• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Hurry up, we die, majestically, for Mog!

Somnus is pretty sweet, was not expecting it to sound like that. Also, I just started using the Theatrhythm stylus, it's pretty dope.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
oh what the fuck

I seriously thought the Crimson Shard character was Edgar.

ughhhhhh
THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS WHEN TERRA WASN'T GREEN HAIRED

TERRA SHOULD BE GREEN HAIRED ALWAYS

ACTUALLY FUCK THIS GAME FOR HAVING HER AS A BLONDE
New song DLC is up for North America!

• Desperate Struggle (FFXIII BMS)
  • Sarutabaruta (FFXI FMS)
  • Battle (FFVI BMS)
  • Somnus (Versus XIII FMS)
YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH

Wait, what? Now America and Europe are going to have completely separate releases? That seems a bit crap.

For reference, Europe this week gets:

Matoya's Cave (FF FMS)
Battle 1 (FFIII BMS)
The Final Battle (FFV BMS)
The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII FMS)

Weird.

Aw man, I would have taken Archylte Steppe over all that stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I ENDED UP BUYING ALL OF IT

I HATE MYSELF (but the FFVI battle theme is my favourite FF battle theme of all time so it's justifiable)
Lol, I didn't even realize there was a Versus XIII track. That's gonna look weird if they rename it.
It's listed under the "Final Fantasy Series" moniker. Nice dodge there.

• Battle (FFVI BMS)

Nice! So it looks like we'll be getting DLC every week after all!

Interesting that the schedules for North America and Europe are completely different, though. Honestly, I'd say Europe wins this DLC round, but I'm definitely getting Desperate Struggle, Battle, and Somnus nonetheless. I never played FF XI, so Sarutabaruta will have to wait until I can listen to it on YouTube and decide if I like it enough to buy it...

I hope we get "Warriors of the Goddess" from FF XIII-2 soon. Man, I wish there was more than just one XIII-2 track coming...

beje

Banned
Who had the awesome idea of not letting you preview the songs in the DLC shop? Except for the few I already know by their name, I always have to youtube them.

• Battle (FFVI BMS)

This is the first game ever that I'm actually buying DLC for. I'll probably download Somnus. (And whatever other music they release down the line from FFVII through FFX.)

Jeez, did this game get a very small print? The two best local stores still don't have copies. I even checked out a shop that overprices everything gaming but even they are sold out.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Both groups of songs were released for the Japanese version, Square is just mixing up the order for the regions for some reason.

Maybe because of the Type-0 song, that was originally in the DLC pack that Europe got. They want to have that better aligned with the announcement they are going to make soon. ;)

Amir0x

Banned
Jeez, did this game get a very small print? The two best local stores still don't have copies. I even checked out a shop that overprices everything gaming but even they are sold out.

It's definitely hard to find. I have my copy, but since then I haven't seen any copies in the major stores. Haven't been to Gamestop though

Thoraxes

I got the last copy at my local BB, and all other stores in the general area were sold out.

Whoo, new DLC! Not bad for first tries:

photocopyl.jpg

photocopy2p.jpg

I'm confident that I can do better than this -- my main problem with Ultimate Scores is that I'm using the crappy, standard 3DS stylus (my review copy didn't come with the pre-order stylus) and it keeps slipping out my fingers.

I ordered a DSi XL stylus from Amazon yesterday, though, and I'm hoping that improves my performance.

This and Desperate Struggle are so fun on Ultimate!

Also, those trying to grind levels take note: from my experience playing it, FF VI's "Battle" seems to be the best individual song on which to grind so far. The amount of EXP you get for completing the Ultimate Score is already high, but Magic Pots seem to appear in this song quite often -- I played each score once and the Ultimate Score a few times, and had a Magic Pot appear several times! For beating the Ultimate Score and killing a Magic Pot, I got about 9800 EXP -- and that's without any EXP-boosting items or abilities. Pretty nice!

Famassu

Cosmo Canyon on Ultimate lolwut?!?!? Totally got my ass handed to me by it! That's a first for FMSs. :D

Also, US getting Somnus earlier than Europe is totally a revenge for us getting the demo early.

Netto-kun

The official Facebook page posted some Collecta Card passwords.

Jecht Shot
Rat tail
Elemental weakness
Princess of Tycoon
Gysahl Greens
Hates water
Feed me
Another gunblade
Magnitude 8
Platinum Ingot
Not much upstairs (seems like this one isn't working)
Pale Horse
Do-rag

Found a copy! Last one at Toys R Us. Cost me $40 though. :( I usually get them for $35.

Is there a point to even playing the opening and ending themes? I feel like they're just screensavers.

Famassu

But the Archylte Steppe is much better, so in the end we still win.
I like Somnus better, at least as a song, not sure which one will be more fun to play in Theatrhythm.

Found a copy! Last one at Toys R Us. Cost me $40 though. :( I usually get them for $35.

Is there a point to even playing the opening and ending themes? I feel like they're just screensavers.
Not all of them, but, say, FFXII's ending can net you 200 Rhytmia points, which is quite a lot. And it's a really good song as well, so it's nice to just listen to it.

Shamdeo

This is the three week schedule for Theatrhythm DLC in North America.

Thursday, July 12, 2012
FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII “Somnus”
FINAL FANTASY XIII “Desperate Struggle”
FINAL FANTASY XI “Sarutabaruta”
FINAL FANTASY VI “Battle”

Thursday, July 19, 2012
FINAL FANTASY VII “Fight On!”
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 “Etro’s Champion”
FINAL FANTASY XI “Battle Theme”
FINAL FANTASY III “Battle 1″

Thursday, July 26, 2012
FINAL FANTASY X “A Contest of Aeons”
FINAL FANTASY XIII “The Archylte Steppe”
FINAL FANTASY XI “The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah”
FINAL FANTASY III “Crystal Cave”

zroid

Banned
A curious side note:

Somnus is defined as originating from "Final Fantasy Series", not Versus XIII...

EDIT: ah, but it does mention Versus XIII in the description:
the title of this song, played during the trailer for FF Versus XIII, means "sleep", but there is nothing restful about the forceful vocals singing of coming war.

TheExodu5

Banned
This is the three week schedule for Theatrhythm DLC in North America.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012
FINAL FANTASY III “Crystal Cave”

Damnit, where's FINAL FANTASY VI "Floating Continent"?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
For sure buying these:

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012
FINAL FANTASY III “Crystal Cave”[/QUOTE]

Cosmo Canyon on Ultimate lolwut?!?!? Totally got my ass handed to me by it! That's a first for FMSs. :D

I know right? Haha. I managed to complete the song but man I wasn't expecting something as difficult as that. Love this game xD

Hope the DLC is up in Europe soon, or if it is already, that my game hurries up and lists them.

Top Bottom