• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheVerge: There will still be 30fps PS5 Pro Enhanced games

Eszti

Banned
i play at 240-360fps and it's even more fun.
thats good for you,esports titles very fun othe games you cant run at this fps anyways unless absolute high end and 1080 lowest settings and not even then but you are really ignorant not to mention that fps is a matter of getting used too nothing more i played on a 240hz screen for years. i dont give a fuck about fps sure i see 30 as unplayabale especially on oled but 40 fps with vrr locked is very playable especially with a controller. anything over 120 fps is a waste anyways the difference is so small for that extra 100 fps you need to push it out its laughable.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Devs have to choose how to spend the hardware’s resources on some balance between IQ, resolution, and framerate. Same as it has always been since 3D graphics were invented regardless how powerful the hardware is.

Yeah I think 30 FPS sucks too, but the pearl clutching and fake outrage about this are pretty stupid. At least most games let you choose now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does warren make you worried?

GQ2G1gl.png

30fps narrative right on time from the usual billionaire friends. The verge and Warren. Soon DF will follow.

BTW reminds which company still releases 30fps only games? Oh yes, Microsoft. So they (their friends) are accusing something they are the ones doing like all the marxists they are.

Last edited:
Did The Verge make articles about X1X reminding people the vast majority of games would still be 30fps? Do they realize PS5 Pro will actually double the framerate in most cases for gamers?

Of course there will find and highlight that one game out of 1000 that will play at only 30fps (but will they actually? On Xbox yes, but on Playstation?).

Those people are not journalists, they are propagandists and should be considered as Microsoft employees.

Last edited:

sainraja

Sony can only encourage developers to go for performance mode and they made that clear with Cerny's talk where he referenced data they gathered on what people are choosing. Outside of that, and absent of an arbitrary policy forcing devs to choose 60 FPS, what can they do?

Tg89

No shit.

Do people seriously just not understand how this stuff works lol? You'll always be able to push fidelity further at the sacrifice of FPS and vice versa.

There's no level of hardware that will change that.

Of course it will as it will always be dev choice.

I just hope at the least devs continue to do 40fps modes for 120hz displays as it's such a huge step up from 30. I'll always prefer 60 or above but I played Horizon and Spiderman 2 in the 40fps mode and enjoyed both.

No it's not. DF pointed out that the RT Hogwarts footage in the reveal was 30fps. This explains why.
It absolutely is.
Sony can only encourage developers to go for performance mode and they made that clear with Cerny's talk where he referenced data they gathered on what people are choosing. Outside of that, and absent of an arbitrary policy forcing devs to choose 60 FPS, what can they do?
This.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I will say it for the 10 millionth time. Sixty and thirty fps are choices. They are choices that come with trade-offs. A game running at 30fps will always, always, always be able to present better graphics than one running at 60fps. It's objective reality.
Amen.
Imagine Sony flat-out saying that data shows 75% of players prefer framerate over resolution and then a developer comes along that boosts resolution over framerate lmao
No dev in their right mind should ever purposely make their game uglier. That's what targeting 60 over 30 does.

You want 60 all the time, buy a PC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Same CPU as the base model, so I wouldn't expect miracles on CPU dependant games like Wukong, Space Marine 2 or Dragon's Dogma 2.

(although the later might get patched to require less CPU, but that's something every platform will benefit from)

King Dazzar

And for all Sony's flaws. At least they recognise people want 60fps and are trying to push it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
From what i remember there's Gotham Knights that never got a performance patch, some games launched without performance mode but later added.
Who gives a shit about Gotham Knights though?

Same CPU as the base model, so I wouldn't expect miracles on CPU dependant games like Wukong, Space Marine 2 or Dragon's Dogma 2.

(although the later might get patched to require less CPU, but that's something every platform will benefit from)
That's what PSSR is for.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Imagine Sony flat-out saying that data shows 75% of players prefer framerate over resolution and then a developer comes along that boosts resolution over framerate lmao
Imagine 90% of the people bashed Concord from their initial showing and through both betas telling Sony and the Devs it was DOA and yet the game still gets pushed off the cliff, I mean out the door

Some devs dont care what gamers want

ManaByte

This is the same company that effectively banned 2D games from their platform for the first three years it existed. They can approve to deny whatever they want. They control what gets published 100%.

Three

£700 to still play at 30fps?

is that a joke?
You could also spend >£1k and play at 4k30fps, so what? Luckily almost all games give you a choice of 60fps and developers aren't hindered by mandated targets if they wanted to do something out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's what PSSR is for.
I'm not sure. Ain't that for re-scaling? All that's useful for is rendering at a low resolution and turning that image into 4K. Doesn't sound to me like it will do much to help CPU performance, but I'm not an expert.

StueyDuck

when do gamers learn that developers target a framerate and it has nothing to do with the hardware.

You could literally have a quantum super computer and some dev out there will make a 30fps game for it.

I'm not a framerate snob, I don't mind 30 if it's developed to play well at 30, but yeah this idea that adding moar coal is somehow gonna just make everything 60 for eternity is such a weird take. Also from tom it's a bit console warrish (which is no surprise, I'm shocked the doodoo jezzy poopoo hasn't jumped in yet)

Top Bottom