• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
Just finished my second play through.
Roche is a fucking boss. I can't believe he actually cut off Deth's balls, and cut his throat. I was like "he isn't going to- oh fuck he did!" This time I let both the dragon and Letho live, while previously I killed both. I also saved the girl and gave her to the Redanian king rather then going for Triss.

Overall, happy with the
Roche
path. I feel like I got more out of it then the
Iorveth
path because there's an optional boss in the 3rd chapter that you can't even do if you don't pick
Roche's
path.

I do want to go back and do a 3rd play through when some more DLC is out as I wasn't satisfied with the ending I got to
Iorveth's
path. Instead of
sticking with him and helping him out, I went my own separate way and he ended up getting fucked up by a wizard and on the verge of death. I was really disheartened when I saw him laying on the ground all charred from magic. I'd like to go back and rectify that.

All in all still in love with the game. I think I'm going to give it a break now, wait for Infamous 2 and then in a few weeks pick it back up for my 3rd run.

scy

Everybody keeps saying you can't do the optional boss fight in Chapter 3 on the Iorveth path. That's not true. You're never sent to the area where you get the item for it as part of a quest but you can still go there and grab it once you're able to travel around that part of the map.

Awesome patch notes!

So glad they are fixing the stick controls with 1.2, looking forward to starting my Iorveth path playthrough this weekend.

Also, "coiffeuses" is my new favourite word.

Kyaw

mileS said:
I wonder if the patch will fix the messed up preset values from config options or w/e.

You mean the graphic config options?

Set the user.ini file to read-only and it shouldn't overwrite the settings any more.

dc89

Without spoiling that game for me can anyone just give me any kind of idea what these paths are?

Do I have to make choices which completely alter the course of the game?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
dc89 said:
Without spoiling that game for me can anyone just give me any kind of idea what these paths are?

Yes. There is only one massive choice that completely changes Chapter 2, but there are lots of other choices that change your course in the game or even kill off (or save) certain major characters.

Kyaw

dc89 said:

Near the end of Chapter 1, you have to choose between Iorveth or Roche.
That choice COMPLETELY alter the path. This changes the environment of Chapter 2.

Then there's many smaller(or equally important) choices that affect characters and smaller branches. Can't tell you more without spoiling really.

Salaadin

Can someone clue me in on "With Flickering Heart", Act 2 Iorveths Path:
I examined the bodies and thought I got everything. Geralt comes to the conclusion thats a succubus. I speak to her and she tells me that its not her and that the elf who gave me the quest loves her and is jealous of her hot goat sex with other guys so hes been killing them. I approach the elf with this and he adamantly denies it. I take his word over hers and kill the succubus.

Did I make the right choice here? They both denied it so one of them was lying OR there was a 3rd person involved.

dc89 said:

Completely different quests, characters to interact with and stories

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Salaadin said:
Can someone clue me in on "With Flickering Heart", Act 2 Iorveths Path:
I examined the bodies and thought I got everything.

The elf was guilty. If you buy a tweezer like device from one of the NPC vendors near the south side of Vergen, you can extract the metal shard from the victim's body in the Dwarven Catacombs. Take that as evidence to Iorveth and return to the succubus who will reward you with a hot, steamy plough.

Salaadin

Snuggler said:
The elf was guilty. If you buy a tweezer like device from one of the NPC vendors near the south side of Vergen, you can extract the metal shard from the victim's body in the Dwarven Catacombs. Take that as evidence to Iorveth and return to the succubus who will reward you with a hot, steamy plough.

No way. Geralt mentioned that and I did nothing about it. So youre telling me that
I killed an innocent succubus and the real murderer lives? So tempted to reload my save on that one but I wont. Damnit

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Salaadin said:
No way. Geralt mentioned that and I did nothing about it. So youre telling me that
I killed an innocent succubus and the real murderer lives? So tempted to reload my save on that one but I wont. Damnit

Yes, and worst of all
you missed out on the kinkiest sex scene in the game.

Coldsnap

nib95 said:
Copy of Witcher II - Check
Xbox 360 wired controller - Check
Time to actually play the game - Zilch...

I've been going through the PC game like an hour at a time. It actually works really well as segmented parts; makes the game seem way epic. Like I spent 2 weeks in the first town, was awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1stStrike said:
Just finished my second play through.
Roche is a fucking boss. I can't believe he actually cut off Deth's balls, and cut his throat. I was like "he isn't going to- oh fuck he did!" This time I let both the dragon and Letho live, while previously I killed both. I also saved the girl and gave her to the Redanian king rather then going for Triss.

You kinda missed the best moment in Iorveth path
Go with him not Triss..not gonna ruin it for you.

So tempted to reload my save on that one but I wont. Damnit

I know I did :p I felt bad about it and reloaded my save.

Is the ending the same regardless of chosen paths?

I consider what happens in Chapter 3 if you
pick Roche/Iorveth
to be part of the ending. So no the ending is different.

mileS

Kyaw said:
You mean the graphic config options?

Set the user.ini file to read-only and it shouldn't overwrite the settings any more.

oh yea I know all that, I'm just saying for the people that didn't set the user.ini to something custom. If you don't the presets in the options make some of the settings goto wrong values I believe.

Coldsnap

Should I spend all my Orens to make the VRAN ARMOR? Seems pretty nice, I also got a ARMOR OF YS diagram in the same room. Sorta strange that they would give you two diagrams in the same room. Seems like the VRAN is the best one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah Vran is better, but what's the point :( It comes TOO late in the game.

edit: So yes it's worth all your money since you aren't gonna use the money for anything anyway.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Coldsnap said:
Should I spend all my Orens to make the VRAN ARMOR? Seems pretty nice, I also got a ARMOR OF YS diagram in the same room. Sorta strange that they would give you two diagrams in the same room. Seems like the VRAN is the best one.

The Ys armor is better if you're magic focused.

Playing on Hard with all the best armor/weapons made the last few fights really easy.

I was mostly Swordsman build with a few points into magic.

Ending of chapter 3 spoilers
The fight with Letho at the end was ridiculously easy, even when he managed to hit me with a spell it took the smallest portion of health off. Then with those beast swords I demolished him.

rabhw

Chaper 2 (Verden) sidequest help please!

"With Flickering Heart"
I've gone to the Catacombs with the surgical tools, retrieved the poem book, and the metal shard from the guy's arm.

Went back to talk to Dandelion, and told him to meet me at the burned village at midnight.

When I go there at midnight, the poem I'm supposed to summon the succubus with isn't working.

The only options I have are:

(First part)
1.) If you wish, my love...
2.) If our bodies...
3.) I give up.

(Second part)
1.) My heart would inquire...
2.) We'd admire our virtues...

(Third part)
1.) Or grasp me elsewhere...
2.) Or treat it as a morsel...

I've even read the "proper" solution to this, and I don't have the "real" options that I need to summon it properly, so I have to just quit and fail the quest.

What am I missing?

Enkidu

rabhw said:

"With Flickering Heart"
I've gone to the Catacombs with the surgical tools, retrieved the poem book, and the metal shard from the guy's arm.

Went back to talk to Dandelion, and told him to meet me at the burned village at midnight.

When I go there at midnight, the poem I'm supposed to summon the succubus with isn't working.

(First part)
2.) If our bodies...
3.) I give up.

(Second part)

(Third part)

I've even read the "proper" solution to this, and I don't have the "real" options that I need to summon it properly, so I have to just quit and fail the quest.

What am I missing?
I don't think you are missing anything, you just need to do them in the right order. Unless your game is bugged, there are no "options" that you are missing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
rabhw said:

"With Flickering Heart"

(First part)
2.) If our bodies...
3.) I give up.

(Second part)

(Third part)

What am I missing?

I'm not sure but I think it's 2,1,2 ?

gotee12

Helmholtz said:
The game is 10 dollars off? Are you serious?
I just bought it yesterday :/
Oh well...
The discount and the awesome support the devs are showing convinced me to buy it today. Glad I waited.

rabhw

Enkidu said:
I don't think you are missing anything, you just need to do them in the right order. Unless your game is bugged, there are no "options" that you are missing.

The "correct" answer according to many sites is:

Should our bodies ever sing with pride
My heart would ask your white hands
Whether they would hold it
As you open my chest wide

No combination of any of the choices I have opens up those choices. I'm guessing my game is bugged or something....

Helmholtz

gotee12 said:
The discount and the awesome support the devs are showing convinced me to buy it today. Glad I waited.
It just sucks for me since I literally bought it like a day before this sale. Not that the game isn't worth the $50, it's just shitty timing for me. I didn't expect it to go on sale for months.

Gestahl

rabhw said:

No combination of any of the choices I have opens up those choices. I'm guessing my game is bugged or something....

I did this quest and I definitely never chose any of those lines. I never saw any of them.

gotee12

Helmholtz said:
It just sucks for me since I literally bought it like a day before this sale. Not that the game isn't worth the $50, it's just shitty timing for me. I didn't expect it to go on sale for months.
It was a surprise to me as well. I don't guess Steam would credit you the difference? (Assuming you bought it from Steam...)

Enkidu

rabhw said:

You aren't missing any alternatives, the ones you posted before are the ones you should have. If nothing else just brute force it, there aren't that many combinations.

Xtyle

rabhw said:

"With Flickering Heart"

(First part)
2.) If our bodies...
3.) I give up.

(Second part)

(Third part)

What am I missing?

I tried it many times and it always failed...so I gave up in the end

Xtyle

rabhw said:

I got none of these as well

Holy fuck the start of the game.
The character of
King Foltest dies at the start?
Thats having some big balls there,
he was a major character from the novels and the first game, and boom, just with a second they kill him. Totally surprise. I wonder what does Sapkowski thinks of this? maybe really nothing, watching what he did with Gerealt in the last novel, fuckin pitchforked by a guy named rob. Lamest death for an epic fantasy character ever :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom