• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi (India) zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a hair-raising incident which was captured live on cameras, a white tiger killed a youth after he fell into the animal's moat in the Delhi zoo, an official said on Tuesday.

"As soon as the youth slipped and fell into the moat, the tiger approached him and silently watched him for nearly 15 minutes," Bittoo, an eyewitness, who recorded the entire incident on his mobile, told reporters.

He said what possibly provoked the tiger to attack the man was when onlookers and a guard tried to divert its attention by pelting stones at it.

"Everyone was pelting stones and making noises to divert the tiger's attention," Bittoo added. "It was then that the tiger pounced on the youth with his paw and dragged him inside his enclosure by his neck," Bittoo added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...tor-inside-Delhi-zoo/articleshow/43231710.cms

Images and video at the link/youtube.

Watevaman

15 minutes and they couldn't tranq it or something? I agree that throwing rocks at it only would have made it more agitated.

Feel sorry for the kid. Doesn't matter if he was under the influence or not, the zoo officials didn't do enough.

CrankyJay

Banned
Was at a zoo the other day when two tigers (apparently brothers) went at it...full on roaring. Holy shit...I was safe behind iron bars and I still felt scared.

Edwardo

Another eyewitness Himanshu said: "The man was cowering in fear and appeared to be pleading with folded hands to the tiger to spare him. The barricading around the tiger was hardly two to three feet in height."

ummm what?

Gibbo

Something similar happened at the singapore zoo a few years ago. Some crazy person jumped into the white tiger enclosure. Obviously it did not end well. The whole thing was captured on camera, and should still be on youtube

The Cowboy

So the tiger was watching him silently for 15 minutes, and the best idea people came up with was to pelt stones at the tiger? - i mean that makes no sense at all and is probably the most stupid thing to do (as it would just get the tiger angry). As others have said, how was no tranquilisers used? - surely 15 minutes is more than enough time to get some.

I saw another video with a Tiger in India which had a man pinned down and it took a good 20 minutes to half an hour before a police man came and shot the lion in the head, man survived but still.

dat time.

Wheres the video? Im on mobile

Liveleak. Your tag is awful....

Watching the video, it reminds me of one of my cats whenever it jumps onto my office desk while I'm working. It's fine to just sit there, but the second I make a move to pick her up or move her back to the floor, she immediately grabs whatever tiny item she can from off the desk and makes a run for it.

Liveleak. Your tag is awful....

Watching the video, it reminds me of one of my cats whenever it jumps onto my office desk while I'm working. It's fine to just sit there, but the second I make a move to pick her up or move her back to the floor, she immediately grabs whatever tiny item she can from off the desk and makes a run for it.

Yeah, theres lots of stuff in the world I hate. Which makes me unique

thank god we're not all the same

Truant

0VUjXph.png

Holy fuck, just look how he drags the kid with him like he weighs nothing. Poor kid, what a horrible way to die. I just can't imagine.

CrankyJay

Banned
Death of Pi

And before you anti-pun people get all pissy, this kid was drunk and approached the barricade 2-3 times while getting pushed back by a guard before falling in, that's Darwinism.

Chuckie

I saw another video with a Tiger in India which had a man pinned down and it took a good 20 minutes to half an hour before a police man came and shot the lion in the head, man survived but still.

dat time.

Why did the police shoot the lion. It didn't do anything wrong ;_;

:( So tragic. He looks so frightened, kept praying at the tiger to go away :< Ugh. Terrible way to go. Agh. Feels so sad right now. Poor guy. So young, too.

I think there is a lot more to this story. First "kid" does not mean a 20 year old who skipped work to go to the zoo (or could depending on your age I guess, that's an adult to me). He had a history of mental issues and could have been drunk and/or high.

While this is tragic, I think it's one of those situations where all those shitty stars lined up and the worst outcome happened.

I also read that he may have intentionally went in, which is even more sad because his mental state may have been the cause of all of it, or drugs, or booze. Guess we'll find out more as time passes.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They shouldve killed the tiger on the spot. Now its too late

Dont do anything to it

rip kid. Horrible

Why should they have killed the tiger? What the fuck did he do that was at fault?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Was at a zoo the other day when two tigers (apparently brothers) went at it...full on roaring. Holy shit...I was safe behind iron bars and I still felt scared.

I don't know if it applies to tigers as well, but for lions, their roar is at a frequency that triggers an reproducible innate fear response in humans.

muteki

Tigers gonna do what tigers do.

Hopefully nothing happens to him because of some human stupidity.
It's not about whose at fault or blaming the tiger for being a tiger, but ya, fucking kill the thing if it's about to kill someone. I'm on team human, not team tigers.
Team tiger all day every day. Tranquilizers exist for a reason.

Scrabble

Why should they have killed the tiger? What the fuck did he do that was at fault?

It's not about whose at fault or blaming the tiger for being a tiger, but ya, fucking kill the thing if it's about to kill someone. I'm on team human, not team tigers.

CrankyJay

Banned

I suppose killing it before the human would make sense, but not afterwards as punishment...it doesn't make sense.

You can fucking tranq it first you know. What is it with people and going straight for the kill.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Yes let's keep killing off species and endanger more to save dumbass drunks looking for the Darwinism award.

I suppose killing it before the human would make sense, but not afterwards as punishment...it doesn't make sense.

I agree ... to a point. What if it's true that he was drunk/high and jumped in? Should the tiger be killed at that point also (to save him)? I'm on #TeamHuman for the most part in these situations but at the same time I can't even go to the Portland Zoo anymore because there's this one Tiger enclosure and every time I went it just paces this path from tree to rock to tree to rock, you can tell it's just going crazy. Zoo's are fine when they are for rescue animals, but when you're breeding them to be on display, I disagree with the practice.

Crazy, guess this is common or something, was trying to find the name/species of what I was talking about and randomly found this:

Tigers are among zoo visitors&#8217; favorite animals. They&#8217;re also one reason many people hate zoos. Saddened by the picture of misery presented by the tiger who repetitively paces back and forth, back and forth, some people never go back.

Sawce

Dunlop

Yes let's keep killing off species and endanger more to save dumbass drunks looking for the Darwinism award.

Sorry still team human.

Even the most sensible person can go overboard with drinking once in a while, they do not deserve to die for it.

Obviously tranc if possible, otherwise take out the tiger

Watevaman

Ya most likey. I was going to ask why he didnt just climb out if the barrier was only a few feet tall.

Just saw the video, and yeah, the wall of the enclosure is at least 12-15 feet tall, so no way was he getting out.

Also holy crap at how fast that tiger got him and dragged him away.

Utterly insane that A) he was able to get into the enclosure in the first place, and B) that in 15 minutes they couldn't do anything like get a ladder or get a tranquilliser?

But the tiger doesn't deserve to be killed because of this. Just put a fucking fence around the enclosure.

Sorry still team human.

Even the most sensible person can go overboard with drinking once in a while, they do not deserve to die for it.

Obviously tranc if possible, otherwise take out the tiger

#TeamHuman is the reason most of these animals are in cages.

Step 1: Bring animals from natural habitat and put in cages.
Step 2: Profit
Step 3: Kill animal when cages are breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom