• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

rpmurphy

This is great, my Perfect Chain on Ultimate doesn't have a higher score than the one where I cleared with the last note being Bad...

And I have a question. I'm looking for white, navy, black, purple, and gold shards. Do they only appear in dark notes above a certain level, or are they just rare? If anyone has found a dark note with one of these colors, please let me know. BTW, I have level 33 dark note that drops rainbow shards.
The only Dark Note I have that drops Golden Shards is No. 44. If I could, I would totally trade you all of my Golden Shards for some Scarlet Shards.

Heropon

I've got my first rainbow shard from a Manasvin Warmech in a lv 39 dark note. If the order of the shards in the menu means something it appears as the second one. Now I want the Sephiroth and Kain ones.

Kazerei

Banned
The only Dark Note I have that drops Golden Shards is No. 44. If I could, I would totally trade you all of my Golden Shards for some Scarlet Shards.

Huh, I've seen a few notes with scarlet shards. Thanks for the info.

I wish I lived in an area where streetpass wasn't so useless :\

Kazerei

Banned

And I have a question. I'm looking for white, navy, black, purple, and gold shards. Do they only appear in dark notes above a certain level, or are they just rare? If anyone has found a dark note with one of these colors, please let me know. BTW, I have level 33 dark note that drops rainbow shards.

Well, I'll just answer my own question. I found some info on a Japanese wiki and managed to figure it out using the google translation.

There are four types of crystals, and each type appears in Dark Notes of a certain range of levels.

Type: Levels
A: 1-25
B: 1-75
C: 26-99
D: 51-99

Character - Crystal color - Crystal type
Princess Sarah - gold - C
Minwu - silver - B
Cid - yellow - A
Rydia - green - B
Kain - navy - D
Farris - crimson - B
Locke - indigo - A
Aerith - red - B
Sephiroth - black D
Seifer - grey C
Vivi - orange A
Yuna - turquoise - B
Prishe - purple - C
Ashe - scarlet - A
Snow - white - C
Cosmos - rainbow - C

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can someone tell me of either the Atma Weapon music or the Floating Continent music from Final Fantasy Vi are either unlock able or eventually DLC? If they are unlock able, how? Thanks

Well, I'll just answer my own question. I found some info on a Japanese wiki and managed to figure it out using the google translation.

There are four types of crystals, and each type appears in Dark Notes of a certain range of levels.

Type: Levels
A: 1-25
B: 1-75
C: 26-99
D: 51-99

Character - Crystal color - Crystal type
Princess Sarah - gold - C
Minwu - silver - B
Cid - yellow - A
Rydia - green - B
Kain - navy - D
Farris - crimson - B
Locke - indigo - A
Aerith - red - B
Sephiroth - black D
Seifer - grey C
Vivi - orange A
Yuna - turquoise - B
Prishe - purple - C
Ashe - scarlet - A
Snow - white - C
Cosmos - rainbow - C

Cool, thanks for the info.

*goes back to grinding*

They can make a lot of money on DLC characters. Just make entire casts available for each game.
Or at least add a third character to each series, like they did with IV and VII.

Can someone tell me of either the Atma Weapon music or the Floating Continent music from Final Fantasy Vi are either unlock able or eventually DLC? If they are unlock able, how? Thanks

All songs are unlocked via Rhythmia so the more you play the more songs you'll unlock. The Atma weapon song is unlockable and called The Fierce Battle. I don't know how much Rhythmia you'll need but I have over 30,000 and I haven't unlocked it yet, so more than that. The Floating Continent is neither unlockable nor DLC.

Robin64

Right now, the FFVI music is thus:

Included:

Terra's Theme
Searching for Friends
The Decisive Battle
The Fierce Battle
Dancing Mad
Celes's Theme
Omen
Balance is Restored

Via DLC:

Battle Theme

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
All songs are unlocked via Rhythmia so the more you play the more songs you'll unlock. The Atma weapon song is unlockable and called The Fierce Battle. I don't know how much Rhythmia you'll need but I have over 30,000 and I haven't unlocked it yet, so more than that. The Floating Continent is neither unlockable nor DLC.

Right now, the FFVI music is thus:

Included:

Terra's Theme
Searching for Friends
The Decisive Battle
The Fierce Battle
Dancing Mad
Celes's Theme
Omen
Balance is Restored

Via DLC:

Battle Theme

Thanks guys. Bummer Floating Continent isn't included, but glad the Atma Weapon theme is. :)

Ghost23

First impressions from someone who has never played Final Fantasy:

-The music is awesome! Very catchy

-There are some instances where the notes are just totally off from the music. I've only encountered this twice, but it's enough to make me wish for a calibration option.

-The RPG elements are pretty cool, but they seem kinda useless, too. Speaking of which, is the best way to get the highest score on a song to use low level characters with no items or abilities? I'm confused how that system works.

-I wish I cared about which characters I use, but honestly I don't know any of them.

Time to play some more!

-The RPG elements are pretty cool, but they seem kinda useless, too. Speaking of which, is the best way to get the highest score on a song to use low level characters with no items or abilities? I'm confused how that system works.

If your only goal is high score, you cannot use -any- items or abilities whatsoever. There's a 2 million fixed "stoic bonus" for playing a song with absolutely nothing equipped on your entire party, raising the maximum score from 7,999,999 to 9,999,999.

Ghost23

If your only goal is high score, you cannot use -any- items or abilities whatsoever. There's a 2 million fixed "stoic bonus" for playing a song with absolutely nothing equipped on your entire party, raising the maximum score from 7,999,999 to 9,999,999.

Gotcha. So if you are scoring 7,999,999, then there isn't a point for items or abilities anyway because you didn't get hit.

EDIT: Except if you are looking for more items or shards

MrDaravon

Gotcha. So if you are scoring 7,999,999, then there isn't a point for items or abilities anyway because you didn't get hit.

EDIT: Except if you are looking for more items or shards

Right, so basically in Challenge mode don't equip anything (unless you actually need to in order to just beat a stage like on Ultimate or something), and in Chaos Shrine go nuts and fully equip since that mode doesn't track scoring/rank (and even if it did that's probably where you'd want to grind for items/shards anyway).

Bururian

'The Man with the Machine gun' and 'Battle with the Four Fiends' on their Ultimate tracks are really wrecking me right now, and yet I can't get enough of it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Awesome - found a Dark Note that goes FF1 - Mt. Gulg/FF4 - Battle 1 where the boss 3 ends up being a goblin. Then found a Dark Note with FF7 - JENOVA as the BMS stage, with Safer Sephiroth as boss 3. Woot!

isny

napkin dispenser
Surprised the discussion died down so quick.

I'm at 5 yellow and 5 orange shards. Not sure which to grind out.

isny

napkin dispenser
Taught Flare V to Cloud. Takes 32 points to use...lol (He's only level 30, so he has about 20ish points available)

The BMS in this Dark Note is really kicking my ass. I don't know how much longer I can go on

EDIT: Cleared it, but got a C. Good enough. I think it's high time I started equipping my party with stuff

EDIT 2: Defeated Chaos, but would have loved the option to retry the battle to try to get a perfect chain

zashga

Having a blast trying to unlock all the characters. Got
Sarah
and
Rydia
tonight, but in general it's been somewhat slow going. I need to experiment with my party makeup to see if I can reliably kill 2+ bosses per run. Maybe I should ditch my agility guy and get more physical damage...

Also, I need to find a boss with crimson and indigo shards. I must unlock all the SNES cast members! (What color is
Kain
?)

isny

napkin dispenser
Having a blast trying to unlock all the characters. Got
Sarah
and
Rydia
tonight, but in general it's been somewhat slow going. I need to experiment with my party makeup to see if I can reliably kill 2+ bosses per run. Maybe I should ditch my agility guy and get more physical damage...

Also, I need to find a boss with crimson and indigo shards. I must unlock all the SNES cast members! (What color is
Kain
?)

Boss 3 in No.23 drops Indigo Shards. So does Boss 3 in No.17.

Boss 3 in No.11 drops Indigo Shards. (And Yellow and Orange)

edit: Just unlocked Vivi and Cid. God, I never want to hear Eternal Wind and Defiers of Fate again after grinding them out for hours ;_;

edit: Anyone notice, for some songs, like the Theme of Love, that the songs end about 75% of the way through the bar at the bottom? Anyone have any idea why? Does it do this in the Japanese version too?

edit: Anyone notice, for some songs, like the Theme of Love, that the songs end about 75% of the way through the bar at the bottom? Anyone have any idea why? Does it do this in the Japanese version too?

In Event Stages, succeeding in the Feature Zone plays the extended version of the song while failing it ends it early. The progress bar at the bottom is for the full song.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Chaos mode is freaking fun. The songs I've played are much more intense than any of the series.:eek:

Almost finished up all the basic series only got 1 2 3 and XII left.:D

FFXII, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX probably have the most "fun" tracks in the game so far. FFXI is probably my least favorite, wonder if it's because I have no attachement to the music in that game.:/

isny

napkin dispenser
Chaos mode is freaking fun. The songs I've played are much more intense than any of the series.:eek:

Almost finished up all the basic series only got 1 2 3 and XII left.:D

FFXII, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX probably have the most "fun" tracks in the game so far. FFXI is probably my least favorite, wonder if it's because I have no attachement to the music in that game.:/

Can't wait for X-2 DLC! Real Emotion plzkthx!

Also, this version of Theme of Love
.../drool

Been wanting to pick this up. Best Buy's deal next week is tempting. Thinking about picking up Rhythm Thief with this and get something for free.

Is there a Rhythm Thief OT? That also looks like a cool rhythm game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This needs to be a thing:

shinratrff.jpg

Sora_N

I caved and bought this game today, my wonderful gf helped me pitch in for half (I also bought ICO Collection today, so was a bit wallet-heavy). Man I just finished FFIX, and I totally suck at this game, nearly cried just listening to those songs. Brings back so many memories.

Top Bottom