• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The Witcher 2 is my goty so far but here is my wishlist for the Enhanced Edition‎( if there is one) to make it even better.

-Young and Handsome Geralt Skin.
-More Sidequests and new Adventures( separated one and in chapters)
-Complete overhaul/retweaks for the combat system (make it faster and more freeflowly)
-More difficulties options like easier ones and harder.
-Better Shadows
-Better Autosaves.
-Mouse option for fist fighting instead of QTE.
-Improve the map ( add more details on it)
-More Camera options like TW1.
-More weapons and the ability to remove enhancements
-Infinite/Bigger inventory

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dacon said:

This sexy beast

8wHPd.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't object to babby Geralt being an optional skin, but I'm glad that CDPR went with a design that makes sense for the character. The dude parties like a motherfucker and he's battered and bruised from years of sword fights and witchering, he should look weathered.

Complistic

Snuggler said:
I don't object to babby Geralt being an optional skin, but I'm glad that CDPR went with a design that makes sense for the character. The dude parties like a motherfucker and he's battered and bruised from years of sword fights and witchering, he should look weathered.

That and he's more than a hundred years old.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Solo said:
Young Geralt skin? lolz

Silver fox Geralt is a fucking BOSS. We don't need to see teen Geralt.

I guess some people want to live vicariously through their videogame characters.

young geralt prequel as he trains to become a Witcher.

Liam Neeson to voice his mentor. Jeremy Irons to voice the villain who disbands from the pack and turns out to be...your father (he sired you before he became witcher)

Salaadin said:
There it is!

The thing I loved about Roche is that even when
you go against him and pick Iorverths path, he still has your back.
What I love about Roche is that
even when you shag Ves, he still has your back
. True bro.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
RustyNails said:
What I love about Roche is that
even when you shag Ves, he still has your back
. True bro.

I don't think that Ves is his girlfriend and in that case she can plough with everyone she wants.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hmm, a million units? I'm not part of sales-gaf but that doesn't sound too hot for one of the biggest pc titles in a while, does it`?

Valravn

Corky said:
hmm, a million units? I'm not part of sales-gaf but that doesn't sound too hot for one of the biggest pc titles in a while, does it`?

I expected a lot more sales. Maybe it's because of the high specs you need to play this game. I dont know alot of friends and family who own a monster pc, maybe thats a reason for the low sales. You need a pretty good pc for this game and not everyone will invest the sum of money for this nowadays. The sales for the 360 version will maybe be a totally different story. A million is not bad though. What are the sales number for The Witcher 1 btw? I know The Witcher sold 600.000 copies in 3 months after release, but im curious about the current number.

Micerider

Solo said:
1 mil? I don't know if thats good or bad.

I think that, considering the development costs (below 15 Millions USD, the 10 millions estimation was released before the first post-ponement, so it must have increased since then) it's rather good, especially as a good chunk of that has been sold directly though GoG.com (100 % return minus tax). I think they broke even at the very least.

If I remember well, I believe the first game had only sold a Million unit after a much longer period of time.

PC games crossing the 1million bar are quite scarce nowadays.

Hopefully, version 2.0 and the console release would raise the number by a great margin, this is one true gem that really desserves to succeed.

RedSwirl

subversus said:

Apparently Geralt is somewhere around 80 years old. Dandelion is somewhere close to 40, and Triss, being a sorceress, is essentially immortal.

Discotheque said:
young geralt prequel as he trains to become a Witcher.

Liam Neeson to voice his mentor. Jeremy Irons to voice the villain who disbands from the pack and turns out to be...your father (he sired you before he became witcher)

The books (or at least one other piece of media) confirm that Geralt is actually the son of a Druid.

Chinner said:
well, the game cost somewhere around $10 million. so i'm not sure.
Halo 3 cost $55 million, had a marketing budget of $200 million, and sold 8 million. I'd say Witcher 2 did pretty well considering how it is a niche PC game.

Solo

I guess if you look at 1M sales x $40 a pop, that would be $40M gross revenue. Then you take out the money that goes to the publisher for non-GOG copies, and that probably means a good $25M gross revenue to CDPR off a $10M budget, which is definitely a profit.

Wallach

StoppedInTracks said:
Was expecting 2M... this kind of sucks and not bodes well for DX: HR.

DX:HR released on three platforms and had decent marketing, where TW2 had very little and so far has only released on PC. I would not be surprised if it has already outsold TW2 with that kind of advantage.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Chinner said:
thats not his character model anymore lol.

uh, I guess you didn't read the posts,no one said it is, but I just said I want that old model as optional skin in the EE if there is any( many games do that), when Dacon replayed with " :/" I posted the photo of the "younger looking" skin.

LordPhoque said:
Stick to current gen JRPG.

No thank you, I don't like JRPGs.

I am really not sure why some of you got angry over that one tiny suggestion in my EE wishlist, I didn't said the current model ( the faithful one to TW1 Geralt design ) is bad or anything.

Guys, the sales are quite well.

Sales on the 360 and PS3 are I believe much higher than they are on the PC. For a game on one platform, The Witcher 2 does pretty good. With the 360 version coming, they will gain a large amount of sales.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Also, the Witcher 2 hasn't really hit that low price point yet. When it does, those number will really rocket up, I'm sure. Then there's the 360 port to consider. A million is a high number already, especially with CDP's apparent prudent financial management of the project, so this is good news.

R1CHO

1 million its low for a high quality game like the witcher in the absolute scale... but is high talking about a pc game, sadly, but that is it.

Chinner

Banned
i wonder if the 10-15 million development costs include making the new engine as well. cause if it does, and assuming they use this engine for witcher 3, that should bring down the costs alot.

Exuro

sflufan said:
2 million in 3 months for a niche, high-end PC-only RPG? Talk about inflated expectations!
Seriously. I'm surprised people think this is bad. It's a euro rpg with next to no marketing that requires a beefy computer to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom