• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I only need one more trophy to platinum The Witcher 3, but it's a doozy: completing the game on Deathmarch difficulty.

I have two options here, and I was hoping you guys could give me some advice as to which would be easier:

1. Start a new game on Deathmarch; or
  2. Finish Hearts of Stone on my existing game complete save to get to the highest possible level, and then start a New Game + on Deathmarch.
My game complete save is about level 35 (not having started Hearts of Stone yet). I don't consider myself a highly skilled gamer so I'm a little worried about Deathmarch difficulty...

Sanpunkan

Either way works. You can do them now since you're high enough level, or you can wait until after finishing the main game.

If you value challenge, complete the main quest first otherwise you'll end up being over leveled if you do the HoS quests first.

Thanks for the help! I'd prefer to have some semblance of a challenge. But I'm a really terrible player and die a lot even when I'm over leveled for things :)

Will finish up the main story first, I think.

Skii

Just finished The Witcher 3. What a game!

I assume my ending was one of the better endings. It ended with Ciri sacrificing herself to prevent the White Frost (?) but then you pick up a sword (which I thought was in memory of her) which you end up giving to her at the inn and she continues her life as a Witcher. It's a nice ending but lacks quite a lot of explanation. No idea what Ciri did to prevent the White Frost and maybe a true sacrifice was needed to add that powerful emotional ending.

The Vesimir narrated ending just made a point of:
- Redanian armies being defeated
- Emyhr conceding Temeria to the people
- Ciri continuing her life as a Witcher
- Geralt and Yen living their lives in a secluded place by themselves.

I know this game has 30+ endings so I'd like to clarify, is mine the best one or are there betters? I wonder what could've happened in the bad endings lol. I'm guessing Eredin wins or something to that effect!

Anyway, now that I've finished it, might give the game a 2 week break whilst I try some other games out haha. Will spend the Christmas holidays completed Hearts Of Stone.

Nordicus

Thanks for the help! I'd prefer to have some semblance of a challenge. But I'm a really terrible player and die a lot even when I'm over leveled for things :)

Will finish up the main story first, I think.
Also, Hearts of Stone is tougher than the normal end-game content, so if there's a level or two to be had from finishing the main story, you'd best do that.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If you value challenge, complete the main quest first otherwise you'll end up being over leveled if you do the HoS quests first.

HoS quests still present a challenge even if you are a bit overlevelled.

I found it to be tough even on Just the Story. Can't imagine the craziness on deathmarch which is the difficulty that I played the main game on.

I only need one more trophy to platinum The Witcher 3, but it's a doozy: completing the game on Deathmarch difficulty.

I have two options here, and I was hoping you guys could give me some advice as to which would be easier:

1. Start a new game on Deathmarch; or
  2. Finish Hearts of Stone on my existing game complete save to get to the highest possible level, and then start a New Game + on Deathmarch.
My game complete save is about level 35 (not having started Hearts of Stone yet). I don't consider myself a highly skilled gamer so I'm a little worried about Deathmarch difficulty...

The start of NG on deathmarch is harder than NG+. NG+ on DM feels more like Blood and Broken Bones, due to the even difficulty while playing (you'll start at least 5 levels ahead), and having all your recipes and skills unlocked. For challenge, start over, otherwise start up NG+ and things should go smooth.

Just finished The Witcher 3. What a game!

I assume my ending was one of the better endings. It ended with Ciri sacrificing herself to prevent the White Frost (?) but then you pick up a sword (which I thought was in memory of her) which you end up giving to her at the inn and she continues her life as a Witcher. It's a nice ending but lacks quite a lot of explanation. No idea what Ciri did to prevent the White Frost and maybe a true sacrifice was needed to add that powerful emotional ending.

The Vesimir narrated ending just made a point of:
- Redanian armies being defeated
- Emyhr conceding Temeria to the people
- Ciri continuing her life as a Witcher
- Geralt and Yen living their lives in a secluded place by themselves.

I know this game has 30+ endings so I'd like to clarify, is mine the best one or are there betters? I wonder what could've happened in the bad endings lol. I'm guessing Eredin wins or something to that effect!

Anyway, now that I've finished it, might give the game a 2 week break whilst I try some other games out haha. Will spend the Christmas holidays completed Hearts Of Stone.

I'm glad they didn't show what happened to stop the White Frost. It's one of those things better left to the imagination IMO. How would they show someone doing the hardest thing anyone could ever do any justice? If I spent the majority of the game playing as Ciri, I'd feel differently, but I didn't feel like I needed to see exactly what was happening as Geralt/the player.

There are only 3 main endings, with the rest focused on things like the state of the world, who is in power, and things like that. The main threat will be taken care of regardless. I think of the Witcher ending as the independent/freedom ending. There is also a responsibility/greater good ending, and then a sad ending that can get bent. :)

Skii

The start of NG on deathmarch is harder than NG+. NG+ on DM feels more like Blood and Broken Bones, due to the even difficulty while playing (you'll start at least 5 levels ahead), and having all your recipes and skills unlocked. For challenge, start over, otherwise start up NG+ and things should go smooth.

I'm glad they didn't show what happened to stop the White Frost. It's one of those things better left to the imagination IMO. How would they show someone doing the hardest thing anyone could ever do any justice? If I spent the majority of the game playing as Ciri, I'd feel differently, but I didn't feel like I needed to see exactly what was happening as Geralt/the player.

There are only 3 main endings, with the rest focused on things like the state of the world, who is in power, and things like that. The main threat will be taken care of regardless. I think of the Witcher ending as the independent/freedom ending. There is also a responsibility/greater good ending, and then a sad ending that can get bent. :)

Maybe but I just feel the ending was a bit abrupt. The fight with Eredin was so easy. I was only play the hard difficulty but I expected a bit more of a challenge. So then when you hear that Avallac'h is potentially the final boss, I was excited for the "true" battle only for it to not happen.

There's only 3 endings? Interesting. I might do NG+ with the goal of getting the "good" ending then. Might have to spoil myself on the sad ending as there's no way I'm playing this game 3 times haha.

I would expect there to be another Witcher game eventually with Ciri as the main character. Everything is left conveniently open for it.

Maybe but I just feel the ending was a bit abrupt. The fight with Eredin was so easy. I was only play the hard difficulty but I expected a bit more of a challenge. So then when you hear that Avallac'h is potentially the final boss, I was excited for the "true" battle only for it to not happen.

There's only 3 endings? Interesting. I might do NG+ with the goal of getting the "good" ending then. Might have to spoil myself on the sad ending as there's no way I'm playing this game 3 times haha.

I would expect there to be another Witcher game eventually with Ciri as the main character. Everything is left conveniently open for it.

Honestly, I'd say you got the most personally satisfying "good" ending. The other is still good, but bittersweet. I really like it, it works well, but there is a sacrifice of personal happiness and freedom there. I'd say it also has the best chance for a good world state after the games, but it's all up to what the player puts value on when roleplaying.

Denton

There are three epilogues and 36 or so ending states. One ending/epilogue in particular goes into most detail is the most interesting. The other is super dark.

BTW I just tested Essenthy's lighting mod 2.0

It is pretty good. I would not say it looks better than vanilla - it looks different - but it definitely restores the E3 2014 graphics in both Novigrad and swamps. Might be cool for those who like it. Personally...I like both, but will probably keep using vanilla.

Oh and it has zero performance impact on my PC. So it really came down to consistency/artistic intent, rather than some downgrading for performance reasons. At least as far as E3 2014 stuff is concerned.

Skii

Honestly, I'd say you got the most personally satisfying "good" ending. The other is still good, but bittersweet. I really like it, it works well, but there is a sacrifice of personal happiness and freedom there. I'd say it also has the best chance for a good world state after the games, but it's all up to what the player puts value on when roleplaying.

There are three epilogues and 36 or so ending states. One ending/epilogue in particular goes into most detail is the most interesting. The other is super dark.

I just finished watching the worst ending and now I feel a lot better with the "freedom" ending. When you see the negative decisions that could've been made and the impact it had on Ciri, you begin the understand the significance of them. At the end, she essentially has nothing to live for and doesn't care if her mission kills her whilst in the good ending, she knows she has everything to lose and does everything to survive her mission.

One thing I found odd was the introduction of Ciri to Emyhr. I never got that mission. That feels like a pretty crucial part to miss out on. How did I miss that mission? Glitch possibly?

I still feel the good ending lacks some punch. Just feels unsatisfying considering all the work that went into it. Maybe would've benefited from playing as Ciri to defeat the White Frost or something along those lines. That would've made it epic imo.

Coreda

Looks like the FBI got to this thread 😄

Added the Hearts of Stone OT link to the OP. Can't believe it hadn't done that earlier but better late than never.

Is there a good merchant to sell stuff to in Novigrad (or Velen). I'm over encumbered but I don't want to get chump change for my magic and relic weapons

Coreda

Is there a good merchant to sell stuff to in Novigrad (or Velen). I'm over encumbered but I don't want to get chump change for my magic and relic weapons

Hierach Square in Novigrad is where I'd typically fast travel to when selling things. The armorer there and the blacksmith in the fish market area make for two convenient merchants. Can't recall exactly what their prices are like but they usually have enough to buy random loot.

I've read the empty bottle merchant on the shore used to buy things at full price prior to a patch. Never went back though as he didn't had much coin to begin with.

I just finished watching the worst ending and now I feel a lot better with the "freedom" ending. When you see the negative decisions that could've been made and the impact it had on Ciri, you begin the understand the significance of them. At the end, she essentially has nothing to live for and doesn't care if her mission kills her whilst in the good ending, she knows she has everything to lose and does everything to survive her mission.

One thing I found odd was the introduction of Ciri to Emyhr. I never got that mission. That feels like a pretty crucial part to miss out on. How did I miss that mission? Glitch possibly?

I still feel the good ending lacks some punch. Just feels unsatisfying considering all the work that went into it. Maybe would've benefited from playing as Ciri to defeat the White Frost or something along those lines. That would've made it epic imo.

You should have had a conversation between Geralt and Ciri before facing Imlerith about taking her to the Emperor first. You can convince her to visit him, or to just avoid him. She has to visit and talk to him for the bittersweet good ending.

Hierach Square in Novigrad is where I'd typically fast travel to when selling things.

Top notch swords!

Hierach Square in Novigrad is where I'd typically fast travel to when selling things. The armorer there and the blacksmith in the fish market area make for two convenient merchants. Can't recall exactly what their prices are like but they usually have enough to buy random loot.

I've read the empty bottle merchant on the shore used to buy things at full price prior to a patch. Never went back though as he didn't had much coin to begin with.

Awesome, thanks

Just beat this game finally and my god the feels man I got the
Ciri becomes a witcher ending which I actually loved

Can I dive right in the expansion? I'm level 35 in Superior Cat Gear. I still have some contracts and side quests to finish up and I want to get the Master Cat Gear as well.

Nordicus

Hearts of Stone really increased the number of good-looking armorpieces. Calling it Hearts of Fashion from now on.
IdEW3ag.jpg
Can I dive right in the expansion? I'm level 35 in Superior Cat Gear. I still have some contracts and side quests to finish up and I want to get the Master Cat Gear as well.
Yeah, I jumped in at level 29 and Enhanced Cat Gear (level 23) in Deathmarch, though would not recommend. You're more than good to go.

Hearts of Stone really increased the number of good-looking armorpieces. Calling it Hearts of Fashion from now on.

Yeah, I jumped in at level 29 and Enhanced Cat Gear (level 23) in Deathmarch, though would not recommend. You're more than good to go.

Awesome! I can't wait. I can't get enough of this game.

Just a heads up if anyone that plays using the Galaxy client starts experiencing crashes, the overlay (listed under the DLC installed) was causing me some serious problems before figuring out that's what was doing it.

Dries

So today, out of the blue, my game will not start anymore. It doesn't even get to the Main menu. When I click play on GOG Galaxy or just run my "witcher3.exe" the screen will blink black for a second and then throws me back to the desktop without a warning whatsoever.

The game will run again if I delete the dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll from the x64 folder, but then I can't choose Fullscreen Mode anymore, so this isn't an option, but hopefully some extra info for someone who knows what's going on.

I have no idea what's going on, why won't the game boot?

Misc:

- My game is legal in every way
- It has worked fine since launch
- I already tried un-installing/re-installing
- I have verified my files and generated clean user.settings and input.settings files.
- I don't have any mods installed

Here's my crash log:

Red Engine Crash Log
--------------------------------------
Build: Not Set [ Compiled Oct 14 2015 ]

User: Dries Meijer

Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0x00000000

Crashed Thread:

Thread ID: 6636

callstack:
<Unknown Symbol>() + 0x0 - <Unknown File>(0)
<Unknown Symbol>() + 0x0 - <Unknown File>(0)
GFSDK_HairWorks_CreateClassInterface() + 0x3752 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xbf4262 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xbf20ed - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xbef352 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb99385 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x27572 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x272ee - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb7a230 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x234e07 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x234fae - <Unknown File>(0)
BaseThreadInitThunk() + 0x22 - <Unknown File>(0)
RtlUserThreadStart() + 0x34 - <Unknown File>(0)

Debug Information
================================================================

Commandline: "C:\Games\The Witcher 3\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe"

Thread ID: 4616

callstack:
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb7ad7f - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x2428fa - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x10303a - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0xbf9c7 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xa09 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x3897d - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xe0d - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x120c - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x22d0f8 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 2104

callstack:

Thread ID: 6988

callstack:

Thread ID: 5708

callstack:

Thread ID: 4648

callstack:
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb64d37 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb7a230 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 2692

callstack:

Thread ID: 4628

callstack:
recvfrom() + 0xe0 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::IGalaxy::IGalaxy() + 0x19b10b - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::IGalaxy::IGalaxy() + 0x19b1c9 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::IGalaxy::IGalaxy() + 0x19b161 - <Unknown File>(0)
beginthreadex() + 0x107 - <Unknown File>(0)
endthreadex() + 0x192 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 1328

callstack:

Thread ID: 6680

callstack:
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a5a3 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a661 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a5f9 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 5660

callstack:

Thread ID: 7524

callstack:
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x38fd33 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 1028

callstack:
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x38eab2 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x818f3 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x201b39 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x38fd33 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 6696

callstack:

Thread ID: 8020

callstack:
DllUnregisterServer() + 0x45ad - <Unknown File>(0)
DllUnregisterServer() + 0x48a6 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 808

callstack:

Thread ID: 5964

callstack:

Thread ID: 8080

callstack:

Thread ID: 6808

callstack:

Thread ID: 4816

callstack:

Thread ID: 4632

callstack:

Thread ID: 4280

callstack:
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a5a3 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a661 - <Unknown File>(0)
galaxy::api::GalaxyFactory::ResetInstance() + 0x35a5f9 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 6508

callstack:

Thread ID: 796

callstack:

Thread ID: 968

callstack:

Thread ID: 8088

callstack:

Thread ID: 6304

callstack:

Thread ID: 2460

callstack:
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb23de - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 4888

callstack:
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x7ef6e3 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x7ef79c - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 5600

callstack:
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x7ef6e3 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x7ef79c - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 5748

callstack:
OpenAdapter12() + 0x13a08d - <Unknown File>(0)
OpenAdapter12() + 0x132ecd - <Unknown File>(0)
NVAPI_Thunk() + 0x99b9a - <Unknown File>(0)
NVAPI_Thunk() + 0x472967 - <Unknown File>(0)
NVAPI_Thunk() + 0x472b0e - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 6704

callstack:
OpenAdapter12() + 0x1da62f - <Unknown File>(0)
NVAPI_Thunk() + 0x472967 - <Unknown File>(0)
NVAPI_Thunk() + 0x472b0e - <Unknown File>(0)

Game

Game

Nordicus

So today, out of the blue, my game will not start anymore. It doesn't even get to the Main menu. When I click play on GOG Galaxy or just run my "witcher3.exe" the screen will blink black for a second and then throws me back to the desktop without a warning whatsoever.

The game will run again if I delete the dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll from the x64 folder, but then I can't choose Fullscreen Mode anymore, so this isn't an option, but hopefully some extra info for someone who knows what's going on.

I have no idea what's going on, why won't the game boot?
I dunno, have you tried the thing right above your post?

Just a heads up if anyone that plays using the Galaxy client starts experiencing crashes, the overlay (listed under the DLC installed) was causing me some serious problems before figuring out that's what was doing it.
So basically:

More > Configure > DLC Installed > Game Overlay

Untick

C1evqIy.jpg

Dries

I dunno, have you tried the thing right above your post?

So basically:

More > Configure > DLC Installed > Game Overlay

Untick

C1evqIy.jpg

Alas, doing that also just removes the dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll from the x64 folder, which results in not being able to choose Fullscreen Mode. It does start though, but I need Fullscreen Mode.

Thorgal

damn , the spy ability on some gwent cards is annoying.

sure i get more points but now the opponent can easily win a war of a attrition with 2 more cards .

when he places 2 of those 90 % of the time i am screwed .

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Up to level 14 in the main game and sitting at 16k coins without any clue what to spend my money on.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems like I always manage to find better, newer gear just before it needs repairing.

Nordicus

Up to level 14 in the main game and sitting at 16k coins without any clue what to spend my money on.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems like I always manage to find better, newer gear just before it needs repairing.
Oh, the costs will catch up with you sooner or later.

You'll soon start seeing 3rd tier alchemy recipes and acquiring individual ones costs 600 gold, plus the cost of all the ingredients can easily take another 600 because of White Gull.

Then there's crafting the witcher sets as well, those aren't super cheap later on.

And, if those things still fail to drain your wallet, and you have Hearts of Stone, Runeword enchantment mechanic will cost 5k, then 10k, then 15k to unlock all tiers.

I'm in NG+ right now with 130-150k. Witcher gear is just too good.

Alas, doing that also just removes the dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll from the x64 folder, which results in not being able to choose Fullscreen Mode. It does start though, but I need Fullscreen Mode.

Are you sure it isn't something like RTSS preventing fullscreen from sticking? I'm playing in fullscreen just fine with the overlay unticked.

I heard a lot of people say the Novigrad quest-line is a drag but I honestly might like it better than the stuff in Velen so far. Tons of great characters, heist stuff, lots of humor and intrigue. And Novigrad itself is an amazing location.

Skii

I heard a lot of people say the Novigrad quest-line is a drag but I honestly might like it better than the stuff in Velen so far. Tons of great characters, heist stuff, lots of humor and intrigue. And Novigrad itself is an amazing location.

Velen and Novigrad is the best part. Skellige is the best looking area along with Kaer Morhen but not many interesting quests/fleshed out quests there.

After not playing for a few months, I'm super excited to jump back in.

I've heard Yrden has been nerfed and is now not worth using; is this true?

Hopefully not, as it seems to be the most unique sign.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hearts of Stone Question

If you meet the Countess on the balcony before BIG MAIN STORY SPOILERS
Vesemir is killed. Does it change her dialogue options?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Question about how to handle the end of the base game and when to start Hearts of Stone (I think I'm fairly late in the main story, so spoilers ahead...):

I am at the point where
we have regrouped at Dandelion's place after killing Imlerith and 2/3 Crones. I'm level 31 and have yet to start any of the Hearts of Stone quests.

My question is... would it be better to finish the main story and then complete Hearts of Stone? Is it even possible to play the game once you finish the main story? Or should I take a little break and play through HoS before returning to the main storyline?

finish the main story first then start HOS. you can start HOS when you want but it's designed to be started after the main story and at least level 30.

So I'm at skellige How many hours till tw3 wraps up? Just trying to squeeze it in before goty voting starts. Also, anyone got some good side quests to recommend? I've enjoyed the stuff that has some story to it.

Dont get me wrong, the game is great. It's just that I want to make time for other games, too.

I have to say, the ending is kind of disappointing. The boss was really easy, then I thought a twist was coming, but it wasn't a twist at all. 5 minutes later the game ends. With a voiceover telling me what happens afterwards.
By the way, who is the guy who voices these summaries every time you start the game and inbetween loading? He sounds bored, or like he doesn't know anything about what he's reading.

Great game anyways. I can see why it's a lot of people's GOTY.

Nordicus

So I'm at skellige How many hours till tw3 wraps up? Just trying to squeeze it in before goty voting starts. Also, anyone got some good side quests to recommend? I've enjoyed the stuff that has some story to it.

Dont get me wrong, the game is great. It's just that I want to make time for other games, too.
"I'm at Skellige" really doesn't say much. Can be anything from 20 to 40% through the game

Once you're done with the banquet main quest in Skellige, you'll unlock the quests Lord of Undvik, and Possession which both lead to yet another 2 story heavy quests when completed, and on top of that, the Phantom of Eldberg contract leads to another really good sidequest.

Those 3 quests I mentioned btw? Several hours on your completion time, they're big, especially Lord of Undvik. Break a leg if you're trying to rush.
By the way, who is the guy who voices these summaries every time you start the game and inbetween loading? He sounds bored, or like he doesn't know anything about what he's reading.
Old Dandelion

BraXzy

How do people have so much money?

I am level 15 I think, with around 3k gold xD

"I'm at Skellige" really doesn't say much. Can be anything from 20 to 40% through the game

Once you're done with the banquet main quest in Skellige, you'll unlock the quests Lord of Undvik, and Possession, and also the Phantom of Eldberg contract leads to another really good sidequest.

Those 3 quests I mentioned btw? Several hours on your completion time, they're big, especially Lord of Undvik. Break a leg if you're trying to rush.

Like i literally just arrived at skellige lol. Oh well, i guess I need to suck it up and keep playing. But 20-40% is a scary figure, hah

Like i literally just arrived at skellige lol. Oh well, i guess I need to suck it up and keep playing. But 20-40% is a scary figure, hah

Well, you can go to Skellige whenever you want. You can even go there before completing the main quests in Velen and Novigrad. Regardless, you're still only a little more than halfway through act 1.

Pick everything up, sell all the weapons and armor, have a ton of gold, refuse to buy anything because it's too expensive, hoard all your precious gold and items until the credits roll. RPG economics 101.

Nordicus

Pick everything up, sell all the weapons and armor, have a ton of gold, refuse to buy anything because it's too expensive, hoard all your precious gold and items until the credits roll. RPG economics 101.
Or in other words, become a treasure-hoarding dragon.

Anyway, it also helps if you only sell to people who give you decent price.

Any single valuable ring or necklace in your inventory is a good measuring stick, because most merchants will buy those from you. Any time you come across a merchant, you look at what he'd offer for the trinket, then based on that, decide whether they are worth selling to.

This will soon change for you. When you reach ~level 17 and Novigrad, your finances will change completely. You'll go from being broke to filthy rich. One single visit to a dungeon will net you thousands, as each sword and major armor starts selling for 300 each and more.

Top Bottom