• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so I am guessing a PS3 version will probably hit 6 months after the 360 version. Witcher 3 day and date all three.

I would prefer a version on the Vita compared to PS3 though. I've already got he pc version waiting for me.

Zeliard

"A number of fixes have been made in blocking functionality during combat. Also, player character responsiveness in combat has been improved, and Geralt can attack more than one target during normal combat."

Curious to check this out.

Zeliard said:
"A number of fixes have been made in blocking functionality during combat. Also, player character responsiveness in combat has been improved, and Geralt can attack more than one target during normal combat."

It's promising. The game desperately needs to be more fluid.

Peff

Yay, combat is mostly fixed now! The delay for blocking and using signs/traps is completely gone, now it happens right after doing it without having to stop. Haircuts are 50 Orens each and all of them look cool, so that's a little extra for further replays. The delay when pausing the game is also gone, which is great. Gamepad support seems fine again too. If they fix the spotty hit detection and balance a couple of things the combat will be pretty much perfect. Remember that the patch defaults to the original settings.

Salaadin

Zeliard said:

Me too. Does blocking take less vigor? More responsive?
Im also curious about attacking more than one target in combat...theres a skill for this. Are they removing the skill and making it a passive ability? I guess the only way to realyl find that out would be to start a new game before that ability is unlocked.

mik83kuu said:
Will buy for 360 day 1 just to give them my monies (and replay this masterpiece of a game).
Better buy another PC copy and give it away then. CDprojekt needs all the help they can get, sure, but PC gaming does as well. I would prefer to keep CDprojekt games more PC centric.

Salaadin

VisanidethDM said:
I ignore the scores, as far as Edge reviews go. TW2 is a massively better game than DA2, so I'll keep doing so.

But the text of the review is quite accurate. I share many of the same criticism.

I wonder if CDPR knew of the score when they took that light jab at Edge yesterday with the "Superb blend of Metal Gear and Mario, we strongly recommend it. 3/10" quote at the conference yesterday.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
VisanidethDM said:
I ignore the scores, as far as Edge reviews go. TW2 is a massively better game than DA2, so I'll keep doing so.

But the text of the review is quite accurate. I share many of the same criticism.

I predicted this score. It doesn't have to do anything with the actual game as many other review scores unfortunately.

Keikoku

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
Hmm, so I am guessing a PS3 version will probably hit 6 months after the 360 version. Witcher 3 day and date all three.

I would prefer a version on the Vita compared to PS3 though. I've already got he pc version waiting for me.

Lolwut

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
leng jai said:
This patch certainly adds a lot of polish to the game.
Polish or polishd?!?!?!?kjsdfksdlfhksdfg

Keikoku said:
Nothing wrong with a little cross platform optimism. Glad a console is getting it this year at least. Can't wait to read the impressions and help the 360 crowd.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
leng jai said:
This patch certainly adds a lot of polish to the game.

This phrase always sounds funny given the context of this game.

Can't wait to get home to try it out.

Jomjom

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

If they are going to release a PS3 version 6 months after the 360, they really should just not do it. I have a great interest in seeing CDP stay in business and this would be a HORRIBLE business decision. If they release it that late, it will sell all of 6 copies and be a money loser because of the dev, manufacturing, and publicity costs.

Keikoku

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Polish or polishd?!?!?!?kjsdfksdlfhksdfg

Nothing wrong with a little cross platform optimism. Glad a console is getting it this year at least. Can't wait to read the impressions and help the 360 crowd.

The Witcher 2 on Vita... Really ? I know GAF is hyped by every new hardware but come on.

Salaadin

Keikoku said:
The Witcher 2 on Vita... Really ? I know GAF is hyped by every new hardware but come on.

I wouldnt mind a smaller scale portable Witcher game but I think all main series numbered games should stay on PC/consoles.

Dice Poker on the PS:Vita. You heard it here first!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Keikoku said:
I'm definitely excited for VITA. Much better than 3DS to me at this point and all the wife does is play Pokemon on it :/

Onto the patch, didn't notice a difference. It does get to the main menu faster but I'm not seeing a visual difference. I did up my ini settings to 4.0 for mesh distance. FR took a small hit so I went to 3.0. Still getting 60-100fps.

Zeliard

leng jai said:
Its so much more polish now I regret starting my second playthrough a few days ago.

Heh I'm still on Act 2 and my first playthrough. Took a bit of a break from the game because I played and finished L.A. Noire to send it back to Gamefly.

gdt

Tried out the patch, didn't have fraps up though. Didn't even think to measure for an fps improvement. They fixed gamepad support, but didn't really notice a difference in the combat fighting a few nekkers. Only fought this for like a minute, maybe I just didn't pick it up.

But, I did get a new bug where nothing would respond in combat (except the left analog) and the camera zoomed into non-combat level. That last for like 10 seconds.

Don't know if it's caused by the new patch though.

gdt5016 said:
Tried out the patch, didn't have fraps up though. Didn't even think to measure for an fps improvement. They fixed gamepad support, but didn't really notice a difference in the combat fighting a few nekkers. Only fought this for like a minute, maybe I just didn't pick it up.

But, I did get a new bug where nothing would respond in combat (except the left analog) and the camera zoomed into non-combat level. That last for like 10 seconds.

Don't know if it's caused by the new patch though.

I don't think so. This is happened me yesterday at the end of chapter 1 with mouse and keyboard.

Minsc

Gold Member
subversus said:
Limits of the Possible is one of the better stories in The Last Wish.

But Sword of Destiny collection is much, much better than The Last Wish.

Limits of the Possible was never translated to english officially. It's in spanish, but people in the Witcher forums said the person who did the english translation there for free did a better job than whoever was paid to translate it to spanish. The Last Wish (that I bought) includes:

The Voice of Reason (split up between short stories)
The Witcher
A Grain of Truth
The Lesser Evil
A Question of Price
The Edge of the World
The Last Wish

No Limits of the Possible. I believe the title is actually made up (translated) from a the Polish title as well.

Salaadin

Minsc said:
Limits of the Possible was never translated to english officially. It's in spanish, but people in the Witcher forums said the person who did the english translation there for free did a better job than whoever was paid to translate it to spanish. The Last Wish (that I bought) includes:

The Voice of Reason (split up between short stories)
The Witcher
A Grain of Truth
The Lesser Evil
A Question of Price
The Edge of the World
The Last Wish

No Limits of the Possible. I believe the title is actually made up (translated) from a the Polish title as well.

Where did you find Limits of the Possible? Google is bringing me to TW forums and they are dead at the moment.

Minsc

Gold Member
Salaadin said:
Where did you find Limits of the Possible? Google is bringing me to TW forums and they are dead at the moment.

It lived in the official forums but since those are dead, I can send you a saved version of it later.

It's actually nice to read it before The Blood of Elves, because there's some references to it in The Blood of Elves, and actually in The Witcher 2 (the game) as well. The conversation about
the rape
in the prologue with Newboy.

Salaadin

Minsc said:
It lived in the official forums but since those are dead, I can send you a saved version of it later.

Id appreciate that.

I didnt start Blood of Elves yet so I want to read Limits of the Possible first.
I might read the other fan translations too since itll take ages for the other books to make it here...as much as itll pain me to read on my PC monitor.

Minsc

Gold Member
Salaadin said:
Id appreciate that.

I didnt start Blood of Elves yet so I want to read Limits of the Possible first.
I might read the other fan translations too since itll take ages for the other books to make it here...as much as itll pain me to read on my PC monitor.

Just read it on a Kindle/iPad/iPhone/etc, that's what I did :)

Salaadin

Minsc said:
Just read it on a Kindle/iPad/iPhone/etc, that's what I did :)

No Kindle or iPad but my phone might do. Screen is small but I can deal.
Or I should just hop on the bandwagon and get a Kindle. I dont read much but maybe if I had one, I would.

Kyaw

So how is the patch guys (visual wise too)? I just got home and i might start a third playthrough with the balanced combat and stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Salaadin said:
No Kindle or iPad but my phone might do. Screen is small but I can deal.
Or I should just hop on the bandwagon and get a Kindle. I dont read much but maybe if I had one, I would.

Get a Kindle! I absolutely love mine. Want to read a fan translation? Copy the text into a word file or whatever, run it through a program called Calibre, which automatically formats the text, and put the file onto your Kindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom