• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Kyaw said:
[futurespoiler]What if you have to choose between Triss and Yennefer in Witcher 3? :O [/futurespoiler]
Unless something terrible is revealed about Triss, I can't see myself picking Yennefer. Why would you go for a character who's been all but a nonentity this far into the trilogy?

Kyaw said:
[futurespoiler]What if you have to choose between Triss and Yennefer in Witcher 3? :O [/futurespoiler]
Kind of have to agree with the others, unless they create a meaningful relationship with Yennefer in the Witcher 3 (and not have it just be, you spend most of the game with her while Triss is away), I'd have to pick Triss.

How is Yennefer?

toasty_T said:
but she's your soulmate :3
She's more pre-Witcher 1 Geralt's soulmate. To an extent they're (or at least have the potential to be) quite different.

rakhir

Crunched said:
Unless something terrible is revealed about Triss, I can't see myself picking Yennefer. Why would you go for a character who's been all but a nonentity this far into the trilogy?
(vague spoilers for books and the third game i guess)
I'm Polish and i've read all the books numerous of times and yeah - Yennefer is THE love of Geralt, despite what he feels for Triss.
They did split up a lot of times, Geralt had other women in between (Triss was one of those), but he always came back to Yen, in a sense they are meant for each other (short story The Last Wish ).

They did a poor job with explaining that in the games, but hopefully they'll get into that in the third one - especially since (hopefully) Geralt will get his memories back and Yen will make an appearance.

Solo

rakhir said:
(vague spoilers for books and the third game i guess)
I'm Polish and i've read all the books numerous of times and yeah - Yennefer is THE love of Geralt, despite what he feels for Triss.
They did split up a lot of times, Geralt had other women in between (Triss was one of those), but he always came back to Yen, in a sense they are meant for each other (lshort story The Last Wish ).
They did a poor job with explaining that in the games, but hopefully they'll get into that in the third one - especially since (hopefully) Geralt will get his memories back and Yen will make an appearance.

That may be the case for the books, but I think the games are going in their own direction with respect to Geralt`s women. I suspect that in The Witcher 3, either Triss will remain the sole romance option, or you`ll be able to choose between the two.

RedSwirl said:
I thought just about everything in TW1 was well-done. Didn't have a problem with the gameplay, and I thought both the story and world were genuinely interesting. The first game's only real weakness was the dated tech on which it was built, and TW2 pretty much cleared that up. TW2's only real problem is an almost total lack of gameplay balance, which I don't really mind because it doesn't get in the way of the game's extremely well-realized world.
Gameplay Balance? You are goddamn Geralt the white wolf. If fucking people up wasnt you day job, he would do it for a hobby and as another hobby when he gets bored with the first one. Being able to ruin people with such finesse in W2 was a joy to play and see.

Cant wait for dark mode to replay the game.

Will probably finish Blood of Elves today at work (its slow, and what im doing right now as well eating a pop tart) Yennefer is pretty awesome but i really like triss. Plus gingers make me tingle.

rakhir

Solo said:
That may be the case for the books, but I think the games are going in their own direction with respect to Geralt`s women. I suspect that in The Witcher 3, either Triss will remain the sole romance option, or you`ll be able to choose between the two.
Yeah, probably CDP will have to do that, since players don't know Yennefer at all - but Geralt would have choose Yen, i'm sure about that.

Yennefer is pretty awesome
She continues to be awesome throughout the saga. :) i

I preordered this game on gog back in the day, and I finally just started playing it yesterday. Playing on my import, and it was so good to see the Raven armor again.

This game is amazing! I've only gotten through the intro, but it was done in such a great way! The combat has a heavy learning curve to it after playing through the first's. I'm really liking it so far, other than a few spots where the camera would hang back into tree limbs or other environmental stuff that ended with me getting sliced up.

By the by, is there a keyboard shortcut to sheathe your current weapon? I just keep pressing 1/2 to sheathe my appropriate weapon.

I'm not terribly happy about how they keep you from switching between journal or inventory or character stats while you're in a menu window. It seems like a thing that should have been addressed by now.

Best addition- press Z to have your medallion send out that scan field. I'm so OCD about picking up items and finding every door, so this is the best thing ever for me.

I feel a little guilty but not really that I did use one cheat already. I had no idea this game used an encumbrance system, and the moment I opened my inventory to find weight added to my items I said "this will not do." I know there are some people who get their rocks off to that sort of thing, but that is not something I want to mess with. Zero item weight, mwahahaha!

Really looking forward to diving into it more, and so glad I finally got the time to sink my teeth into this.
Also, is it just me or is Geralt's audio really quiet most of the time in comparison to the other character audio?

Van Buren

Chinner said:
so erm, when i play this with the custom ini files the game is now loading back to low settings. any words?

Make sure that the custom ini file is read-only. I tried it with the recent patch and couldn't notice any other issue.

Red

Chinner said:
it was, but it kept resetting itself. anyway seems to be fine now.

chapter 2:
got to help the ghosts WIN THE WAR
On a scale of 1 to 10, what word would you use to describe how awesome TW2 is?

Chinner

Banned
Just completed Witcher 2 on Roaches path
didn't let roche kill hanslet, spared the dragon and didn't kill letho cause he seemed chill actually
. I loved the game, but I'm still deciding where I stand because there's so much to digest. Crazy how much actually happens in the game. It owns either way.

Chinner said:
Just completed Witcher 2 on Roaches path
didn't let roche kill hanslet, spared the dragon and didn't kill letho cause he seemed chill actually
. I loved the game, but I'm still deciding where I stand because there's so much to digest. Crazy how much actually happens in the game. It owns either way.

Now you need to re-play it on Iorveth's path.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DualShadow said:
Now you need to re-play it on Iorveth's path.

Agreed, Iorveth path is awesome. You get to work with the better character and you get to spend ch. 2 in Vergen, which happens to be the best environment.

It's tough but I decided to quit my Roach playthrough until 2.0. Hurry up CDPR.

Solo

Snuggler said:
Agreed, Iorveth path is awesome. You get to work with the better character and you get to spend ch. 2 in Vergen, which happens to be the best environment.

So wrong on both accounts.

Chinner

Banned
Also, one of my favourite moments from chapter 2 is when
is when Roch is running across the rope bridge, it breaks and Roch is like "fuck", gets up and kicks a guy in a chest
. It happened so quickly it just made me laugh.

Solo

Chinner said:
Also, one of my favourite moments from chapter 2 is when
is when Roch is running across the rope bridge, it breaks and Roch is like "fuck", gets up and kicks a guy in a chest
. It happened so quickly it just made me laugh.

Thats why he is a boss. Not one single fuck does he give.

Van Buren

rochegifkq9b.gif

Salaadin

There it is!

The thing I loved about Roche is that even when
you go against him and pick Iorverths path, he still has your back.

Lasthope106 said:
Holy shit at the length of Act III. No real side quests other than the typical dice, arm wrestle stuff.

Everything else was awesome, but CD Projekt really missed the mark. Hopefully there will be some sort of expansion. I can't wait another 4 years for a proper sequel.
hahaha. what a joke. game is chalk full of everything.

Complistic

Crunched said:

I can't see me leaving triss either. I might do it on my pro non-human save but for my main file I just wouldn't be able to do it. The old geralt might have loved yennefer, but Geralts really not the same person he was anymore.

Vyer

Getting back into this game. Question about Chapter 2: How do you get to
the main part of Vergen? Do you not access it until after breaking the curse? I can tell these big iron doors near the Old Gate lead me in, but they are closed off. Just seems odd to be here without access to the usual stuff, Inn blacksmith, etc.

Bad7667

Finally had some time to play and I just (Chapter one spoiler)
killed the kayran
which was awesome.

When I arrived in
Flotsam
, I noticed a weird visual glitch kinda like lines of static whenever I moved my camera around. I am uploading a video now and can't see anything with pictures. I have loaded other parts of the game and the lines are not there. They are only in
Flotsam
when I am outside near bushes and tress. If I am inside, they are not visible. Anyone else hear about this or experienced this first hand?

I have updated drivers, changed settings around, and tried different displays. No other game has this problem so I don't think its the video card. Anyway, so far I am loving the game and can't wait to play more.

Solo

Vyer said:
Getting back into this game. Question about Chapter 2: How do you get to
the main part of Vergen? Do you not access it until after breaking the curse? I can tell these big iron doors near the Old Gate lead me in, but they are closed off. Just seems odd to be here without access to the usual stuff, Inn blacksmith, etc.

If you're on the Roche path (aka the winning path), you don't get in there. You have to follow that nancy boy Iorveth to get in there.

Kyaw

Solo said:
If you're on the Roche path (aka the winning path), you don't get in there. You have to follow that nancy boy Iorveth to get in there.

Do you find out about
Saskia the dragon if you go the Roche path? Because i didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom