• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

You love your Roche, don't you, Solo?

I liked the caves in Chapter 2 and the snowy bits in Chapter 3 too.
Loc Muinne is a sight to behold.

Salaadin

Dark Mode isnt too bad so far. Just got the Flotsam.
The Reaver guy
with Melieteles Heart was actually outside the prison alive this time and he distracted the remaining guards for me as thanks. Never ran into that before. I did tell him that the Amulet probably wouldnt help him so thats why.

I also ran into a guard right at the start of Flotsam who made me pay 200 oren. I initially refused and got a cutscene of Geralt being riddled with arrows right after. I guess part of the difficulty is forcing you to give up orens?

Kyaw

Solo said:
I think I've concluded that he is the best NPC in gaming history.

So yes.

Damn son. Roche is very awesome but the best NPC in gaming history?

Although i can't really think of any other awesome and memorable NPCs... :x

Solo

Not that I don't love Witcher shots, but there IS a thread for that, Dennis :p

At least you're finally playing (even if you are 5 months too late), so bravo!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kyaw said:
Although i can't really think of any other awesome and memorable NPCs... :x

how about this bad motherfucker

84zu1.jpg

Roach is OK though

statham

Tryckser said:
My father can't start the game. He gets the Wolfhead when starting and then it goes back to the desktop without any error.
We already tried some solutions, like disable Antivir, lower Desktop resolution and compatibility mode set on WINXP SP3...

How can we fix the problem?
I had the same issue, restarted steam and it worked.

Marco1

Loving your pics Dennis.
How can a dev like CD give us a game with textures like this and we have games like deus ex:HR that have terrible textures?

Solo

DennisK4 said:
I took some NSFW screenshots of the opening sex scene.

:O

I took one when I ploughed Ves and posted it in the 2011 High-Res Screenshot thread. Not a single fuck did I give to being SFW!

And sashay she did. Ves is probably my favourite of the "romance" options.

Was being ironic about it being a spoiler btw, of course you can plough Ves!

Kyaw

Just tried the tutorial and got killed at the stage where the Rotfiend and the troll spawned.

Got recommended normal, lulz.
I blame myself for not looking at the health bar. ><

Wallach

I got recommended Hard and I killed a lot of those fuckers.

Godspeed Dennis.

Edit: BTW you can ignore the part they were talking about with the riposte icon, that doesn't exist on Dark mode. You'll just have to try and guess the timing, I assume it's pretty similar to parry timing.

Solo

Sounds like the tutorial is CDPR's way of trolling you, haha. Clearly they were trying to teach you the most important lesson in The Witcher 2, which is to WAIT TIL HE DROPS HIS FUCKIN' GUARD!

So if I get to chapter 2 and still find the game boring should I bother to continue? Does it get better or will it be mainly more of the same?

I don't know who any of these kingdoms/factions are and the game has not given me any reason to give a $@#%, the combat is not that great and I find the character advancements not that interesting.

Wallach

Last Hearth said:
So if I get to chapter 2 and still find the game boring should I bother to continue? Does it get better or will it be mainly more of the same?

I don't know who any of these kingdoms/factions are and the game has not given me any reason to give a $@#%, the combat is not that great and I find the character advancements not that interesting.

How many hours have you given it?

Solo

Last Hearth said:
So if I get to chapter 2 and still find the game boring should I bother to continue?

Sorry, the game is not for you. Best to stop now and save your time. I'm being 100% honest, by the way. It boggles my mind that someone could play Act 1 and be bored, but thats another issue altogether. If you dont like it now, you won't like it later.

Kyaw

Will i be able to get the story of DX:HR if i haven't played the old Deus Ex games? /offtopic

I'm thinking of doing a Dark Mode run with 'perfect' choices.
Hopefully the game will not kick my ass. Can't wait for Letho fight and get my ass kicked repeatedly...

Solo

Yes. You will get a lot more out of it if you play DX1 first though. Which you should, seeing as its the best game ever :)

Kyaw

Solo said:
Yes. You will get a lot more out of it if you play DX1 first though. Which you should, seeing as its the best game ever :)

I understand it is one of the best games ever but i can't stand the dated-ness of games... :(

Dennis

Banned
I am only at the very beginning of both The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex: HR, and soon RAGE will be here.....and I need to play the pirate expansion for Two Worlds II.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Can't remember when I last had so much high quality gaming on my plate.

Solo

My upcoming plate consists of, in order:

Rage, Gears of War 3 and Dark Souls. Then two weeks later, Batman AC. Then two weeks later, my gaming year ends with Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. Goddamn. Rage is first up.

Kyaw said:
I understand it is one of the best games ever but i can't stand the dated-ness of games... :(

Understandable, but I think after a couple of hours you'll be so immersed that you won't mind it.

Wallach

Last Hearth said:
I don't know, but I made it to chapter 2 so I felt like I've given it a fair chance. That's why I'm asking for opinions on what the rest of the game is like.

I don't personally know, but I can't imagine you're going to suddenly like the game after not enjoying so much of it already. I say toss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom