• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Whooooa, I streetpassed someone (this is a surprise in itself because I barely get streetpasses where I live), and got someone's proficard (extra surprise)! :O

Dude had a Dark Note I didn't have so pretty happy about that.

(Also, eff you Nintendo for having a daily limit of coins. I walked a lot today. Apparently I need a lot of these for Shinobi 3DS. :V)

Did you click on the notification icon on the 3DS home page to see the max limit of tags you can get at once for this game?

Boogiepop

FFIII's battle song is killing me on Ultimate. I've got most of it down, but those damn "do a semicircle real quick with slides" is destroying my health. I could probably crush it with an item or a healing spell, but that just feels like cheating (meanwhile, I still have my battle skills equipped because I'm too lazy to take them on and off).

Oh, and I finally unlocked my first character! Ashe is mine! Now for the rest!

BooJoh

The biggest issue I'm having with this game is the slide notes, particularly when they're in a faster sequence. The game tells you to be sure to "slide" and not "flick" but when you're moving as fast as some of these songs require, the distinction is near-impossible to make.

I'm also really worried that this will be an even bigger problem on a 3DS XL depending on how it determines a proper "slide" of the stylus and whether or not the bigger screen means you need bigger slides in the same amount of time.

B-Dex

FFIII's battle song is killing me on Ultimate. I've got most of it down, but those damn "do a semicircle real quick with slides" is destroying my health. I could probably crush it with an item or a healing spell, but that just feels like cheating (meanwhile, I still have my battle skills equipped because I'm too lazy to take them on and off).

Oh, and I finally unlocked my first character! Ashe is mine! Now for the rest!

Go into equip, set as defualt. Then you can just unequip all and when you wanna use your skills again just hit use default.

Everyone had me scared with the rotating arrows on the "No.99" Dark Notes. First time around I think I did okay.
TQGpxl.jpg

The BMS scene kicked my ass though. :(

I've found the FMS to be pretty easy. The BMS on the other hand...

Boogiepop

Go into equip, set as defualt. Then you can just unequip all and when you wanna use your skills again just hit use default.

Ah, that'll be a big help. Thanks!

Also, unlocked Cid! And my Zidane is now level 99. My other guys are (Lightning, Tidus, and Bartz) are ~92 though, so they still need to be leveled a bit more. However, I've noticed that I can't even kill bosses (in dark notes around 80) even if I do great and have my boss killing skills + Ultima Weapon equipped. Any idea who I should go for next if I want to be sure to pack a punch for the Battle parts of Dark Notes?

JimboJones

I've done 25 Dark Notes and I've gotten maybe three shards from them. :/ Unlocking characters is going to take years.

Can't you just replay the Dark Notes that give you shards? I've marked ones as favorite if the boss drops the coloured shards I need.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've done 25 Dark Notes and I've gotten maybe three shards from them. :/ Unlocking characters is going to take years.

Have you used Libra to figure out all the drops? Are you fighting the second/third bosses or mostly the first? Do you have boss-killing abilities equipped to grind through low level Dark Notes for mega crystals? Pretty much every Dark Note I have has at least one shard, most have 4+ shards.

I FINALLY GOT IT!!! It´s hermoso!! <3

Question!!!

The DLC songs that are on the store, the price will always be that or it´s just for the release of the game???

I ask just to get $20 dlrs and don´t lose the chance.

Roto13

Have you used Libra to figure out all the drops? Are you fighting the second/third bosses or mostly the first? Do you have boss-killing abilities equipped to grind through low level Dark Notes for mega crystals? Pretty much every Dark Note I have has at least one shard, most have 4+ shards.

Apparently only one of my four level 99 characters has a boss killing ability. I don't think I ever fight first bosses.

I want to hate this game as much as I want to love it and that's not just my seething hatred for modern Final Fantasy talking.

The good parts of the game are REALLY good, but it feels like there's a lot of things in the game that are half-baked. I really feel like they should have just focused on the Field and Battle Stages. The OP/ED and Event Stages are borderline useless. And some of the songs just seem to fade in and fade out in horrible ways. I know there's a limit on time use in music games for good, balanced stages, but a minor amount of song editing would go a long way in making the package not seem like a rushed hack job so often.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I've got to admit, I'm a little demotivated by the scoring system. In particular the 2 million bonus points for clearing a song "naked". Since I know this, I clear pretty much every song with at least S, even when I haven't played all that good. It's stupid: I'm getting better scores even when I was actually playing worse than my previous highscores. And why? Because I'm playing without skills and equip, something that's not affecting the actual gameplay anyway?

I really can't understand that design decision at all.

Yep absolutely agree. Stoic should be a badge or something, not points. As-is, it gives a huge score bonus for basically nothing. Makes it so your score shows nothing of your actual performance. Handin' out S's like candy.

The solution is to play with stuff equipped when going for scores, and if you want to see the full scores without summon interruption, just play stoic in practice mode.

Munkyspace

Someone clear this up for me:

Only Boss No. 3 will drop crystal shard in Dark Notes, correct? Or can the other bosses do the same thing?

Boss 2 can drop shards as well. So can Boss 1. Boss 3, however, usually has three different shards in his loot table.

Boss 1: one shard, if any
Boss 2: two shards
Boss 3: three shards

Boss 2 can drop shards as well. So can Boss 1. Boss 3, however, usually has three different shards in his loot table.

Boss 1: one shard, if any
Boss 2: two shards
Boss 3: three shards

Okay, that makes more sense since I'm getting much harder notes. Time to do lots of equipping

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So, uh, did anyone check the stats on any of the unlockable characters? Are they even worth it as a whole, or are people still using the regular set of characters? I've still got Shantotto, Cloud, Zidane, and Butz/Firion leading the pack, but that's because I poured a lot into them, and I figured that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've been on vacation for a week. I brought my 3DS. I did about 50,000 steps (~25 miles) in the first three days and then stopped bringing it with me for the rest of the trip. I'd guess I did about 40-45 miles overall or 65+ km. I should have a bazillion coins if not for the stupid limit.
Apparently I travelled 12736 steps today and only got the max amount of coins. I did have the idea in the back of my mind to switch the day, but I think it's a little silly I have to do that. Nintendo included a pedometer mechanic for a reason (which probably partially included fitness), so why not use more coins as an incentive for people who walk longer distances?

I used some play coins on just one Shinobi bonus stage/trial, it was so punishing in difficulty I never spent any play coins there again!
Ahahaha, well that sounds interesting. I haven't started it yet, but I've heard some really good things about it!

Did you click on the notification icon on the 3DS home page to see the max limit of tags you can get at once for this game?
Ugh, I'm so sorry. I did check the icon and I didn't even think to take note of the number of streetpasses you can have at one time. :/

If I get another one tomorrow (as I'm going downtown so I'm hoping I get one), I'll check and take note of the number.

Boogiepop

yeah this happened to me too. I always associated Faris's hair with purple because of her sprite.

Yeah, it really threw me off. Actually makes me a little sad, because she's not that recognizable without her purple hair. I guess it's because of the original artwork or something that her hair here doesn't match her sprite from V?

Bururian

Yeah, it really threw me off. Actually makes me a little sad, because she's not that recognizable without her purple hair. I guess it's because of the original artwork or something that her hair here doesn't match her sprite from V?

Yeah, Faris's sprite in FFV had purple hair. Faris has dirty blonde hair in Theatrhythm.

7cDvu.jpg

Guess how many Black Shards I've gotten from that asshole Shadow Lord out of the 11 times I've cleared it.

only one >:|

Whyyyy would the toughest boss in the highest level Dark Note drop crap like X-Potions and Chocobo Feathers? Rubicante over there better have Kain's shard because I don't want to have to learn a new high level Dark Note.

Just to be sure, can I replay older Dark Notes and get more shards that way? Or do I have to keep on getting new DNs?

This damn game needs a guide. :/

You can

On a related note, it's gonna be a real pain trying to get multiple Boss No. 3's to drop their third item.

Got two bosses that both had yellow shards and different colored shards. With Cid unlocked, getting whatever third item or shard they have is proving to be rather difficult

linko9

I got this game yesterday in the afternoon and have played 19 hours... this is one of the most addicting games I've ever played. Motivating myself to eat and sleep is very difficult.

weird, I got an error while in tutorial at the the start of the game, booted me out of the game with a message that the 3ds will shutdown... hasn't happen again though.

New song DLC is up for North America!

• Desperate Struggle (FFXIII BMS)
  • Sarutabaruta (FFXI FMS)
  • Battle (FFVI BMS)
  • Somnus (Versus XIII FMS)

Robin64

New song DLC is up for North America!

• Desperate Struggle (FFXIII BMS)
  • Sarutabaruta (FFXI FMS)
  • Battle (FFVI BMS)
  • Somnus (Versus XIII FMS)

Wait, what? Now America and Europe are going to have completely separate releases? That seems a bit crap.

For reference, Europe this week gets:

Matoya's Cave (FF FMS)
Battle 1 (FFIII BMS)
The Final Battle (FFV BMS)
The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII FMS)

Weird.

Top Bottom