• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varna said:
Man. So they are making it easier. I don't understand. The game kind of a joke in the second chapter. Shouldn't they have addressed that problem?

Where did you read they were making it easier ? Dark more is harder than insane mode except you can save.

Varna

LordPhoque said:
Where did you read they were making it easier ? Dark more is harder than insane mode except you can save.

They talk about giving the game a smoother learning curve. The beginning is the only time the game is ever difficult in the normal difficulties (normal and hard).

As for Dark Mode I seriously doubt it's going to be hard for any other reason then enemies being able to one shot you (so pretty much not fun). I would love for it to be because they use advance tactics that balance out the ridiculous amount of power you gain going into chapter 2.

Dennis

Banned
Two questions:

1) Do we know anything about what the Enhanced Edition will contain?

oops, post at the top

2) Are there some higher resolution textures available? Either DLC or a mod?

RedSwirl

DennisK4 said:
Two questions:

Do we know anything about what the Enhanced Edition will contain?

Are there some higher resolution textures available? Either DLC or a mod?

No "Enhanced Edition." Just 2.0.

A new arcade-like arena mode, a new difficulty mode between Hard and Insane, and some other bits. No graphic enhancements that I can remember.

Edit: Beaten.

Solo

I need one of those troll pictures right now specifically for Dennis. Like the one with the frog on it on something.

HYPE THE WITCHER 2 UP FOR A YEAR

*frog/wolf/dog/whatever image*

UPGRADE COMPUTER AND PLAY DEUS EX INSTEAD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PLAY THE FUCKING GAME

cackhyena

I wish I could play this game on my computer. I manage Human revolution, with a lot of choppiness in the hubs, but I don't think I could do this one.

Solo said:
I need one of those troll pictures right now specifically for Dennis. Like the one with the frog on it on something.

graphics-horse-dennis.jpg

Dennis, you now have your own meme on Meme Generator called Graphics Horse Dennis.

Vaporak

cackhyena said:
I wish I could play this game on my computer. I manage Human revolution, with a lot of choppiness in the hubs, but I don't think I could do this one.

You should post computer specs. Human Revolution is just a shitty engine, the level streaming in the hubs kills the framerate for approximately everyone.

cackhyena

Vaporak said:
You should post computer specs. Human Revolution is just a shitty engine, the level streaming in the hubs kills the framerate for approximately everyone.
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6600
3gb ram
120 Intel SSD

Solo

I'm gonna find where Dennis lives, force him to dope up on fiss-tech, and play 24 straight hours of Too Human if he doesn't start playing soon.

DennisK4 said:
Two questions:

1) Do we know anything about what the Enhanced Edition will contain?

oops, post at the top

2) Are there some higher resolution textures available? Either DLC or a mod?

High textures, lol what ? Did you even run the game once ?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Dennis, don't forget checking INI file before start and crank textures to 4096 because the game tend to reset it on the first run.

Vaporak

cackhyena said:
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6600
3gb ram
120 Intel SSD

You'll be fine as long as you care more about gameplay than maxing it out; you're decently over the minimum requirements after all.

Solo

RustyNails said:
Mundane tasks like DESTROY THE GIANT MOTHERFUCKING SHARKTOPUS THING IN THE SWAMP THATS FUCKING SHIT UP, BOATS AND EATING MERCHANTS.

Le sigh.

Yeah mang, so run of the mill. You gotta do that same shit in every goddamn RPG. So mundane.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kyaw said:
They better announce Witcher 3 at the next E3 or something and release it for 2013. :3

According to their website, CD-Projekt are hiring for a new game, so hopefully they're gonna get to work on TW3 ASAP.

Chinner

Banned
would be awfully ironic if the new lead director was from bioware, heh heh heh.

(its funny because bioware are awful)

edit: apparantly he was a producer, not a director. whatever the difference is.

Solo

DaBuddaDa said:
Didn't the lead developer director dude man of Witcher 1 and 2 leave CDProjekt recently?

Yes. He decided to become Geralt in real life. Witchers have no time for game development.

Gvaz

Banned
Solo said:
I'm gonna find where Dennis lives, force him to dope up on fiss-tech, and play 24 straight hours of Too Human if he doesn't start playing soon.
Dear god, I played 8 hours of that game and wanted to kill everything in the vicinity. It was almost as bad as Space Siege.

Solo said:

yeah this is crazy. muthafucka has had geralt avatar for a while now and he still hasn't got on Witcher 2

Practice what you preach etc.

Gvaz

Banned
Lasthope106 said:
Ever since that new edition of Two Worlds II and the expansion got announced Dennis can't think of any other games.
A shitty sequel to a good game got an expac greenlighted? what the fuck

WrikaWrek

Banned
Just finished this, and Deus Ex HR.

I feel like I've just played the best games of the year, and I have to reserve special praise for the Witcher 2.

It's a truly great game, has a great story, great characters, great gameplay and choice. Also quite possibly, the best graphics a game has shown yet.

Bring on PArt 3

ACE 1991

Fuck, GAF, this game right here is why I bought a new PC. Simply incredible looking at max settings, minus the crazy resource intensiveness of ubersampling. Quick question, however: how do I view information about my spells? The only place I seem to be able to find anything is in the quick select (or whatever it's called) menu.

ASilva

Neo Member
My steam just started downloading a 17Gb "patch" for this out of nowhere. Anyone knows what this is? Isn't the 2.0 version only supposed to come out at the end of the month?

Acidote

http://www.en.thewitcher.com/patch1-35/

Patch 0-> 1.35 (Full Update) 113 MB
Patch 1.3->1.35 (Hotfix) 72 MB

Patch notes:

Issue with shadows in 3D Vision mode has been resolved.
Screenshots to savegames made in 3D Vision are now visible in load menu.
Issue with Steam achievements not being registered has been resolved.
Blood texture glitches in game with ubersampling option turned on have been fixed.
Pocket item counter is properly updated after picking up an item which is already selected.
Issue with ingredient counter when brewing multiple Thunderbolt potions has been resolved.
Finished “Scent of incense”, Act 1 quest is no longer marked as failed when entering Loredo’s residence at the end of Chapter 1.
Corrections have been made in the greater mutagen drop rate.
Deleting savegames after entering memories and flashbacks menu no longer causes “Loading available flashbacks” message to appear.
Game exe files are no longer treated as a threat by popular antivirus software.
Patching the game automatically right after installation no longer causes Launcher.exe error on Windows XP systems.
Game installation folder is not recognized if diacritic signs were used in folder name on Windows which doesn’t support them. Patch now properly informs about the cause of the problem.
Names of two scientists in Flotsam have been corrected.
Storage chest description have been corrected.
Description of Mahakaman Rune Sihill imported from The Witcher savegame have been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom