• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

rpmurphy

In the demo you can turn the notes noise stuff off, so you just have music, so I would assume it's the same in the final game.

They're pretty useful though, it feels odd with them absent.

Not at all. You can actually toggle the volume of the chimes to your liking (or turn them off entirely if you prefer), but even at their loudest setting, I don't find them annoying.
Awesome! I'm glad that they considered that option.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Probably because the gameplay is completely different, thus catering to a completely different audience?

Seriously, you can't tell the difference between a spinoff game like this and a direct sequel?

No, I'm too stupid to understand the difference. Thanks for being a dick.

It's a spinoff game, but it still relies heavily on the characters and events of each of the FF games. I guess I'm not really sure why someone would be interested in the aesthetics of a game based on a series they were never entirely interested enough to ever try.

Maybe aesthetic context doesn't matter to some. I don't know. For instance, if I had never played Persona 4, I wouldn't touch the fighting game, even if I was a fighting game fan. Maybe it's my OCD. I like to play everything something references before touching it.

Is there a way to play full versions of songs in the game? Because a lot of the longer ones end before having gone through once, for example One Winged Angel and The Extreme, often at times missing out on the best parts of the songs...

McNum

Which One Winged Angel is it, by the way? Direct PSX version or the orchestrated one from the soundtrack CDs? I'm kind of hoping for the game version, to be honest, the orchestrated one is a little overplayed...

matthwq

Banned
Which One Winged Angel is it, by the way? Direct PSX version or the orchestrated one from the soundtrack CDs? I'm kind of hoping for the game version, to be honest, the orchestrated one is a little overplayed...

I think every song is the original game version. At least I'm PRETTY sure.

zroid

Banned

my understanding is all the "playable" tracks in the game are the original versions.

Robin64

Some folks are saying the game has 64 achievements. Is this true? I can't find a list of them anywhere, so hard to be sure.

laika09

Some folks are saying the game has 64 achievements. Is this true? I can't find a list of them anywhere, so hard to be sure.

3DS games have achievements? Shows what I know.

Honestly I hate my 3DS. I bought it exclusively for this game although I picked up Mario 3D Land and OoT just to break it in a little. And I think it's an overpriced cheap plastic piece of junk. The 3D is a useless gimmick. It's extremely uncomfortable to hold, unlike the Vita. The aesthetics are 10 steps backward from the DSi. Graphics still terrible. Cameras are useless. Battery life is a joke. Resistive touch screen? In 2012? Pathetic.

But I really don't care, because Theatrhythm. I can't wait for tomorrow...

B00TE

I'll have to wait till the late afternoon to go pick up my preorders. Think I'm gonna go ahead and build a playlist with all the music that's in the game today so I can listen to it while I wait to head out tomorrow.

So far FFVIII has the best DLC for me. I've been playing The Extreme on my Japanese copy. Damn it's nice!

How To Zanarkand isn't an actual "playable" song baffles me. It's an intro song, but I wanted a full-blown song. I had to settle for a pretty bad rendition of it from the SE store (I don't know the English title until now, but I it seems to be Movement in Green).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5b-V2-8yY

I've played so much Dissidia though, that I was expecting this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deNrQNt-8iY

:(

zroid

Banned
Honestly I hate my 3DS. I bought it exclusively for this game although I picked up Mario 3D Land and OoT just to break it in a little. And I think it's an overpriced cheap plastic piece of junk. The 3D is a useless gimmick. It's extremely uncomfortable to hold, unlike the Vita. The aesthetics are 10 steps backward from the DSi. Graphics still terrible. Cameras are useless. Battery life is a joke. Resistive touch screen? In 2012? Pathetic.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

zroid

Banned
Thanks a lot Canada, for making today a statutory holiday. Thanks a lot.

the game isn't going to ship till tomorrow

Wiz

Yup mine shipped from Amazon as well. I haven't been following this game much so most of it will be a complete surprise to me.

Chairhome

Mine shipped last night (or at least I got the email last night) from Amazon. Can't wait. Anyone else checking this thread just to get mad/jealous at anyone who gets it today? Haha.

Bururian

Paid my copy off at Gamestop last week, going in bright and early tomorrow to get it, and play for a majority of the day. I love DS Rhythm games. Rhythm Thief is next.

Well said.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Locke is represented in this, yes? If not, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin?!

Westraid

Well said.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Locke is represented in this, yes? If not, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin?!
Locke is in it, yes.

Other characters:

FF: Warrior of Light, Princess Sarah
FF II: Firion, Minwu
FF III: Onion Knight, Cid Haze
FF IV: Cecil, Rydia, Kain
FF V: Bartz, Faris
FF VI: Terra, Locke
FF VII: Cloud, Aerith, Sephiroth
FF VIII: Squall, Seifer
FF IX: Zidane, Vivi
FF X: Tidus, Yuna
FF XI: Shantotto, Prishe
FF XII: Vaan, Ashe
FF XIII: Lightning, Snow
Dissidia FF: Cosmos

Source

Locke is in it, yes.

Other characters:

FF: Warrior of Light, Princess Sarah
FF II: Firion, Minwu
FF III: Onion Knight, Cid Haze
FF IV: Cecil, Rydia, Kain
FF V: Bartz, Faris
FF VI: Terra, Locke
FF VII: Cloud, Aerith, Sephiroth
FF VIII: Squall, Seifer
FF IX: Zidane, Vivi
FF X: Tidus, Yuna
FF XI: Shantotto, Prishe
FF XII: Vaan, Ashe
FF XIII: Lightning, Snow
Dissidia FF: Cosmos

Source

Zidane and Vivi! yay!

No Steiner! Boo!

I hope they give us dlc character packs also....as I really want Rhinoa, Steiner, and Edward (the spoony bard from FFIV).

A musical game without Edward seems almost wrong.

aett

I didn't realize this was coming out so soon. I hadn't been giving the game much thought at all until I watched some videos last night and now I'm pumped.

Thinking about going to the 24 hour Best Buy here in NYC to pick up a copy at midnight (if they do indeed put it out on the shelf at that time). Rhythm games have been missing from my life for a long time. It's going to feel great to play this.

Apparently, one or two local places I know of got their copies in. Debating whether or not I should go and pick it up or if I should just wait until tomorrow...

The game wouldn't be possible [with its current gameplay] withOUT resistive and stylus, just saying...

The Dark Messenger >>>>>>> One Winged Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSi6_hbpo8
Is it in the initial tracks/ available on DLC? This is just so good, and I have never played IX! Solo at 1:02 is awesome!

Bladenic

I have no idea how, but somehow I got caught up in the GAF hype. As soon as I get a 3DS I'm getting this game (along with KH3D).

Of course it would. You can even use your thumb on the 3DS, which kind of beats the point the other guy is making.
I don't know about you guys, but my thumb is not that slippery and fast to accommodate for the challenging parts; technically it should be possible, but practically the only fast rhythm games on iOS I have seen almost strictly relies on taps.

Grah! I can't get the two demo tracks out of my head, and I've only played the demo twice!

I just changed my shipping method on Amazon, and paid £2.00 extra to ensure it arrives on release day (maybe earlier, if I'm lucky). I'd have to wait an extra 3 days or so otherwise.

On an unrelated note, I would not be surprised at all to see this end up on iOS in a year or so. It wouldn't be the first Final Fantasy game to be released on a portable gaming system only to eventually make it's way over, and it would definitely work just as well on an iPhone/iPad. It just makes sense for them to wait a while in order to maximise profit.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure it'd be possible on a capacitive screen, the only issue is that a stylus is much better suited for quick "tap" gameplay, whereas a thumb is better for slower gestures.

A certain amount of precision is lost due to the cushion of a fingertip compared to the rigidity of a stylus (or fingernail, for that matter).

I don't know about you guys, but my thumb is not that slippery and fast to accommodate for the challenging parts; technically it should be possible, but practically the only fast rhythm games on iOS I have seen almost strictly relies on taps.
Well I get my ass handed to me by the challenging parts anyway but it's certainly possible to play the game that way. I don't game on my itouch so I don't know about iOS rhythm games.

Does the game have volume-control options, so you can lower the volume of that annoying "feedback" sound without lowering the volume of the music? I wouldn't mind it if it were quieter, but watching videos for this game it's just grating because of how loud it is and how high-pitched it is.

Top Bottom