs like these, but to each his own I guess.

Edit: 25 hours in one sitting? Poop sockin it hard.

Audioboxer

How well does this play with a controller? I have a wired 360 controller for the PC.

Also, WAIT TILL HE DROPS HIS FUCKING GUARD. Ahhhh.

Echoplx

zlatko said:
Hmmm. There's a lot of quests related around Lordeo. Which armor are you exactly referring to?

Astrogarus' armor and you should find it while doing the 'indecent proposal' quest, make sure you loot everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom