• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
raphier said:
Guys, you won't ploughing believe who I just saw

witcher2.jpg

Is that who I think it is?
Can't be a coincidence, or can it?
it's a coincidence

im not sure how they name people in this game, but several people came up with the name "alvin" more than a couple of times

it's nothing

~Kinggi~

Banned
Guys for Witcher 2 support requests on possible compensation for the CRC error use this email. You should get response soon.

tw2support@thewitcher.com

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Exuro said:
Going with Iorveth provides different experiences for ch 2 and ch 3. New quests and all.
How is the start for Ch 2 with Roche? Because the start of Ch 2 with Iorveth IS FUCKING AWESOME.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hum, the game black screens if I finish the
drugs
quest by
getting the dude to close his shop
. I do this after having
sold the formula
but idk if that's related, it seems they're separate quests. There's no reward if I choose to believe the dude, which works ok, so I don't really wanna move on like that. The game actually is still running in the background, I heard it started raining even, though none of my controls seemed to work so I guess it was stuck in the transition from dialogue to gameplay?

While on the subject it was also weird that there was no choice to give the real
drug dealers
a piece of my mind that would result in slaughter instead of the "
don't threaten me
" shit and closure of the quest (though I can still kill them since they attack if I draw my weapon in the area I doubt that changes anything, the quest is complete by that point).

Tokubetsu

thetrin said:
How is the start for Ch 2 with Roche? Because the start of Ch 2 with Iorveth IS FUCKING AWESOME.

The start is epic as hell with Roche. I've heard their endings are a bit different though. Chapter 2 with Roche is fairly grimdark and the ends on a sour note.

Kyaw

HixxSAFC said:
Heh, was talking to Roche after the blatant pervert caught up with us in the bath house and when I went to finish the conversation I got ported into the middle of a river, completely stuck. Nice.

That happened to me too!

I just reloaded the autosave.

RedSwirl

Darkkn said:
Remove legacy save games. http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/savegame_cleanup_utility/page1
It takes time for the game to read all the many gigs of save files from the drive. It's a dumb oversight for the game to make so goddamn many saves.

I had this problem in TW1 but not TW2 so far (only in Chapter 1 but I have A LOT of files already). Does it just take longer for it to happen? Or is it the reason why it sometimes takes literally 30 seconds for the pause menu to show up when I press start?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
"well I'll be ploughed by a ferret"

what a great expression

this is probably the most quotable game since Deus Ex

The game really throws a lot of nice gear at you at the beginning of chapter 3. Some spoilers involving chapter 2 Roche path, and early chapter 3 exploration:

One thing I've found is that I haven't managed to craft an epic boss armour in time for it to be useful to date. Chapter 2 I stumbled upon Seltkirk's armour almost immediately which tided me over until Dethmold gave me something nicer, so the Kayran armour never got used. Then in chapter 3 I found the armour in the sewers pretty much immediately too, so there was no point crafting the Draug armour.

And spoilers for a chapter 2 side-quest which ends in chapter 3 called "From a Bygone Era":

The reward was an awesome surprise, great change of pace from items and a nice way to give players a chance to respec without it being game breaking.

Hixx

Game really doesn't like RadeonPro's screenshot function. From corrupted screens to it crashing the game, shame.

NeededSleep

cleveridea said:
I think it was http://www.en.thewitcher.com/support/, I used their web site support form

did they tie your gog.com version to the same activation code as your physical copy?

I ask because thats acceptable for a regular retail edition, but not for a $130 CE

They gave me the premium edition of the game on gog.com. Which is basically the CE edition minus all the physical stuff we got with the CE. They gave me a new CD key with the gog.com version. I would assume that the old CD key i gave them is no longer valid.

Im finishing up my last 17 minutes of downloading from gog.com to know what exactly i got. But from my understanding you enter codes at the start screen for the extra dlc. I thought the only thing different content wise for in game was the different codes for different jackets we can wear.

Van Buren

Did anyone talk to Ves during chapter 2 after the arena sidequest ? The voice actor for Geralt was amazing there.

Also, one can always rely on Dandelion for a laugh - "It seems you have two women, when in fact you have none." Geralt just glared at him.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lime said:
I think plough is my new favourite word.

I'm prefer calling people whoresons.

But don't tell Roche that...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dumbass question incoming, but how do I view the contracts? I picked up two on a notice board but can't find them in my inventory or in my journal. Can't find anything in the tutorial either.

Tokubetsu said:
Don't remember that quest at all. (Went with Roche).
As did I. I think it started in the basement of the hut on the hill in Chapter 2. Marget's notes, IIRC.

Oh, and I just finished my first playthrough. 40 hours. Now time to give LA Noire some love!

Easy_D said:
Dumbass question incoming, but how do I view the contracts? I picked up two on a notice board but can't find them in my inventory or in my journal. Can't find anything in the tutorial either.

They are in your "books" tab in your inventory.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
EternalGamer said:
They are in your "books" tab in your inventory.
Odd, there's nothing there. I picked 2 sidequests up at the noticeboard too. Do I have to advance in the story to unlock them or did I suffer a terrible bug? :(

Alexios

Hum, I kept trying to make a type of bomb and it said created but then checking my inventory there was nothing there, wtf... I didn't have that type equipped already so it's not that it got in that stack instead either. I can't bother checking if it consumed the materials without making the item either but, wtf.

Why, why did they have to ruin dice. It was perfectly fine in 1, but it's just so much worse now.
Yeah, it felt perfectly polished as a mini game in the first game, I dunno why they added the jank they did for the sequel. Maybe to match the rest of the game xD

toasty_T said:
Question (or two, or three): I'm thinking about buying the Dragon Scale Armor in chapter two, will I regret it? It'll cost me pretty much all my money. I've only done a couple of the storyline quests and all the sidequests so far. Will I have enough time to take advantage of it? If not will I make a substantial amount of money between this one and the next?

Anyone, is it a bad idea to blow all my money at this point?

Alexios

Wallach said:
What'd they do to dice? Why fuck with poker dice?
The rules are the same I think so don't worry about that, just the controls and camera are off making it somewhat annoying.

Kyaw

Lostconfused said:
Why, why did they have to ruin dice. It was perfectly fine in 1, but it's just so much worse now.

Yeah i dont like it as much now...

And you can't bet much more than 10orens and the max would probably be like less than 50-60.

What are the best ways of making money? I want to get that Dragon Scale armour.

Exuro

Alextended said:
The rules are the same I think so don't worry about that, just the controls and camera are off.
Rules are slightly different. It's whoever wins instead of best out of 3. I hate how you can barely see what you opponent has. It is better in terms of being random. I remember in the first having to play higher tiered characters several times because the game was being so cheap.

robotrock

Banned
Help! In chapter 2, if you chose the
non-human
path,
I need to find Zolton at the inn, but I can't find the inn! Or, I have found it, but it seems to be locked.
Any advice?

Yeah, dice is much worse to play. Balanced out by only needing to win one match, I guess.

Chapter 2 start is epic. I made a saved game so I can make some other decisions and see which I want to follow through on in my first play through.

Combat has grown on me and is quite enjoyable, now.

Launch was terrible, technically. I've had to do multiple installs and then I had to do some creative things to get Troll Trouble to work before advancing, but I figured I let them get their shit together before worrying about my DLC jackets.

Jenga

Banned
After beating the game I read The Last Wish.

Gotta hand it to the game writers, they've captured the essence of Geralt's adventures in videogame form perfectly. I kinda wished they would do an expansion or something consisting of all the short stories and you'd be able to make your own decisions which would give you different outcomes or something.

Ok, obviously the entire point of Geralt's amnesia is to say he already has a definite backstory, but I like my idea better :)

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
robotrock said:
Help! In chapter 2, if you chose the
non-human
path,
I need to find Zolton at the inn, but I can't find the inn! Or, I have found it, but it seems to be locked.
Any advice?

very bottom, there's an elf and a notice board next to it

Wazzim

Banned
Jenga said:
After beating the game I read The Last Wish.

Gotta hand it to the game writers, they've captured the essence of Geralt's adventures in videogame form perfectly. I kinda wished they would do an expansion or something consisting of all the short stories and you'd be able to make your own decisions which would give you different outcomes or something.

Ok, obviously the entire point of Geralt's amnesia is to say he already has a definite backstory, but I like my idea better :)
You have beating it already? How long is the story to play through? I'm only at chapter 1 doing some side-quests now.

i just finished the game.. the ending compared to the previous chapters is definitely lacking but i do believe we will see expansions.. AND what's going on with the side quests? i ran into 16-19 at max in my first play, did i miss a lot?

Salaadin

Act 1, early 2 spoilers:
Great finish to the first Act. I actually had a tough time deciding on who I was going to side with but ended up with Roche. Kaedwin is cool so far but Im assuming Iorveth gets me to Vergen, right? That one looked so nice in the videos :(

Crazy way to start Act 2 as well. I like Saskia. I hope by choosing Kaedwin, I dont miss out on some cool stuff with her

Jenga

Banned
Wazzim said:
You have beating it already? How long is the story to play through? I'm only at chapter 1 doing some side-quests now.
a good 25-35 hours if you do EVERYTHING

i left the game on at menu by accident so i can't give you an accurate number from my steam profile :(

Echoplx

Jenga said:
a good 25-35 hours if you do EVERYTHING

i left the game on at menu by accident so i can't give you an accurate number from my steam profile :(

I spent 22 hours just on the prologue and chapter 1, depends on how you play i guess.

Act III help, please. I'm either blind or dumb but I cannot find the the sewer entrance. I'm right outside of the place where everyone is playing dice, if that helps. :/ Thanks.

Exuro

mercenar1e said:
im going to give this game a few more plays but i do wish CD Projekt releases more side quests
The game screams expansion packs. I don't want to say the game is rushed or unfinished(well the end feels like that) but there are a lot of things that could be filled. I'm replaying it with different choices and have notice a lot of doors that don't do anything in Flotsam. I could easily see them adding side quests that make buildings/doors available with a side quest giver inside. The 3rd act though seriously needs more content. The way the beginning of the game progresses is great but near the end it become too fast pace and talents and armor and weapons don't feel as important. If it were possible I'd want them to restructure the main quest line in chapter 3 and extend it a bit. It was just too short.

Salaadin

3chopl0x said:
I spent 22 hours just on the prologue and chapter 1, depends on how you play i guess.

Yeah I probably topped off at 15-18 hours for Act 1 and thats me low balling my estimate. I really wish there was an in game timer.

Kyaw

Exuro said:
The game screams expansion packs. I don't want to say the game is rushed or unfinished(well the end feels like that) but there are a lot of things that could be filled. I'm replaying it with different choices and have notice a lot of doors that don't do anything in Flotsam. I could easily see them adding side quests that make buildings/doors available with a side quest giver inside. The 3rd act though seriously needs more content. The way the beginning of the game progresses is great but near the end it become too fast pace and talents and armor and weapons don't feel as important. If it were possible I'd want them to restructure the main quest line in chapter 3 and extend it a bit. It was just too short.

Enhanced Edition?

This game needs an in-game timer. (in saves and such)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom