• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheVerge: There will still be 30fps PS5 Pro Enhanced games

Episode 7 No Shit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Filben

Again, Cerny pointed out that players shouldn’t have to “choose” between performance or fidelity with the Pro. So with the Pro enhanced titles at 30FPS, what’s the fucking point? Yes, it’s up to the developer, and Cerny knows that, so why the ridiculous statement that the Pro would somehow end that dilemma of choice for players?
I think for Pro Enhanced games that already released this can be true. They receive a patch and the 30fps fidelity mode then runs at 60. Devs won't add much more fidelity for older games because that's taking way more resources. So maybe he's talking about this case. Otherwise it's, as always, corpospeak.

For new titles, especially coming 2026 I still see a 30fps mode, even on the Pro.

Geruda065

Judging by GTA 5, the GTA 6 is being made for next 2-3 generations of consoles so it will be 30 fps on current generation just like GTA 5 was 30fps on PS3/X360.

R3EUIL

I don't understand his point, Sony obviously can't force all games to be 60FPS, but even so, there is almost no game that only runs at 30FPS

Top Bottom